Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Mod

FAO BIS - FEATURE REQUEST

Getting BIS to make features for addons is a bit dumb IMO. I think it would be better to ask for animation tools to be released so addon makers can make their own animations.

I agree with you half and half madmatt, but you see I know that BIS are still developing these tools (otherwise they would be released, right?) and to be honest I would rather not wait months for all that, not when I only need 1 anim.

Like I said, I am not someone special, not at all, but there ain't no point in including zombie p3ds in the pack and not being able to make them attack anyone.... !

As for exporting the animation from old OFP to ArmA, sure I'd do that... if I knew how. Are the limbs the same name? Are the dimensions of limbs scaled to the same factors as OFP? If not, then porting is impossible - for me.

You can't port OFP animations into ArmA. They have different animation systems.

If I can't experience a zombie holocaust in real life, gimme the second best thing.

-signed.

...but you see I know that BIS are still developing these tools (otherwise they would be released, right?)...

In which case, how did they make the content for ArmA its self?

Just because the game is released does not mean the tools should be released at the same time. The vast majority of games have a 6-18 month lag between game release and tool release (if they get tools at all).

Like I said, I am not someone special, not at all, but there ain't no point in including zombie p3ds in the pack and not being able to make them attack anyone.... !

They arent zombies. I can't say much else without it being a spoiler.

...but you see I know that BIS are still developing these tools (otherwise they would be released, right?)...

In which case, how did they make the content for ArmA its self?

Just because the game is released does not mean the tools should be released at the same time. The vast majority of games have a 6-18 month lag between game release and tool release (if they get tools at all).

They arent zombies. I can't say much else without it being a spoiler.

@DeadXM2:

1. If they're not zombies why do their P3D models begin with undead_ ?

2. Internal tools to create animations and models can differ a helluva lot from tools that you can release for public consumption. I thought you, as you are studying game development, would have already known that biggrin_o.gif

Zomb:

1. Check PM, can't post it here as I'll be banned for spoilerz.

2. Yes, I know that the public tools are normally always different from the "private" tools. Point is, the tools are in existance as they have already made the content. If its anything like O2 V. O2 Light then it will be a case of disabling some features and re-packing the exe, a 5 min job if the source code is decent wink_o.gif

Zombie_mod i have gladly signed your petition.

However, we need to consider the possibility that BIS will not make a Strokefist animation. Either we need to find another animation, or we just don't use one for the time being.

If i recall correctly, some of the early versions of the OFP zombies (Back in the day) didn't have animation for punching.. and they were still a blast!

So i guess im saying... i for one would be just satisfied with an AI to walk/run (Prefer run) towards me, then me addamage .5

:-)

Maybe a bit o' groanin an moanin in there too.

btw. PM me if you'd like some beta testing for your zombies.. i've beta tested 2 previous zombie mods for OFP (Zombie1's and FML). I usually can get them tested in MP over a Lan pretty quick..

(Me and a few of my freinds love ofp w/ zombies. I thank you for giving us those many hours of fun.)

Pm Me.

thanks.

I haven't really got into the whole modding-ArmA thing... yet, but why can't you just export the animation from OFP? Or make a new one? If the tools aren't out yet, just wait a little while.

I may be way out on thin ice here, but aren't all animations that are in the main .cpp loaded into the memory? So for every animation that's added ArmA will get more demanding. Not much, but still more demanding than before. It'd be nice if someone could confirm this. But if this is the case, then no, I do not wish to have zombies in ArmA unless the animations are included in the addon pack itself. smile_o.gif

We were expecting from BIS, at least the same movements allowed in ofp. Of course ArmA requires animations made from scratch and don't allow conversions from rtm format. Our request about the punch seems to me razonable and his aplication is not zombie/undead exclusive smile_o.gif

signed on i loved everything ofp had and zombies was great addition so plz Bi help the zombie mod out a little wink_o.gif

-Ah, shit. I dropped the pencil-

God damnit, wait a month or two for tools.

confused_o.gif

Signed.

Why not make zombie running/walking & eating anims aswell as the standstrokefist one? smile_o.gif

confused_o.gif

Who says the tools will be released in a month or 2?

You the project manager of BIS, like?

If you have nothing positive to contribute to a thread - don't do it. This is a petition thread, not a discussion of mod tools that may or may not be suitable for public consumption. I'm only asking for one animation ffs, not HAL9000 AI.

I sign this, and what I would also like to have is knife as a weapon, and simple possibility to shoot from moving vehicles, ships etc.while sitting there in open parts of them and the best of all would be the ability to walk on moving vehicles,ships and transport other vehicles on them.

Then ARMA would be perfect for me!

confused_o.gif

Who says the tools will be released in a month or 2?

You the project manager of BIS, like?

If you have nothing positive to contribute to a thread - don't do it. This is a petition thread, not a discussion of mod tools that may or may not be suitable for public consumption. I'm only asking for one animation ffs, not HAL9000 AI.

Ok, then let's have a million threads saying "Why doesn't we have that?" and "Why doesn't we have those?".

I'm sure that's alot better.