Sign in to follow this  
suma

Soldier conversion

I would really advise not touching the OFP:Elite or old OFP soldiers again. Better start with modern ArmA ones. The skeleton structures has changed a lot and it would be a nightmare to port the animations.

Note: This is somewhat related to:

Quote[/b] ]we're taking the OFPE models and textures until we get/made something better. It is not yet decided in which state we're going to launch release one beside that it has to be working wink_o.gif So there probably won't be other uniforms.

While I understand this is a good public stance, we should probably know in case of soldiers there are strong reasons against such plan.

That probably would have been the conclusion after a first soldier model convert, so we can save this work time... thanks for the hint! smile_o.gif

i would volunteer modelling partly new soldiers , with parts (arms, legs) from the ArmA Soldiers and texture them once we have the tools and a sample model.

I have well-laid plans for US infantry, including texture PSDs, how to change arma soldiers, etc. I also have to some degree an idea for east infantry.

Best thing is when you contact each other and talk about that... there are enough soldier models to do tounge2.gif

Best thing is when you contact each other and talk about that... there are enough soldier models to do tounge2.gif

I agree. The only thing I've really enjoyed working on over the last couple years are units models for OFP and VBS, so I too would like a crack at one/two of them smile_o.gif I think the VTE , DMA, Tonal, VBS BAS SFs, NGB VBS etc all turned out pretty good, so I'd love to at least help out a little bit there as well if possible if nothing more than to give input.

We should set up a list of what we need and you should try to split that work.

Eg

West, East and Res:

Officer

(Squad Leader)

Basic infantry man 1

Basic infantry man 2

Basic infantry man 3

Medic

Tank Crew

Pilot

more?

Civilian in 1985 style clothes.

Keep in mind that we have many other things to do for 3D modelers: Su25, Apache, AK47 and many many other things, first of all: statics.

I'd do the Resistance Side , if nobody else wants it badly wink_o.gif.

I thought about something like the UCK militia.

224-2.jpg

I don't know if the original camo of the resistance side was the german flecktarn , but it looks like a variation of it.

However in 1985 that camo wasn't introduced yet.

Keep in mind that we have many other things to do for 3D modelers: Su25, Apache, AK47 and many many other things, first of all: statics.

True, also it might make sense to assign tasks based on peoples skill and background. For example, someone might be really good at modeling weapons where someone like myself can really only UV and texture them. Just a thought.

True, also it might make sense to assign tasks based on peoples skill and background. For example, someone might be really good at modeling weapons where someone like myself can really only UV and texture them. Just a thought.

Hehe, sure, I'm fully aware of that. wink_o.gif

sorry, I'm a master of pointing out the obvious sometimes smile_o.gif

Maruk said we should stay with the ArmA soldier models for now... jahve made a retex a time ago, we can use (an improved version of) it.

Priority is then to get the things working we do not already have in ArmA... confused_o.gif

There is no equivalent to the resistance side in OFP.

Should i rework the model on the basis of the ArmA soldiers or just retexture the RACS soldier ?

Reworking wouldnt take more than 1-3 days i guess.

Retex it, I'll make some tests, maybe we can at least hide the helmet...

Jahve, very nice work so far on the west unit smile_o.gif

One thing though, shouldn't the "Cold War Rearmed Infantry" be renamed to "CWR Infantry"? smile_o.gif I guess everyone knows what CWR means. wink_o.gif

Even you can do that, change the cpp and rapify it to replace the config.bin

Here are some units I've been working on waiting for the tools. Some have woodland camo which is pretty good I think. All the seams are cut like they should be, some pretty decent shading, etc.

I haven't tried making CWR retexs yet as Jahve started them and I have no idea how to actually use the SVN tools yet.

Again, just something to keep busy til I get the tools. Might give some ideas for units down the road.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....E4C556F