Sign in to follow this  
Paco454

Trade-in Czech version for english version?

SiSi, you should of just waited for the english version to come out. Me thinks BIS would'nt do that.

Causing yourself a problem and demanding a courtesy call from some corperations to solve it because you contributed 40 euros is outlandish and totally rude. You got what you paid for. Quit trying to take this high and mighty ground and accept, please, that the world does not work that way and you hold solely the accountability for your choices. The whole audacity of this request is raising my hackles, and then to come off as if you are pointing out some kind of flaw that someone owes you to fix is totally insane! I cannot express strongly enough this sentiment without using words or rhetoric that clearly hurt your feelings or upset the very strong sense of entitlement you have going on there. I simply cannot believe that this thread has lasted this long.

Useless dribble once again and off topic.

PACO454

You keep mentioning that this conversion is going to happen with or without BIS's help, then why are you seeking their help? You've purchased a game not intended for your region, and thus you live with that consequence - asking BIS and its respective publishers to fix a problem you've created is rather unusual to say the least - brave is another term I'd use biggrin_o.gif

you're probably right that it'll be 'fixed' by the community, but considering it was the community who 'broke' it, then that seems fair. If MP games are incompatible because of it, then it really does seem like Karma to me (or a deluded form of it. I dont quite think karma is the correct term, but its the idea im trying to convey)

at any rate, the differences between the two versions will be language audio files and stringtables, no? Considering, and assuming, you own a legitimate Czech copy, then you've bought the right to own the game... no? Hence would it not be comletely above board to find a member with the english copy and ask for the relevant pbo files? I dont see anything illegal in that action since, except for a different language, you're not gaining any content the english copy has extra. If i were to send you the ofp chinook pbo and you owned the legitimate game, then you have gained nothing from that action... i guess its a simliar idea here? I'm clearly no expert on EULA law etc so i wouldnt take anything i said as gospel

I'd say that it would be a tricky one to argue either way, you've caused yourself a problem, so you've only really got your own two feet to stand on when it comes to solving it... and this is probably bordering along the lines of warez chat in some way or another, so I'll be leaving this conversation for sake of not wanting to incure the wrath of the moderators.

"You keep mentioning that this conversion is going to happen with or without BIS's help, then why are you seeking their help? "

Personally I couldn't care less. I'll convert it like everybody else. I was just looking to see if a unifed way to address the issue could be made, to make the process a little easier.

PACO454

Too bad we can't Trade in Paco454 for someone thats not a moron.

Childish and immature even for you Sniper Skull.

PACO454

PACO454

You don't know me that well do you?

Sniper~Skull2007

PACO454

Sniper~Skull2007

No but I do rofl.gif

PACO454

Sniper~Skull2007

He will never know you as good as I know you wink_o.gifinlove.gif .

PACO454

Sniper~Skull2007

He will never know you as good as I know you wink_o.gifinlove.gif .

How are you gentlemen?

Come on guys, let's stay on topic here. If you'll remember, we were discussing something deemed as being totally illogical from a level-headed standpoint. That being said, I can further summarize and simplify this thread for those who have just joined us by saying that so far 75% of those who have replied thus far agree that what was being proposed in the topic is complete rubbish, 20% have made love to Sniper_Skull at least twice, and 5% are the thread's poster.

Kind regards,

blizzledizzle

@Sniper

"Your ignorant, selfish and a victim of your own missing ability not to be able to take critizim"

welcome.gif

Ontopic: You cant expect reasonable and sensible responses to topic thats got no chance to start with. goodnight.gif

Well all the other cool kids were posting, I thought I should join in on the fun.

Paco, you will NEVER get your wish granted.  English is too strong for the common man unfortunately.   yay.gif

And CT, USA > Canada.

Where's me sharp pokey stick when ah needs it for a good n00bling skewering fest?

The fact that this thread exists in the first place, and secondly with willful intent expecting BIS to bail out an impatient little what ever the rules say I can't call you, shows just how low the community has fallen.

Bring on a delightful old BAS style flammage thread, where at least the arguements were neither silly nor unproductive.

Bring on a delightful old BAS style flammage thread, where at least the arguements were neither silly nor unproductive.

Don't get me started on how BAS stopped making me addons for OFP to go make money off VBS1. mad_o.gif

Agreed SS. They abandoned us. Especially DeadMeatXM2. He abandoned us like 4x the rest of them.

Useless dribble once again and off topic.

PACO454

Let me break it down for you, Paco, you little scamp.

Quote[/b] ]

When the english version comes out, is it possible for BIS to provide to the community an option for those who want the english version to trade in their Czech/German version for an English version?

Here you suggest trading one version in for another on BIS's dime.

Quote[/b] ]

Suggestions:

A coupon to downlaod the english version as a trade in....

Here you beg BIS for money to buy you, at least in part, a new version of the game.

Quote[/b] ]

What do you guys and gals think? BIS what is you opinion on this? Can we work something out?

And here you ask my opinion. You also opened the thread as an open discussion.

Nice.

Anyways, obviously you're not open to the prospect that there are aspects of your post that are somewhat... shall we say... open to harsh criticism. I am not the only one who feels this way... in fact, is there someone here that agrees with you? Maybe one? I can't recall. How many people don't agree with you? Could this be because your reasoning is completely flawed and you're viewing this issue from a standpoint of subjectivity and ignorance of what you are actually proposing? I don't think it is I that am short on understanding here, between you and I. I understand that you want a patch to unify the versions. BIS may do this, but they are not responsible for the changes that the different publishers make wink_o.gif In fact, it wouldn't even be up to them! Would the publishers like it so that it doesn't matter who you buy it from, you get the same thing in the end? Would the game still function if you tried to unify the code that is intertwined with starforce on one side, securerom on another, and who knows what else on a third? Are they even being paid to support the copy protections and localizations that the publishers adopt? These are all aspects to what you are suggesting... however, this is not what I'm reacting to. It is what I quoted that I have commented on, as I was REQUESTED to do by you. It is most certainly NOT off topic to criticize your ideas as you present them in this thread.

Regards,

Plaintiff1

Sniper Skull & plaintiff1, you get +1WL and 48h PR for your abusive behaviour.

Also, sarcasm can be a good thing, but not in the manner many of you are (ab)using it.

And since this suggestion is not very likely to happen, I will close this topic. If BIS decides to do something like this, topic will be opened again.