Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Anyway.. i bet it will be easy to transfer to ARMA 2. Or even include in ARMA 2 if all get into agreement. smile_o.gif

Agreement? About what? I doubt BIS are seeking our permission to release ArmA2

i meant: BIS could use your ideas/plans, your addons, your scripts.. when they are ready. So they could spend more time improving the engine and not making crappy models that will be replaced asap by the community.

mp the dudes and see what they think..

if your project become really good and realistic.. why wouldn't they use them in an official DVD like ARMA2, as a small part of it.

4 - You can moved between fixed positions within the aircraft (just like switching gunner slots in the current helos)

In arma there is this bug with switching positions while moveing in the big speedboat...

And Ive fallen overboard several times, luckily we can swim in ARMA now, but mastermind had to turn arround with the boat.

A bug but funny realistic.

Anyway Ive never had it with the blackhawk but I havent been in the gunner seat(s) that much. I dont exactly know if the system is similiar to the speedboat, but wouldnt flying at high speed interupt the switchover to the other seat?

huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]

7 - It now has very good short field performance. You can land on Rahmadi, stop in the centre (400-500m) of the runway and then take off again without having to taxi around again.

Oh that is great, does it slowdown fast enough by itself, or do you have some system like reverse thrust? (starts to wonder if the hercules actually has such a system)

Quote[/b] ] Also please be aware you are hearing alot of news I've posted the same time as the rest of the RKSL team becasue people asked intelligent and polite questions. Demanding immediate answers and updates just annoys the hell out of me and guarentees you will get a sarcastic response or ignored.

@ me? huh.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
In arma there is this bug with switching positions while moveing in the big speedboat... Ive never had it with the blackhawk but I havent been in the gunner seat(s) that much.

Ive never noticed a problem in helos but we'll see I havent tried any of this in MP on a Dedicated box.

Oh that is great, does it slowdown fast enough by itself, or do you have some system like reverse thrust? (starts to wonder if the hercules actually has such a system)

Its totally unscripted.  I'm planning on talking to UNN about a revesing scripts to aid ground handling though.

@ me?  huh.gif

Not you mate it was a general comment.  Some people see to demand updates all the time either publically or via PM.  its just getting old and tired.

C-130 Good News:

1 - I've just remade some parts of the C-130 to increase the detail at bit in some areas.

2 - Its now fully enterable (ooer) (apart from the flight deck)

3 - It now has a full crew compliment, Pilot, Copilot, navigator and Loadmaster.

4 - You can moved between fixed positions within the aircraft (just like switching gunner slots in the current helos)

5 - I've trimmed up the geo LoD so it flies nice and stable even with the loony AI flying it.

6 - Stall speed is now ~157kph (87kts) which is apparently realistic for a moderately loaded C-130 with everything but the laundry hung out so the C-130 forum experts inform me. (If this not right compared to FS2004/X don’t bother posting - I'm not interested)

7 - It now has very good short field performance. You can land on Rahmadi, stop in the centre (400-500m) of the runway and then take off again without having to taxi around again.

8 - Ground Handling is improved you can now taxi around in a very tight circle.

C-130 Bad news

1 - I'm struggling with some of the compound animations so may have to resort to scripting the landing gear again sad_o.gif

2 - The old issue of aircraft with roadways is still there the altimeter works only sporadically at some angles.

My good sir, this is all fantastic news. The one thing I'm waiting for in ArmA is some heavy aircraft, and while I'm sure some people think that large aircraft aren't really necessary in ArmA, I think the scale of some of the maps (especially the large ones we'll see soon) will definitely suit tactical airlifts with the C-130.

As a (proto)Computer scientist, I also appreciate your commitment to computational efficiency when it comes to scripting. =D

All of the projects are looking fantastically awesome.

(PS: Just ignore those clamouring for news updates every day. There's always a few =D).

Thats brilliant news RSL. I do like the large amount of progress you guys get up to everytime I check back here.

Thanks and good luck wink_o.gif

i dont know if you guys heard this but Oxygen 2 and visitor 3 has been released  smile_o.gifhttp://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....67;st=0

Thanks but we got the news within seconds of the release smile_o.gif

I don't understand why the tools are needed for building new items and units. RHS released those nice Mi-24 units without the tools so it confuses me about O2's use.

It is just grand that the C-130 is coming to life RKSL, your stuff looks great.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I don't understand why the tools are needed for building new items and units. RHS released those nice Mi-24 units without the tools so it confuses me about O2's use.

