Sign in to follow this  
remcen

IM:UC Release

Wow!  I am EXTREMELY impressed.  

The map, while very small, has to be one of the finest Iraq maps ever made for OFP.  The buildings and town layouts makes you feel like you're playing VBS-1 or something.  All in all it is extremely professional with the buildings and the layout looking almost exactly like what you'd find in Iraq in a typical war-torn town.  The agricultural projects for example was a nice touch as was the very realistic looking prison that is just begging for a "prison break" mission.  smile_o.gif  By the way...To keep the prison from being underwater, on the mission editor, set the month to January...there no more flooding.  The tides in OFP are seasonal which is why the water levels change a little bit by the month.

The BMD's-1's gun system is a bit odd, although I suppose it is realistic as most people don't realize that the 73mm cannon is basically a big rocket launcher firing the same rocket as the SPG-9 recoilless rifle.  

With that said, in real life, the rocket speed is a little faster then the projectile in this mod's BMD-1.  Also the rocket shouldn't drop so much over a distance of only 200 meters or so.  My biggest problem was that the rocket kept dropping short of the point I was aiming at.  Also the AI take a long time to engage an enemy vehicle.  They do engage, but they are very slow doing that.   My mod's Iranian EE-9 Cascavel's made short work of them with their 90mm cannons if the BDM1's didn't have heavy protection from Iraqi RPG gunners.   This might be because they are lacking a commander perhaps?  

What really need now is a good Iraqi T-55, T-62, and T-72.  Until then I'll have to settle with using the RHS tanks or older Iraqi tank addons.

At any rate, overall, I found the Iraqi units and the whole pack to be superbly done.  

They really are excellent and this addon pack makes a wonderful New Years present to the OFP community.

I give it a BIG thumbs up!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yep, you are right! I just didn't know.

MTLB's texture is missing so i get error, missing texture...

BMD-1's 73mm gun fires like a missile-wrong smile_o.gif

something wrong with brdm-2 gunner view/optics

it would be cool to incorporate MCAR scripts for SA-13

island is fine, but prison is missing one texture...

island is smaller than desert island! but i can be wrong, it would be great if there were bigger towns, with more objects/buildings

conclusions:

As it is first big IM:UC realease, it's lovely  inlove.gif

keep it up IM:UC  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

IM-UC Island + FFUR 07 = OFP v2.0 - amazing that a game 2001 can still be so damn enjoyable!

Hope to see more from you guys - you're village is a tanks worst nightmare and an RPG gunners paradise - excellent job.

Iv'e got to say this is the best Arab pack I seen in OFP.

The models are outstanding, the map is just great- Small,no lag and beautifull. I also commend the weapons pack choise, ORCS weapons are the best.

The vechicle interior ruins it a bit but...

My only MAJOR complaint is the lack of groups. Sure the Iraqi army was disorganaized, but they still had platoons and divisions. The developers could have at least included groups for the more organaized (And so beautifully modeled and textured) Republican Guard.

island is smaller than desert island! but i can be wrong, it would be great if there were bigger towns, with more objects/buildings

conclusions:

As it is first big IM:UC realease, it's lovely inlove.gif

keep it up IM:UC notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

If i remember correctly the 73mm gun fires an rpg like round in real life.

hmmm... that's strange. could you pls post a screenshot of the missing texture?

as for the island: it was all about time. you could either have this island or no island at all.

Quote[/b] ]The vechicle interior ruins it a bit but...

My only MAJOR complaint is the lack of groups.

same problem with the brdm-2 as with the island. i worked hard to iron out the bugs, but was not successful til the end cos that strange turret bug in the brdm-2 is one of the strangest thing i've seen when making addons. also check the respective threads in the o2 forum here and over at ofpec. or - open up the model yourself - it's MLOD. so the question was: this beta brdm or no brdm at all. now, what would you have chosen???

as for the groups i've written a few sentences in the readme.

but again: is it that hard to assemble a group on your own? no matter what mixture you come up with - i'll be "accurate".

BUG report:

The MTLB

i tested mtlb's on im:uc map and all was fine, i mean no missing textures...

and when i placed it on desert island map, i got this

all mtlb drivers from outside are hidden, you can see gunner through the windows, but not driver.

