Sign in to follow this  
USMCRP3

Javelin and M203 Optics

Being that ArmA is missing the Javelin and M203 Optics, I created some, these are in beta stage.... These are make by a few Devildogs from tracks and modified by me for ArmA. The pics are actual optics from both weapons.

Jav_opt1.JPG

m203_opt1.JPG

Hopefully once the mod tools are released someone will get to work on making actual 3D M203 sights that can be used in a realistic fashion, ala Infiltration.

Those look good, but with respect to the M203 and ArmA's 3D irons, it seems very temporary to worry about doing a 2D version when they're so relatively useless compared to their 3D counterparts. sad_o.gif

Very cool initiative, since i don´t play with crosshairs the missing iron sight for M203 is a real bugger.

Hopefully once the mod tools are released someone will get to work on making actual 3D M203 sights that can be used in a realistic fashion, ala Infiltration.

That´d be even more great, hoping to see this someday in ArmA!

Those look good, but with respect to the M203 and ArmA's 3D irons, it seems very temporary to worry about doing a 2D version when they're so relatively useless compared to their 3D counterparts. sad_o.gif

I don't think that'll be possible, at least not how you described it on your site. I don't think ArmA can handle adjustable ironsights, as then we'd actually be able to zero in the guns ourselves.

AFAIK ArmA uses an "eye" selection to create the 3d sights, i dont know if its working when u want to have 2 eyes in one weapon

Pure speculation at this point in time, but a 3D M203 sight

might be feasible. There is quite a bit of "tilt" modelled in the

weapons already (to see an example just swing an M16 up

quickly in first person iron sights view - the foresight blade

swoops up past the backsight aperture). It may be possible

to exploit this "tilt" effect.

Great initiative. The game lacks realistic advanced AT system.