Sign in to follow this  
GrimErazer

Lapland war 1944 - 1945

Yes I am too, I am afraid that a lot of OFP projects are going down, I hope you keep working on this.

And word is that in few days (or weeks) there will also be few extra planes in the mod... wink_o.gif

At this early stage I'd wish no one will yet take this as a complete promise, but more like an effort to achieve among all the other work the team is under process.

Still, yes - we really hope to be able to provide the OFP-crowd something new for the F.A.F. aviation stock...! So, we'll hopefully come back to this later, when things have become a little clearer. wink_o.gif

No promises = no disappointments.

Ps. Not a "mod" but a large Lapland war based missions, island and campaign project...!

tounge2.gif

Will be interesting to see how you will manage to knit the FDF and Inv44 mods together without causing errors, considering both have their own configs, and I can't speak for FDF mod, but Inv44's config consists of one file that calls up all the respective configclasses and objectclasses, which is hard to seperate (I did some editing of the config for personal use, so I have some experience with it).

Will be interesting to see how you will manage to knit the FDF and Inv44 mods together without causing errors, considering both have their own configs, and I can't speak for FDF mod, but Inv44's config consists of one file that calls up all the respective configclasses and objectclasses, which is hard to seperate (I did some editing of the config for personal use, so I have some experience with it).

We are quite familiar with this "feature". wink_o.gif

We'll just have to manage those things, and then perhaps turn still after you guys for help...! tounge2.gif

After all, we know this it is not going to be a piece of cake to do.

So far the v1.2 has been our primary version we've used, because of this hmm... feature! smile_o.gif

"There are no blockages, only restrainers...!"

- We love to banghead.gif !!

Nice work...the Lappland Island looks great. Keep up your good looking work thumbs-up.gif

Hello GrimErazer, tell us how many percent of this project you`ve already achieved ?

you guys are working fast smile_o.gif

Well, that may be really a little warped impression too, but yes - we are working uniterruptedly with such speed our so small team can perform... We have been working with this theme already for quite a while, but only about for last couple of months we've given more some information about our work (which I unfortunately wouldn't like to reveal completely just yet).

In brief:

We want to proceed determined and with hunger, but I need to say that a long "forced march" is yet to go until all planned goals are complete, a phase by phase...! wink_o.gif

Hello GrimErazer, tell us how many percent of this project you`ve already achieved ?

If you don't get offended, I wouldn't like to give any exact percentages about the progress from the "complete".

There are several reasons for this, for example that there actually are multiple goals of releasing in our project.

These goals includes:

- Lapland autumn island

- some minor object re-editing & re-texturing

- a mini campaign in Suursaari, as an introducing prologue to the full story

- campaign about the Finnish vs German battle in Tornio

- an assortment of different single- and MP-missions in our Lapland island

In the unknown future we intend to proceed with our project for ArmA after the FDF mod - without forgetting the releasing of those awaited ArmA editing tools first.

Also a winter version of our island is in the future plans list.

So, it really is difficult to give any estimation for the release of our "full work", for there will be several releases to come.

The first phase is aimed to be releasable in spring 07, which includes the Suursaari mini-campaign, some individual missions, and - hopefully - a beta version of our island.

I still hope the community doesn't now take this as a precise promise under oath. We are such a small team - and yes, there also is actually life outside of OFP editing, really! wink_o.gif

We like to proceed with patience, determination and by heart with our project.

inlove.gif

Thank you!

- GE

bf109_fin10.jpg

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Some fresh texturing news:

Finnish air force Messerschmitt Bf-109 G-2</span>

Trenchfeet, the author of the original AiA Messerschmitt Bf-109, has showed green light for Lapland war team on re-texturing his AiA Me Bf-109 into Finnish air force Me Bf-109 G-2 war time outfit.

The first tryout of this is seen above.

8)

Oh come on, you could've at least converted a mission worth playing such as Ambush. Or hell, even Steal the Car smile_o.gif Nobody's gonna download a ton of addons to play silly deathmatch against AI.

Nobody's gonna download a ton of addons to play silly deathmatch against AI.

Read again: It is a multiplayer mission, so no need to fight with the AI. smile_o.gif

Secondly: those required installations are to be needed in most of the the futurecoming FDFmod & Inv44 missions released by the Lapland war 1944 - 1945 project.

Too bad, if you don't have any interest in the MP-missions... for we consider that's the best thing in playing the OFP & ArmA.

...I guess an 'advanced member' should know that! wink_o.gif

Yea I get it's a MP mission but who are you going to persuade installing all that stuff just to play DM with. A coop, maybe, a DM, no effin way.

And large post count doesn't actually guarantee you'd be that much more advanced than a monkey which can consistently hit the keys on a keyboard without breaking it.

And large post count doesn't actually guarantee you'd be that much more advanced than a monkey which can consistently hit the keys on a keyboard without breaking it.

rofl.gifrofl.gif

...I meant you by the definition of 'advanced member', as it reads in your avatar text - so that's perhaps quite true for that monkey-comparison of yours...! whistle.gif

Not interested in our stuff? Well, in that case there are lots of other projects to view...

No need to come & let off aggressions or frustrations by assaulting us.

- We simply wish a happier life for you! smile_o.gif

(...and I hope this to be the end of this empty argument.)

I know you meant me and I was talking about myself too. I didn't mean to sound aggressive or insulting but you have my apologies if I did. I was just criticising the strange choice of mission type which I see pretty much as waste of mission making time. I guess it could be useful for a little MP testing of the two mods together though.

And for the record, I am indeed intrested in the project, why else would I even read the thread let alone post in it.

- deleted -

A Lapland war single mission conversion pack is soon to be available.

<span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>WANTED: German voice actors</span>

- deleted -

- Thanks! wink_o.gif

I wonder how`s this project going on? Is it still alive ?