SA-13 has bug with inside view of driver, maybe even of commander smile_o.gif

Buildings

All apartment 2 buildings are missing texture: this

and all apartment 2 buildings has not walkable stairs:the stairs

Prison gatehouse is missing texture too:this

strange thing with prison segment 2 stairs: this

Quote[/b] ]is it that hard to assemble a group on your own?

Nope. Takes 5 minutes...for me.

When you have all these units that have to be manually placed and a lot of people have no experience with such things, its just nice to have an official set of groupings that everyone uses.

thanks a lot for the screenshots gedis, we'll address the bugs in an eventual update. thumbs-up.gif

in the pbo, but infinished, that's why i did not use it on the island.

thanks a lot for the screenshots gedis, we'll address the bugs in an eventual update.  thumbs-up.gif

your welcome and don't forget to search for bugs just before the release. smile_o.gif

More bugs:

Bugged ladders:this and this

another problem with ladders, in the prison when you enter the cells upstairs you get the choice to climb a ladder when there isn't one there. theres similar occurances around the town when you try and open certain gates. i don't have time to check right now so i don't know exactly where this happens.

another problem with ladders, in the prison when you enter the cells upstairs you get the choice to climb a ladder when there isn't one there.  theres similar occurances around the town when you try and open certain gates.  i don't have time to check right now so i don't know exactly where this happens.

it has been reported by me earlier:i gues you mean this?

Really nice mod,island, especialy vegetation and bulding on it, is awesome but infantry is also nice (i prefer RHS over ORCS weapons but... De gustibus non est disputandum). Anyway, can't wait for a patch wink_o.gif

1.Mtlb, beside random numbers, it is missing rear texture ->

http://surfacezero.com/uploads/Reyhard/bug.jpg

2.Crew has messed up faces [maybe try adding EH wich would launch such script?]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_vehicle = _this select 0

_num = count (crew _vehicle)

?(_num == 0):exit

_crew = crew _vehicle select 0

[_crew] exec "\IMUC_inftr\sc\randface.sqs"

?(_num == 1):exit

_crew = crew _vehicle select 1

?(_num == 2):exit

_crew = crew _vehicle select 2

Can you add ECP compactibility in next version (like in example below?)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers

{

Init="if (format[{%1},count ECP_addUnitsArray] == {scalar}) then {ECP_addUnitsArray = []}; ECP_addUnitsArray = ECP_addUnitsArray + [_this select 0];_this call ECP_EH_handler_init;[_this select 0] exec ""\IMUC_inftr\sc\randface.sqs"";";

fired="_this call ECP_EH_handler_fired;[_this select 0, _this select 4] exec ""\imuc_inftr\sc\flaregrenade.sqs"";";

};

in order to anticipate questions about:

- updates of this pack

- ridiculously high texture resolution of the infantry

- the USSF troops

- ArmA projects

3rd - as there are already a few good USSF addons i focused on the iraqi addons. if my timeframe allows for it, i'll finish the USSF pack soon.

King Homer and Inq put a password on the rar file for their Abrams addon. The password was at the end of the readme file. A good idea.

The previously mentioned bugs aside, this is a great release that I'm having a lot of fun with. Thanks for your hard work! thumbs-up.gif

hei, when you release the ussf huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?? pistols.gif

Are you blind? Check the first post.

2.Crew has messed up faces

i think i wrote in the readme that i included a script for the crew faces to work right. i didn't want to fire it up with an eventhandler cos there's always the chance that ppl use the vehicles as iranian or egyptian ones with iranian or other crews. in order not to mess up the faces in those cases i consciously did not activate the script by EH - maybe a wrong decision.

i could have implemented a imuc_faces_off = true query at the beginning of such a script. well,... nevermind, i'll fix it thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]missing lod texture of this vegetation
- i would have bet that i fixed it before the release tounge2.gif

anyway, thanks for the reports. if all goes wells i'll fix the bugs this weekend.

You cant drive the tracked vehicles across the bridges (I didnt try any other vehicles...so maybe them as well).

Its like you keep running over very large bumps on the bridge surface.

i can drive tracked vehicles, but wheeled vehicles blow up as soon as i cross the bridge at speed, haha. either that or they just slow down to pretty much a halt.