Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

OFP:BHD MOD

and if the map will lag as hell (I think not anyway) I'll use the notl 1 named property for all the models.

Never heard of that one before...or maybe i forgot about it. is it for OFP or vbs or arma ?

what does it do ?

about the 15.000 lod with no model in it

i noticed people did that for the first time when trying the FFUR mod. To be honest i dont really see the use for it.

basically if your model is too far to be rendered, OFP will not render it at all if its in the distant "foggy zone" so having an empty lod is quite redundant.

also when you have a lot of objects, in the same area, some of them tend to switch to the lowest lod even though they're not that far. that greatly depend on your own personal settings but remember the people who will play your mod are unlikely to have the same settings as you when you develop the objects and testing them. Which can be quite annoying if your lowest lod is empty. It might work nicely when you test it on your computer, but for example with FFUR because some russian armored vehicle switch to the last lod that was empty it was close enough to shoot at me but too far to be seen... so i had to start again with different graphic settings

instead your last lod should be very simple but still with something in it so OFP only can decided to render it or not, and when things becomes laggy at short range it will switch to that one rather than empty lod which wont have a huge impact on performances anyway.

well its just my opinion

cheers

Fab

qestion for linker

do you have model of target bulding

qestion for linker

do you have model of target bulding

yes, we have it wink_o.gif

this units will use Facetex2 or BIS orginal Head?.

We are still deciding...but we think the original BIS one for now... then we would convert them to Facetex2 smile_o.gif

Never heard of that one before...or maybe i forgot about it. is it for OFP or vbs or arma ?

what does it do ?

It's an OFP-VBS named property... it has to be inserted in a generic LOD and when the LOD (with the command) is called by the engine, it switches to the last one with a model in it (so empty LODS are not rendered as last LOD called by the notl command) wink_o.gif

basically if your model is too far to be rendered, OFP will not render it at all if its in the distant "foggy zone" so having an empty lod is quite redundant

Well, I used this method in my High Definition tropic Island... I left the last LOD, 20.000, empty. I noticed that even if with lotta details to load, the engine renedered also at great distances... so I decided to change it from 20.000 to 12.000...

It made the difference, cause with a dense jungle, you can't see more than 300 metres... so while 20.000 was to much, 12.000 fitted perfectly! at a certain distance, the engine loaded the last LOD (empty), nobody wasn't able to understand that, and everything was running smoother than before...

Now let's do it for a dense city like Mogadishu... with only 3000 polys for every 25x25m (or 4500 as max I think) and the last LOD without anything, the engine will render it, and the man who plays in the map will never understand that 30-40 metres from him there's nothing (while the model is there, but with the last LOD)

Anyway, I'll add at least one cube or two at the last LOD, to see the effects... wink_o.gif

thanks for your tips Fab!

Linker Split

this units will use Facetex2 or BIS orginal Head?.

i think better will be BIS faces they doing smaller lags smile_o.gif

Hello everyone!

I have to announce that we have recieved models and textures from the chechz BHD mod, they are not using them anymore and they dont think to finish them, so we have asked if we could finish theyre addons and add them to our mod. This makes our job much easyer becouse there are already some decent weapon models, a truck with hummer, some soldiers and even a blackhawk and ofcourse the main building but it lacks textures. We thank them for theyre support!

New members!

New members have joined us! A former BHD mod team have joined us to continue theyre work with us and make this mod much greater and release it as fastest as we can. Lets welcome them!

Stryker: Modellmaker(1th), Mission Builder

Streuner : Missionmaker

Mav :Conficoptimator

SOS Srey : Missionmaker, Soundmaker, Modellmaker(2th)

Great, great, great. Proud for mod team notworthy.gif I writing to Linker Split. I wanna be a Mission Maker or Beta Tester.

how is going work at blackhawt with 2 miniguns ? smile_o.gif

great job

notworthy.gif

Two independent gunners on a chopper isn't possible in ofp, game limitations.

I think it is possible, but just a pain in the ass to get working and is probably not MP friendly.

Quote[/b] ]I think it is possible, but just a pain in the ass to get working and is probably not MP friendly.

It probaly would be possible but i think it would be a big memory hog, require lots of scripting, wouldnt work in MP or would it be very good.

