Sign in to follow this  
HeXa

Boat crash Bug ?

Hi all !

i noticed that a lot of players of my team can't play on missions that have boats, it seems that the presence of boat or anything in relation make them crash...

Last try on my mission, 4 on 5 players crashed at the begining, and its the same on other missions...

Any clue ? someone got this problem ?

We are aware of the problem, we are able to reproduce it, but the cause does not seem to be straightforward (the crash even does not seem to be directly related to boats and can probably happen with other vehicles as well in multiplayer, but there is probably something in boats which is triggering it quite often).

Still, we hope we will fix it in the next patch.

We are multiple people who experience crashing when initial spawning is near water in MP.

These crashes are normally fixed if spawning point is moved into land.

Just another to confirm the use of any boats in any co-op missions are causing crashes for the connecting clients (even with 1.02). This can be triggered by players entering boats, or an entire AI squad entering a boat. When hosting for multiple friends I wasn't sure if i was seeing a pattern whereby the last connecting player was the person to be dumped when a boat was triggered. However I cannot confirm this, but maybe worth investigating.

Whilst on the subject of boats, editing my own mission has also highlighted the poor disembarking skills of the AI from boats to land (act like dimwits, tread water for ages and eventually lose their weapon, then eventually saunter out to their waypoint unarmed) which I know has been highlighted but I also hope will be steadily improved upon.

Another glitch Im not sure has been reported or confirmed yet is the AI refuses to drive the boats at "Full" speed for me despite varying awareness modes and so forth in the editor.

These 3 factors combined make for one annoying experience making a co-op mission based around a boat raid! biggrin_o.gif Keep up the good work and look forward to the next patch (cross fingers crash free  confused_o.gif )

Any progress with this bug? It's really limiting that boats can't be used in MP.

Any progress with this bug?  It's really limiting that boats can't be used in MP.

I think the patch will be released after the release of the english version wink_o.gif

So approx end feb.

We are multiple people who experience crashing when initial spawning is near water in MP.

These crashes are normally fixed if spawning point is moved into land.

I concur. Is the problem not more related to the water?

The crash opportunity was identified and fixed. It is directly related to a transfer of the boat state across the network. The fix will be available in the nearest patch.

@ Suma, any news on the CTD issues in multiplayer with ArmA 1.02 Cz Sprocket version? Have you been able to reproduce it (and hopefully fixed it) as well?

/KC

The only crash-dumps from the Sprocket version we received so far are the boat crashes discussed in this topic. If anyone thinks he has a different crash, feel free to send it for analysis.

Thanks for your swift reply Suma!

2007-01-19 I sent my crash files (generated without boats in missions) to Martin at IDEA Games. He specificly asked for them and said he should forward them to correct person (you?). Others people in our co-op group (all with the Sprocket version and all with the same MP "CTD syndrome") also sent their crash files to IDEA Games.

If you want I can resend my files + info if you give me a specific e-mail address...

/KC

Suma thankyou for your update and for including a little info on what the cause was. It's much appreciated.

People like me are curious about these things smile_o.gif

Thanks for the pointer hoz!

Actually thats where I sent bug reports in the past... I checked my e-mail log and my first was sent 2007-01-04 to both 'support@bistudio.com' and 'arma@idea-games.com'. Then resent directly to Martin @ IDEA at 2007-01-19.

Anyway I just resent the crash files along with the information I collected so far to the same address and hope it makes it way to the correct person/persons this time!

/KC

The crash opportunity was identified and fixed. It is directly related to a transfer of the boat state across the network. The fix will be available in the nearest patch.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif awesome Suma...

Just ... hold ... on ... a few... days... longer... smile_o.gif

I'm gonna go offtopic a bit and say, this is support people, devs that actually post on forums, and I'm glad BIS is taking this approach, it is more than most other devs do.

... and I'm glad BIS is taking this approach, it is more than most other devs do.

Yep, your right

thumbs-up.gif