Sign in to follow this  
tmb

OFrP modding licence application

A rumour has recently come to our attention that Operation FrenchPoint (OFrP) is affiliated to (or appointed by) the french military.

The Operation Frenchpoint team wishes to issue a statement in order to clarify the situation: OFrP is not affiliated with any private or governemental organisation.

In any case, OFrP could not be held liable for the use of misuse(if any) of what they have made freely available to download on the internet.

Contrary to the rumour, OFrP is respecting the license of use that BIS granted to each and any addon makers or gamers.

OFrP is a a team of modding enthusiasts, who eventually became friends, dedicated to the development of addons arround a common goal : simulating their country's armed forces in OFP(Operation Flashpoint) engine based games.

Thanx for your attention

OFrP Team

Well, i think its silly that OFrP put down so many hundres of hours I would guess and cant get some money from someone that is willing to pay for it... because I feel the same with the Swedish addon we made. The army wants, we would love to sell it but BIS copyright rules makes it impossible..

anyway, just take the chance to say good work no matter what rumor is going on. OFrP is intreseting for me because you like we did choose not to do a mod but you make a whole new side, new weapons, vehicles, soldiers and improve the gameplay with scripts without doing the mod thing.

Secondly, you seem to always be alittle better then us, scripting and quality on addons.. I salute you.

if Army wants they always can get some VBS2 licences and request to BIS to get some exclusive by "insert name" modder addons smile_o.gif

all sides happy then whistle.gif

Because they can have VBS which I believe is a better simulator and has way better support(IIRC) than ArmA.

why doesn't the army get your addon for free and buy loads of copy's of Flashpoint?

Don't you think that would be unfair for the people who put the work into it?

why doesn't the army get your addon for free and buy loads of copy's of Flashpoint?

Copyright and intellectual property.