Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

OFP:BHD MOD

bhdlogo.jpg

I want to infrom you that a new mod has born, yes there have been many addons, mods.. etc about BHD but they dont have the quality. So now me (Kenwort) and Linker Split have started the mod about BHD and we will finish it! i promise you that!

So about the mod:

Operation Flashpoint - Black Hawk Down (OFP:BHD) lets you experience missions similar to those encountered on DF:BHD game and the movie BHD.

* Mogadishu map already under construction

* Fight through various compelling missions, each with multiple objectives

* Engage in urban Close Quarter Battles and long-range sniper fire

* Fire heavy weapons mounted in Black Hawk helicopters and on Military Vehicles

* Exclusive combat tactics and scenarios.

* Varios SP missions and some MP missions.

* New units, vehicles, objects, weapons and lot more

* New textures, plenty of new houses.

* New GUI menu

* Lots of new scripts and varios effects

* New music pack

We need modelers, who could help Linker Split create house models.

* <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Modeler</span></span>

The team:

* Kenwort - Team leader, sounds, music.

* Linker Split - 2nd leader, Island creator, scripts, models.

* Thunderbird84 - Main confing, GUI, scripts, effects

* Rellikki - Textures, configs, scripts

* Zinchux - Artist, website designer, GUI design.

* Bufferin - Delta/Ranger creator

* Sekuristi - Mission Maker

* BoweryBaker - Mission Maker

* Streuner - Mission Maker

* SOS Srey - Missionmaker, Soundmaker, Modellmaker

* Zerg63 - Truck creator

* Stryker - Weapon creator, Mission Maker

* Reddragon - Animation maker

* SeanTate - Beta tester/Audio

* Synapse - Beta tester

* Mav - Configs

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Contact:

Forums:BHDMOD/FORUM

MSN: Kenwort - kenwort@inbox.lv

Linker Split - luka_17@hotmail.it</span>

and Linker Split have started the mod about BHD and we will finish it! i promise you that!

Anything with this lad behind it is sure to be of first rate quality. Best of luck, look forward to it.

Uhm, Now I know 2 BHD MODs biggrin_o.gif

Are there more mods like this?

BTW:Maybe I could be an betatester, but Ehm....Iam betatester of Linker Split, WW2CZ... crazy_o.gif

chris330, i hope that the lad is only to say guy...Im a boy... and thanks! tounge2.gif

Salvatore_lee, my old BHD MOD is dead... this will be anoter one, more realistic, since now I can create better models than the past...

Since i'm the map-modelmap maker, I'm planning to create houses, destroyed houses and other models, like destroyed cars, barrels... who want to join us?

I need help guys... smile_o.gif

Linker Split

All i have, i make pouches Rope, if you like to use it, PM me tounge2.gif .

What kind model do you need?

helicopter? weapon? car? human?

May be I can help you with model.

eh, ok guys, so tell me now what info you need, maybe i can through some bone for you...  wink_o.gif

For now I need help in creating city models, so buildings... cause I can create them, but I need lotta models... smile_o.gif and a texturer.

Feel free do add me to your MSN!

Linker Split

Sounds cool...i wish the Team fun and good luck to finish this Project. smile_o.gif

Imutep

Hey dudes.. im not home right now so dont wait any response from me!

Bufferin i guess we could use some somali insurgent addon or maybe there are already some addons like that made.

Hey Gedis maybe we could use some infro about the missions that actually happend durring the Somali war.

Imutep thanks for the kind words. smile_o.gif

I recommend buying the book "Blackhawk Down" especially for those who will be making missions for this mod as well as for those who will be making maps. The book contains good maps of the layout of Mogadishu and where all the events take place. THere was one good Somalia map released a long time ago with a stadium and everything. Unfortunately it suffered from very bad frame rates. The map will be the most difficult thing to make. My advice is not to go crazy with polys and tons of enterable buildings. Also to keep the object count down you can always make groups of buildings or vegitation os one object.

For mission makers my advice is to use respawn scripts to keep the number of units down low.

I actually made the first BHD mission a looooooooong time ago back when the first desert maps were being made. I believe I used the desert Malden map.

If you mod wants to start from scratch, then you guys will take a long time to finish it. However if you want to use exhisting addons to create the mod, then everything needed has already been made for OFP. The only exception is a good Mogadishu map that doesn't lag badly.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey Gedis maybe we could use some infro about the missions that actually happend durring the Somali war.

hm, at least i can get documental movie: "the true story of blackhawk down" because once i already did and uploaded to video.google.com.

let's check for that movie, maybe it's still there...

