Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ArmA Vista Performance/Issues(Release&New Driver!)

Microsoft Windows Vista is available to Consumers as of today!

You can review Latest Vista Info & Driver Links in the Offtopic Thread "Windows Vista Finally Released (Drivers too)"

Please share your Armed Assault Performance and Issues in this thread! Looking forward to your results & opinions!

I'm running 64-bit Vista with a Geforce 8800GTX, tonight I will be trying the new drivers, as it seems that the 8800 performance on the 100.30 drivers was really bad smile_o.gif

FAQ:

I see you have 8800GTX and Vista like me. I wonder what are your 3D settings like? I get great fps and can run very high quality graphics, but it's quite grey and unclear in a distance. Almost like fog. Makes it hard to identify.
We have seen this before and most likely it seems like a driver bug (bad SRGB conversion with a fog). It is quite likely some newer drivers will fix it. Meanwhile,you can work around the issue by changing a line in ArmA.cfg line from<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">HDRPrecision=8;

To<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">HDRPrecision=16;

In addition to that you may have to set it to "Read Only" so that the setting doesnt get reverted.. some people have had issues with it not being read only

it runs on vista, but not as good as in XP. when I sprint, it doesn't go smoothly, you get some sort of lag.

But I haven't tried the latest drivers of ati yet, so the problem might just be there, I'll get back to you in a while wink_o.gif

---

updated ATI driver

Well it runs a bit better, but still not as good as in XP, especially when with a scope or binoculars, it get's laggy, and when sprinting or running still the same problem, even with lowering settings. When you do that, it happens less though.

My advice: Keep using XP for games, as even other games don't run as smoothly on vista either.

Okay today i also installed Vista (32bit) will upgrade later to 64bit. Did not much testing Nvidia and creative drivers are stil beta...

But i have a small question how can i turn off Vsync iam using the 100.54 driver for my 8800gts but i can turn it on and off and there is no difference.

In WinXP this worked well and with Vsync off the game runned very smooth. Any help is welcome since there is no fun with Vsync turned on.

greets

But i have a small question how can i turn off Vsync iam using the 100.54 driver for my 8800gts but i can turn it on and off and there is no difference

Looking into this if I can find a solution...

BTW, I have noticed that when I disable my 2ndary display, it seems I have better gaming performance... this is on 8800GTX (New beta driver with SLI should be released today btw!wink_o.gif. Anyone else tried this?

Why would anyone want to have Vista? It's just design and show-off in order to please hardware producers.

Why would anyone want to have Vista? It's just design and show-off in order to please hardware producers.

If you plan to use DX10 Hardware in the future, see that you get a System Builder version of Vista, aslong they are available.

I payed 140€ including shipment cost`s, for my Vista Home Premium.

It would cost me ~350€ to buy the "normal" version.

@sickboy

Isn't offtopic to make advertising for the today most useless OS?

Is there any benefit for ArmA to play on Vista?

DVD - a pointless post.. and tantermount to aggravation (flame baiting), knock it off or you will get a happy meal box.

well ive just got my vista,along with some new bits for my pc ready for feb 16th smile_o.gif i ure hope it runs ok on vista, i go tthe ultimate 64 bit version for 140GBP cant really afford to buy xp, im stuck in a hotel until friday aswell so cant install my new parts sad_o.gif

Pointless post?

There is allready a topic from sickboy about Vista drivers ... and this one was moved from "general" to "offtopic".

_LINK_

You can offer me "happy whatever boxes" as much you like, but i would like to see less spam and more useful post in this offical forum, with content about e.g. how the patch status is of the german version.

This here is a official forum, and the only Developer i see is Suma from time to time.

However, do what you like...

Wont be touching Vista with a very long Barge-Pole for as long as I possibly can.

OS's in my opinion should be slicker, quicker, leaner and run games faster with each new implementation - and I dont think it's happening.

We are just given a load of extra features that we dont need, they slow our machines down and we pay for the nose for them. DX10 is the only thing I could want it for; although I am in no rush whatsoever. whistle.gif

#C

But i have a small question how can i turn off Vsync iam using the 100.54 driver for my 8800gts but i can turn it on and off and there is no difference

Looking into this if I can find a solution...

BTW, I have noticed that when I disable my 2ndary display, it seems I have better gaming performance... this is on 8800GTX (New beta driver with SLI should be released today btw!wink_o.gif. Anyone else tried this?

