Sign in to follow this  
duach

Recieving while playing

You lucky one :) tried that a week ago with no success.

I'm guessing you tried a complete driver removal before installing those drivers.

If so, best bet is to reinstall windows.. if you can (and can be bothered)

I'm guessing you tried a complete driver removal before installing those drivers.

If so, best bet is to reinstall windows.. if you can (and can be bothered)

The times are gone when you did <format c:> + reinstall on every hickup.

This is shooting with nukes on flies. I rather want from BIS/NVIDIA the right drug/poison to kill that fly which is pestering me.

It can't be Nvidia relatetd because I have an ATi and still getting it. Tried diffrent driver. :/

Ok the problem I thought I fixed has now reappeared in multiplayer.

I am so sick of this Receiving.... issue I cannot play the game, it is really bad. I really do hope BIS are listening because this is just wrong.

now i have the receiving bug in the campaign YYEEAAAAHHHH

i can not play the campaign anymore and i can not play multiplayer anymore....this game must be a lifeform or something.

between: performance is good today:)) my blood pressure too.

i spent so much time now with different settings, systems and configuration that i really dont know if my wife is here anymore.

sys:

q6700 today @stock

gf8800gts 320mb (textures to low/mid all playable)

4gb ram (tested)

win xp 32 sp3 (new install for ARMA2)

NVdriver 182.50 (tried all the others)

tacens 720W PSU

CPU temperature all fine never higher then 51C

GPU temperature all fine idle 46C/load 61C

Gamesettings all Medium/AA off/viewdistance 2500

no postFX

do you know this?

Error during v-buffer creation: error 8876017c

Well, for what its worth I had this last night in a MP game.

But, and this is the thing it only occurs when I access the map and then attempt to switch back to the game.

I'd been playing the game for an hour or so before this started to happen, so i'm inclined to believe that the engine is having problems getting the render in place after a lot of system and VRAM has been occupied.

The bigger question is why on earth does switching to a map require the game to 'reinitialize' anyway?

OK got sick of the 4870 card giving me Receiving.... and tried every trick, install/re-install under the sun. Just now I changed back to my older NVIDIA 8800GTS and guess what, no more Recieving... after 3 hours of play, multiplayer or singler player.

It seems to me that ATI drivers are shit. I should of not gone against my better judgement and bought an ATI card in the end. I will never buy another one that is for sure, in fact I might send them a bill for the 10 hours I spend trying to fix their crap.

Everyone get rid of ATI if you can, if you can't pray they release working drivers.

...the return of the receiving bug!

i can not believe that this is an ATI problem cause so much people with nvidia cards got the same bug over and over again.

i got it in Arma2 1.0, 1.01, 1.02 and the last patch-

in 1.00 i got it since the first move in the campaign also in MP

in 1.01 i got it after few houres of playin

in 1.02 it was gone few days then it returns

in the last patched version it´s like a mixture of all patches

and the bad thing is that the BTD or CTD is since 1.02

sys:

q6700 today @stock

gf8800gts 320mb (textures to low/mid all playable)

4gb ram (tested)

win xp 32 sp3 (new install for ARMA2)

NVdriver 182.50 (tried all the others)

tacens 720W PSU

CPU temperature all fine never higher then 51C

GPU temperature all fine idle 46C/load 61C

Gamesettings all Medium/AA off/viewdistance 2500

no postFX

There's a lot of potential fixes, a lot of which don't work for a lot of people

The best 2 fixes are to cool your CPU heavily (even if it isn't overheating)

2nd being to lower your video card memory amount in the video options (prerably low to test).

Hope that helps, if not, have a search around for some other fixes in these forums

There's a lot of potential fixes, a lot of which don't work for a lot of people

The best 2 fixes are to cool your CPU heavily (even if it isn't overheating)

2nd being to lower your video card memory amount in the video options (prerably low to test).

Hope that helps, if not, have a search around for some other fixes in these forums

Bulldogs did you even bother to read the 14 pages before posting such obvious comments?

People have tried everything, all combinations of settings etc etc. If you want to help then please read what has been done before you came along and then make some suggestions that nobody has tried as yet. Also WTH would I want to cool a CPU that is not overheating, a weird suggestion.

Also I want to know why BIS decided to have a setting for Video memory in the first place and an ambiguous one at that which just confuses the user. I mean WTH is Low and what is very high and what is in between? we can only speculate on this.

BIS please make this auto detected and not settable, why would we want to have another setting confusing us?

Getting the same.. had it three times today. Had to quit the game...

I have

AMD X2 6000+

2gb 5600

XFX GeForce 8800GTS

No problem with my rig, works like a dream... except in Arma2.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Ok.. so now it happened for the forth time.

It seems to happen a lot when I zoom in with a sniper rifle.

I'm getting so freaking fed up with all the bugs in this game!

I cancelled some plans to play with the guys tonight and we end up getting messed up by the bad programming for hours instead...

Fix this now please... It's the best game ever but it's just so buggy and crappy now.

I find that if I increase my video memory to high I get this problem. Puttng it to normal and the problem goes away.

9800GTX 512mb

I know people have posted this before, just sayin what has worked for me.

I find that if I increase my video memory to high I get this problem. Puttng it to normal and the problem goes away.

9800GTX 512mb

I know people have posted this before, just sayin what has worked for me.

Makes no difference what settings I have I seems to often get this. The weird thing is I can login to a multiplayer game 10 times and I get this issue 8/10 times but the other two times it plays smooth for 1+ hours at least, maybe mission/locale dependent?

Also single player again it is intermittent and there was last night playing a randomly generated mission I had Receiving every 10 metres I moved in game and then finally a CTD.

There is a real issue here and no word from BIS is more than a little frustrating.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:40 PM ----------

There is a real issue here and no word from BIS is more than a little frustrating.

Well official word from BIS in another thread is that they are working on it so this is great for all of us to know.

See the BIS response here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78474&page=2

Updated Vista to SP2, reinstalled ARMA2 and ACE.

Also updated vid driver. My "receiving" bug is cured.

Vista 64 home premium

AMD 64 X2 6000+

4G corsair RAM

XFX 8800GTS 640 MB

Has there been any progress on this bug? I can't join any multiplayer game because of it getting stuck on receiving data.... >.>

Tried removing the router from the equation but still nothing...

I have the receiving data problem. I use to play on a Domination 2 server and the weird thing is that some classes doesn't work sometimes.

--- When I pick a class and then hit "ok" it sometimes says "Receiving Data..." for ever.

Most of the time it is a leader/commander class, who have othere abilities then "common" soldiers such as to give orders. Sometimes I can pick a leader class.

When I alt tab when it says Receiving Data I sometimes manage to get in to the game when I alt-tab back and sometimes it says "you have been kicked from the game". Notice that I can get in to the game if I choose the right class.

Post your RPt after this happens.

What is the RPT?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files

Its basically a log for the game it will tell you anything game related, if your missing stuff, needed , or errors you may be havign ect.,

Rpt can be found here for Arma2OA:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA

for Arma2:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2