EDIT

It's still there, but not my upload:

The True Story of Black Hawk Down

Oh, i remembered, that i uploaded it once to www.yousendit.com and gave link in some BI forum thread, not to video google.

some satellite photos operation of Irene areas

P.S. i'll try to search down any info about US forces in somali

THere was one good Somalia map released a long time ago with a stadium and everything. Unfortunately it suffered from very bad frame rates. The map will be the most difficult thing to make. My advice is not to go crazy with polys and tons of enterable buildings. Also to keep the object count down you can always make groups of buildings or vegitation os one object.

There is a very old map made by Sgt. Gunnery Highway. The layout is excellent, terraforming is quite good as well and is based of a real DEM IIRC. If I were you guys I would base my map off that.

You can find it here.

Hmm, sgt Gunnery Highway link doesn't seem to work. Off the grid I guess. confused_o.gif

Had the map already but reinstalled OFP a while back so now I don't have it no more. sad_o.gif

I really liked the map cause it's NOT full of buildings(I find OFP with AI unplayable with city maps anyway).

goodnight.gif

GL with this mod I supose. Think you can get a lot of stuff already out here though hehe. whistle.gif

I tweaked the BHD-LeaveNoOne The Final by hijacker objects so that they aren't causing so much slowdowns, I'm quite satisfied with it.

This is the changelog of what I did

--- fixes

- removed the music, please!

- tweaked bhdr\config.cpp file.

- tweaked BHD_Houses\config.cpp file.

- renamed island icon image.

- moved the bhdr\BHDhouse10.p3d into BHD_Houses/ dir.

- moved asfaltka200.p2d / paa into BHD_Houses/ dir.

- removed bhdr\house.paa unused texture.

- removed bhdr\tt.paa unused ground texture.

- removed bhdr\BHD_SG*.paa unused ground textures.

- removed bhdr\bhdrf1.paa and moved bhdrf2.paa into BHD_Houses/ dir.

- replaced low resolution bhdr/ textures with resistance o/ textures.

- leveled ocean floor to set -3m height.

- renamed <filename>..paa style filenames to <filename>.paa like they should be.

- resized the 3 resolution LODs to 0.0, 1.0 and 2.0 in the models they were present.

- removed the hotel.p3d from island, come on 9800 faces and only one LOD, hehe!

- added res LODs for many buildings.

I never went to re-release anything, I sended email and private message to hijacker but hes gone by now.

Hi guys!

I would announce that we have now a new model maker, and a new mission maker!

Model maker: Bufferin

----

Mission & Campaign maker: Sekuristi

Glad to have you 2 guys in! wink_o.gif

Anyway, I worked on 2 houses fo now...

forkenwort17as.jpg

----

forkenwort23jn.jpg

----

Ok, my purpose was not to create houses like the game... so I abandoned the DF:BHD textures, and i took them from the real life... smile_o.gif

Stay tuned, more to come!

P.S.

New screens will come, don't worry!

Linker Split & the OFP:BHD MOD team tounge2.gif

THere was one good Somalia map released a long time ago with a stadium and everything.  Unfortunately it suffered from very bad frame rates.  The map will be the most difficult thing to make.  My advice is not to go crazy with polys and tons of enterable buildings.  Also to keep the object count down you can always make groups of buildings or vegitation os one object.  

For mission makers my advice is to use respawn scripts to keep the number of units down low.  

I actually made the first BHD mission a looooooooong time ago back when the first desert maps were being made.  I believe I used the desert Malden map.

If you mod wants to start from scratch, then you guys will take a long time to finish it.  However if you want to use exhisting addons to create the mod, then everything needed has already been made for OFP.  The only exception is a good Mogadishu map that doesn't lag badly.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

lol Miles Teg, i waqs the creator of that crappy laggy map... i know that it lagged a lot, cause I wasn't a good model maker... now I know how to proceed 8 as you said, keep the poly count low) wink_o.gif

For the missions, you are right, i tested the respawn idea in my Ia Drang map for the NVA soldiers, and it works good! I even make them disappear after 60 seconds they get shot! tounge2.gif

eh, bad news from me...

stuff for BHD mod is downloading really slow, so now i only have pdfs: "Somalia Operations - Lessons Learned [125 pages]" and "Us Air Command And Staff College - Critical Analysis On The Defeat Of Task Force Ranger (Somalia, Mogadishu) [46 pages]" confused_o.gifsad_o.gif