Sign in to follow this  
celery

CTF Hexenkessel

I'm proud to announce on Frantic.bay's and my behalf that we have brought the one and only real and working CTF Hexenkessel into Armed Assault! The map (object placement) itself is like in [AGSF] Solly's version in OFP. 40 players are currently supported and there are lots of weapons to choose from in the mission settings, so G36 is not compulsory anymore!

Here are some screens of an older-than-current version, but it's virtually the same.

arma_hexen1t.jpg

arma_hexen2t.jpg

arma_hexen3t.jpg

The original announcement can be found beyond this link (leads to another forum) along with a download link. Constructive comments and critique are highly appreciated, as long as it's not along the lines of "oh no hexen!" because we already know it doesn't suit some players.

Download link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=638

Big thanks to Big for hosting the mission! rofl.gif

Happy hexing! nener.gif

-[MCY] Celery, OnlineWarfare

jo, i placed the objects exactly how the old Hexen on OFP was.

I even dont like Hexen very much, but now i got a nice working CTF script, which i havent got before making Hexen.

So im looking forward to see many new maps made with the CTF script inside this Hexen version.

And i wish all peeps a lot of fun playing Hexen.

Now we just have to wait for the next patch, hopefully they will include it that we can see the map names on the multiplayer screen, so we know which maps are played on the server! biggrin_o.gif

There have been quite many downloads already. Anyone here want to share their opinion on the map? I especially want to read improvement suggestions. There have been full 20v20 games and it's pretty chaotic, should we increase the number of slots to enable more players or keep it like it is now?

The next version will at least have a menu option for a nade launcher M4 with one grenade to clear out those campy places.

Not usually a CTF player but wanted a quick game last night and got onto a server that had this map on it. Had good fun with it until i got into a situation where I was respawing at the approxiame location of my death spot each time and then being slotted before having any chance to take any sort of cover which ruined it a bit for me. Sorry I dont remember which server it was or if it was running the most up to date version of this map but I wondered if this was supposed to happen on this map?

no that shouldnt happen.

can u look into your MPmissionscache folder to tell us which version you played?..would be really nice, so we can look after that bug.

it was ctf_40_ow_hexenkessel_v1-06.sara

edit - played again tonight, dont know if it was the same server. No problems this time round

roger that...

1.06 is the newest version and you were the first one who had that spawn bug.

Hope it wont happen again, cause im using this CTF script for all my other maps too. smile_o.gif

I think it's possible to fix it with a distance check from the base at respawn, piece of cake. wink_o.gif

I absolutely love HexenKessel, it's a shame that the people who play it on the all seeing eye are arseholes with cliques banghead.gif

Great stuff yay.gif

A true classic. This was the favorite CTF map in OFP's hayday.

I used to pwn so hardcore at this map it was insane!!!

Btw is there still that glitch where you can walk across the buildings and glitch into the enemy spawn causing mass panic?

hehe I used to do that.

You can't clip in Hexen anymore, but in the grenade version by JgBtl (based on our Hexen beta 4) the buildings eventually crumble and you can go outside the game zone and enter inside ruined buildings. We just have to list all objects under damage protection before adding the option for grenades. ETA for new version is after I finish a tournament map for OnlineWarfare (1-2 weeks).

I'm proud to announce on Frantic.bay's and my behalf that we have brought the one and only real and working CTF Hexenkessel into Armed Assault!

Oh noes! wink_o.gif

Why do you put this s.hitty map into ArmA? Along with this kind of game we are losing potential which this game is bringing ...

No comment - ArmA ends previous to starts ... confused_o.gif

@Blackjabel

if u would have the time to read the full first post, you would have found out that it wasnt my intention to build this shitty hexenkessel for ArmA, it was just cause of the 10pound payment i got for it! wink_o.gif

and about which potential do u talk?

the objects number hasnt increased very much, only the player number...so we still have the same sized maps with just 3times more players on it confused_o.gif

Bah. I dont beleive that can be someone that crazy or stupid to pay for map, which is absolutely poor and absolutely missing the correct game. Seems like this doesnt fit to anything, but why that "person" which will give u money, dont play css or something like that? He will save money and we wont have stupid map. But i dont trust that, so its just increasing your dustiness.

Yep, I agree! I absolutely Hate this kind of maps in ArmA! Its not what was ArmA created for.

And I dont understand why people keep making / playing these maps, if they have here games made for it (for example Counter-Strike) ... icon_rolleyes.gif

Yep, I agree! I absolutely Hate this kind of maps in ArmA! Its not what was ArmA created for.

And I dont understand why people keep making / playing these maps, if they have here games made for it (for example Counter-Strike) ... icon_rolleyes.gif

THESE MAPS ARE MADE... To keep the noobs and kiddies out of our serious coops rofl.gif

That's the way, listen to the wise Matt! notworthy.gif

Stop slandering our creation without constructive criticism or else! The only fault reported so far has been the respawn at own body bug, otherwise it's spiteful comments from coop players this map wasn't made for anyway. tounge2.gif

Besides, 40 players in one game of Hexen can't be wrong, shitty maps rule.

lol your a funny guy!

CS and CSS is the most popular and most played game out there in the internet.

I would really like to have CTF in CSS, cause there are no bugs and coop players at all.

BTW: plz stop writing strange posts here, we are not going into the coop map threads and tell you coop players to stop making coop maps or?

I wanna see only bug reports here now.

Ye f**k you Matt you T**t leave the CTF players and c*h players to there games and they'll leave you to yours.At then end of the day the game is modded to what people like to play not just CO-OPs

U want constructive critic, but how can we make it for map, which is only joke? U have to have normal map to expect serious critic.

@ Frantic: Only strange post here is yours and Celery´s. I´m playing CSS and i really like it. But ur combining differences between this game and ArmA. And that cant be good. Go and play css, thats best thing i can recommend to u.