They weren't.  It always amused me that despite numerous posts to the contrary some people seemto think that nothing could happen until we had these tools.

The only new tool that was needed to create addons of ArmA quality was Visitor 3 it seems. It's been quite clear for some time that the old tools were capable of creating ArmA addons with the correct knowledge and only a few seem to have grasped the correct procedure properly. Of course, lacking decent reference models have been a bit of a sticking point.

Speaking of which Rock, take care using the new Visitor now that it's been released; I hear it can be a bit of a bitch. smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Speaking of which Rock, take care using the new Visitor now that it's been released; I hear it can be a bit of a bitch. smile_o.gif

It is sodding thing keep erroring on me and i don't know why!

any plans to make a sort of UK airbase island to test your addons on Rock?

like that one you had in OFP on that harrier video?

edit: may have been a missunderstanding

They weren't.  It always amused me that despite numerous posts to the contrary some people seemto think that nothing could happen until we had these tools.

I am a dopey fecker when it comes to modding. I used to map for games in the past and can't remember anything about it.

@ Hoot1988: RKSL have released cam nets if I can remember.

Guest RKSL-Rock
any plans to make a sort of UK airbase island to test your addons on Rock?

like that one you had in OFP on that harrier video?

edit: may have been a missunderstanding

I swear that either you lot are spying on my PC or you are psychic.

I'm in the process of making an island based on Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.  Its 20kmx20km has a large airbase and docks etc.  Its intended as more of a Testing Map than one for gaming but I do hope to release it...but only if I can work out what is wrong with my either my Visitor3 install or the cfg file I’ve just written.

wow.

lol i was just wondering why you were using visitor 3 lol biggrin_o.gif

Diego Garcia that sounds like a sweet island. did a little research on that for my uni course last year. would love to be poster their.

good luck with that. cant wait.

Rock, the Americans are loaning that base. I think the only overseas airbase on British soil are the ones on the Ascension Islands, the Falklands Airstrip and Gibraltar.

I am going to have a look into mapping again I think.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Rock, the Americans are loaning that base. I think the only overseas airbase on British soil are the ones on the Ascension Islands, the Falklands Airstrip and Gibraltar.

I am going to have a look into mapping again I think.

Yeah DG is on loan until 2016. TBH I'm really not bothered who uses it right now. It just struck me a a nice candiate for a large area map for flying with a short development time due to the limited landmass.

You have mentioned it before, I think when you voiced over an aircraft demo vid.

Guest RKSL-Rock

You have mentioned it before, I think when you voiced over an aircraft demo vid.

That was Test Island 1 for OFP.  Which was actually released!

that was a pritty nice island. i liked it. Rock does the new tools being released speed things up for you at all?

Guest RKSL-Rock
that was a pritty nice island. i liked it. Rock does the new tools being released speed things up for you at all?

It’s a bit yes and no.   The export to 3DS Max scene is very useful. It also might make things like the damage model easier to sort out. I'm having to go back and revisit the Geolods on the helicopters (it seems mass is handled slightly differently in the new format – I’m not 100% sure but handling definitely changed when I saved in the new format.)

…but for general modeling it’s really no different than life with OFP's O2.

cool. so with the damage models would it be possible to add a custom destroyed model. for example a merlin that was split in two, or with its tail severed? or would the be like arma is at the moment with the rusty model?

btw just noticed a globemaster in your stig, is one of them on the production board?

Guest RKSL-Rock
cool. so with the damage models would it be possible to add a custom destroyed model. for example a merlin that was split in two, or with its tail severed? or would the be like arma is at the moment with the rusty model?

btw just noticed a globemaster in your stig, is one of them on the production board?

Frankly I dont know if a custom model would work within BIS current method.  I'm still trying to work out exactly how the damage system works.  But yes it would be possible to script it so the Aircraft is destroyed and breaks up.

Yes, a C-17 Globemaster is in WIP.  Its very early in is development and really is nothign to look at.  its really only a test bed right now for geolod testing.

That was Test Island 1 for OFP. Which was actually released!

Ah yes! I stand corrected. smile_o.gif

hey,

i view the preview video of the cargo system and i´m really impressed - very good work and above all a simple but innovative idea wink_o.gif

I noticed also that you used the standard resources from ArmA. Can you tell me where you got them from? I would like to create some dialogs and use the same colors, buttons and frames as BIS and you did. whistle.gif