Anyay the mod is sounding pretty good, shall be on my download list.

well, I'm still not using all my brain for the script, but now for making the city... anyway, I'm planning a script for making 2 MG from a black Hawk, for AI... but i'm still creating the city...

the problem is reducing the lag with that script... trying to limit the use of LOOPS...

tounge2.gif

Linker Split

Im planning on making a BHD Campaign (or mission... but alot changes in BHD so i don't think one mission will cover without 100's of units) using a compilation of addons sutch as maybe BAS Delta's, BAS choppers (LB's and BH's), CBT woodland hmmwv's and addons to represents Somalian civilians and combantants and a technial.

This will not use the BHD mod but will use the map (When it's released)

If anyone knows of good addons for the technial (truck with machinegun) and weather it's BAS or LSR that does the 1993-style Delta's and rangers, PM me or post here (if allowed).

Also if you know how to contact the makers and creators (I will have to modify their config's and maybe other things) to  ask about modifying and distributing in a pack, please tell me.

The missions will be crap, but it will be based on a series of multiplayer (hopfully) missions and good mission makers may edit to add better features and mission design, if they send them back to me I'll replace the old ones with them in an update.

If any mission makers or people who can help edit the config's of the addons to have more desirable features.

I would like to maybe turn this into a full mod with replacment animations (DMA ones :drool: ) and tracers (B880's or that other one in FFUR...?) and effects, so if you want to help, help!

Like FFUR but not a unit replacment... Just a full compilation and minor replacment (animations and tracers and FX, as i said) so we can finaly get our thumbs blown off and run back for our M16's. Anyway, its late... goodnight.gif (After I finish watching BHD again).

news from bufferin.

I'm busy on real life now.

So I didnt have enough time to make addon.

That's why I didnt post any news and screenshot.

I got file of CZ BHD team.

and my soldier model is updated.

bhdmod10cr5.th.jpg

I know, this is not good screenshot.

but better than nothing.

updated is only on the model.never mind about texture.

and this is still WIP.

Weapon(without M14) and helicopter is from CZ BHD.

delta force sniper team model is almost complete.

(wearing LC-2 or TLBV and chestrig)

now I'm working on assault team.

(wearing BHI urban assault best)

maybe I'll make PJ for CSAR team.

(add backpack and some equipment to assault team model)

I dont decide about  CCT and SEALS yet.

I want make but I dont have enough infomation.

...and they did not appear in movie.

about Ranger,I'll make more equipment.

So as you can see, model is not complete.

and I didnt make texture for it yet.

I heared someone making texture for my model.

So dont warry about texture.

It will more improve....I think.

not good wepon at sniper the aim'point was in center

real good work notworthy.gif

and who worked at that black hawk ??

I know about M14.

but I dont have time to make weapon now.

black hawk? It's from CZ BHDteam.

but I dont know BHD MOD use this black hawk.

May be use BAS birds.

BAS birds is very very gooood

but i want only check this heli :P

you talkig about ranger helmet model?

dont worry about it.

Kenwort decided to use HYK US infantry.

so my infantry model will not be used.

congratulation olemissrebel.

now,you have no need to say sarcasm to WIP models.

this thing will make both you and I happy.

Hi all!!

I finished to retexture the Black Hawk and the HMMWV!

here are new screens:

blackhawkfs0.th.jpg

hummerkp8.th.jpg

hummerdestqa6.th.jpg

there are new scripts for the HMMWVs...

like when damaged, there's smoke and then fire on the engine... and when destroyed, the model is replaced by the destroyed one...

wink_o.gif

Stay tuned, more to come!! biggrin_o.gif

Linker Split

is black hawk from BAS with all scripts np fast rope itp or something else ??

that Black Hawk is ours... we will not use BAS blackHawks, cause we got it wink_o.gif

for the scripts, I'll ask them to use their scripts...

all the other ones will be made by me tounge2.gif

BH, Hummer, weapons and some other things are made by PythonArt Studio member - Geo. Its work from our stopped BHD mod.

BH, Hummer, weapons and some other things are made by PythonArt Studio member - Geo. Its work from our stopped BHD mod.

of course, you misunderstood me...

the community knows that wink_o.gif