I hope they fix the V-sync probleme as soon as possible otherwise i will install WinXP again as long as this problem is not fixed. Also i noticed my System performs not as good as on XP in 3Dmark i got a - of 120 points. Lets see what happens when Creative and Nvidia roll out the final drivers. Okay i hope creative will release it this year biggrin_o.gif

But all in all Vista seems to be a nice System oh and it was funny as hell i talked the whole night with my PC, shame on me i didn´t filmed that rofl.gif

Lets keep this thread free from "OMG Vista is crap" comments please.

If you dont like the topic move on, and if the forum was "reserved" for topics about "the status of the patch for the German version" there would not be much in here.

On topic/

Has anyone heard/read about Vista and different copy protection systems? (as in: will Arma boxed work on Vista)

Also interested in how well Arma performes.

Even if one Arma publisher should decide to use starforce, there is no problem with Vista. There is an starforce patch for Vista available.

Arma works as good as it can, with beta drivers.

It works still good, a little slower than with Win2K.

100.91 official drivers out now on the nvidia site. Includes support for SLI.

100.91 official drivers out now on the nvidia site. Includes support for SLI.

what? where? i cant find it on nvidia.com

as far as I can see, the 100.59's are the latest, probably a typo smile_o.gif

as far as I can see, the 100.59's are the latest, probably a typo smile_o.gif

yep, for 8800, but not for 7950gx2

Okay after 20min. Coop today with 24-60 Fps i got with this message after CTD.

ErrorMessage: Cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e

Any ideas?

Greets

Okay after 20min. Coop today with 24-60 Fps i got with this message after CTD.

ErrorMessage: Cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e

Any ideas?

Greets

i have to thank nvidia. now, all problems are solved withe the latest driver 100.91.

general feedback is, fps is the same as xp but vid-setting changes are much more smoother/faster. (no time delay e.g 10 sec after texture change).

was gonna install the demo 2 day, after sorting out vista finally last nite, but 2 day it auto updated, an the updated disabled all my usb ports, including mouse, tried all i could, got help from mates on msn via laptop, nothing, im now reinstalling vista an have 2 download demo all over again, was devastaed, cost me £630 for new stuff for arma an im elayed again, cant even play demo yet lol

you are self to blame if u are stupid enough to install useless peace of crap system like vista on your pc. nener.gif

Microsoft Windows Vista is available to Consumers as of today!

You can review Latest Vista Info & Driver Links in the Offtopic Thread "Windows Vista Finally Released (Drivers too)"

Please share your Armed Assault Performance and Issues in this thread! Looking forward to your results & opinions!

I'm running 64-bit Vista with a Geforce 8800GTX, tonight I will be trying the new drivers, as it seems that the 8800 performance on the 100.30 drivers was really bad smile_o.gif

Looking to get a

Hewlett-Packard Pavilion Desktop with AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Processor 4600+

Model: a1730n

This desktop computer features Windows Vista Home Premium to help you handle your multimedia lifestyle. Lush NVIDIA GeForce graphics combine with a double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive and a 9-in-1 media reader to help you enjoy all of your favorite videos, photos and more.

Windows Vista Home Premium preloaded

Which Windows Vista edition is right for you? Compare now.

Learn more about LightScribe technology.

Maximize Windows Vista Home Premium so you can watch and record live TV! Check out a Desktop for Home Entertainment with a TV tuner built-in!

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 dual-core processor 4600+* for increased multitasking performance; improved security with Enhanced Virus Protection**; Cool'n'Quietâ„¢ Technology to minimize heat and noise

2GB PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM for multitasking power, expandable to 4GB

SuperMulti DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; supports LightScribe direct-disc labels using compatible LightScribe media

What you think as unsure about Windows Vista

it runs on vista, but not as good as in XP. when I sprint, it doesn't go smoothly, you get some sort of lag.

But I haven't tried the latest drivers of ati yet, so the problem might just be there, I'll get back to you in a while wink_o.gif

---

updated ATI driver

Well it runs a bit better, but still not as good as in XP, especially when with a scope or binoculars, it get's laggy, and when sprinting or running still the same problem, even with lowering settings. When you do that, it happens less though.

My advice: Keep using XP for games, as even other games don't run as smoothly on vista either.

Yeah if i can I want to stay with XP as it's sooo stable now. For above PC looking to get in March.