Sign in to follow this  
DUX0726

Do you like this look?

I have been discussing re-working the South Sahrani Army Regulars into a fashion more closely resembling the sketch below. I know that many of the community members don't make it down the forum to the MOD DISCUSSION section, so I was hoping to get some more feedback by posting this poll in the GENERAL DISCUSSION section. If you would like to know why these options were selected then please see the discussion on this topic in the MOD DISCUSSION section entitled "Logical South Sahrani Kit." I would encourage all of you to only answer "Yes" or "No" to this idea in this thread. Thank You for your feedback.

1560588381_l.jpg

What if we remove helmets completely? Make them more casual?

Sorta like normal police that carries sub-machine guns.

I agree, I'm sure it'll look great ingame as well. smile_o.gif

More casual, whats the point in that? I think they should remain a proper organised military.

I say change the equipment a bit though. I reckon BIS only used the M16 for the Saharani's as it was already easily available, not because it was the most realistic option. The M240 is certainly not the most realistic option, it would be realistic if they used the slightly simpler and original FN MAG machinegun. My proposal for Saharani weaponary would be

-FNC rifles / Galil 5.56

-FN MAG machine gun

-Add the Carl Gustav AT launcher

I like how their SF have the G36, and excellent weapon. But on the other hand, is it realistic that the Saharani's have a much better weapon then their US counterpart? The G36 is a much better engineered and more expensive weapon then the M4, with much better capabilities.

Quote[/b] ]But on the other hand, is it realistic that the Saharani's have a much better weapon then their US counterpart?

Don't forget the US has to supply a much larger amount of M4s than the Saharani's would G36s. I suppose they could splash out a little to get something top notch for their small special forces units.

I like the idea of making a more casual general military/police presence without helmets too. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-FNC rifles / Galil 5.56

-FN MAG machine gun

-Add the Carl Gustav AT launcher

Yeah, what I said too. Either the FNC (or IMBEL if you want

a S. American flavour), and FN MAG (or the M60 to make it

different from the Americans in the game)

Quote[/b] ]

I like how their SF have the G36, and excellent weapon. But on the other hand, is it realistic that the Saharani's have a much better weapon then their US counterpart?

Yes, G36 is too "up market" for them, I think. Their "Special

Forces" need not automatically use different weapons from

the "regulars", though. Weapon choice would naturally

depend on their mission. They should have a selection of

SMGs, light assault weapons and heavier weapons available

(MP5 or UMP or Uzi or Ingram, M16/M203, FNC, Steyr, G3,

FN MAG or M60 &cet ).

yeah styers are cheap and effective and probably should be implemented. but still noone can deny the sexiness of the g36. couldnt the government by slightly militaristic and corrupt? wouldnt this lead to the elite forces being well equipped

yeah styers are cheap and effective and probably should be implemented. but still noone can deny the sexiness of the g36. couldnt the government by slightly militaristic and corrupt? wouldnt this lead to the elite forces being well equipped

Yes, but everyone knows that the grunts on the sharp end

always end up getting screwed over. The corruption won't

extend to expensive "exotica" for the army.

"Weapons are just a tool. If it goes "bang" and hits what you

aim at, that'll do!"

-- "Andy McNab"

"Hey, [weapons are] a toolbox, you just put the tools in that

you need for the job"

-- "Sam" (Robert de Niro's character in "Ronin")

The "IDF" look suits the terrain much better IMO.

So as not to add to the "demand what you want" for weapons like in the old Nogova threads, I'll just stick with the "yes" vote.

thumbs-up.gif

So as not to add to the "demand what you want" for weapons like in the old Nogova threads,

It's not "demand what you want"! We're trying to enter into

the spirit of it and suggest reasoned possibiities. Personally I

couldn't really care less what gets finally implemented - most

of us on this "addons" forum could easily change it anyway.

WTF am i new here?  icon_rolleyes.gif

This will turn into a spam your weapon idea thread when there already is one. It happens every time.

Quote[/b] ]I would encourage all of you to only answer "Yes" or "No" to this idea in this thread

Im saying stick to the topic.

Well, that's what he gets for being an attention-seeking

whore! The "topic" is more than adequately covered in the

original thread.

<spoiler removed>

_

TT:

Yep this looks good... I think if you remove the helmet and add therefore some caps or Hats it would be very cool! :P

Well, that's what he gets for being an attention-seeking

whore!

Wow great attitude you got there thumbs-up.gif

I think the M16 is a very realisitic option, the US Army are starting to phase them out, no doubt they would give them to allies and armed forces they were training. It would make sense. Since most of the US soldiers have used them. They would be able to show the RACS forces how to use the weapon quite quickly. FNC's cheaper than a Second hand M16? doesnt make much sense to me, and the M240 that the RACS forces use at the moment does not look like the modified one the US Army use anyway. I say stick with the M16 series. It is the most logical choice if you think long enough about it.

Yeah, but the Belgians are pretty much selling off their whole army, including the thousands of FNC's they have. Or what do you think of old FN Fal/SLR's from the Netherlands or Britain?

The M240 that the RACS have is the exact version that the US uses, hence its called the M240.

Diemaco's would be a good choice for Special Forces. Canadian produced, they are essentially modified (improved) versions of the M16A2 and M4A1, Diemaco's are used by alot of European SF as they have a good value for money ratio.

M16s are still the logical choice for the Sahranis, seeing how the U.S, not Belgium, is apparently their main supplier of equipment. If you really dislike the M16A2, you can always just go back to M16A1s with 30 rd magazines, which are still fairly common in U.S aligned nations.

FNCs are still generally limited to a few nations (indonesia, Sweden ) at this point and don't seem very logical as weapons for the Sahranis. However, FALs or G3s could be another possible option as a standard weapon.

If we gave them helmets and IBA's, we'd surely give them m16a2 and m240b... even in basic training and infantry AIT i never saw an m16a2, we always had m16a4 or m4's. Teaching them how to use any firearm isn't much of a problem, the SFG weapons sergeants, and pretty much everyone SF there would know how to take apart, and employ pretty much every weapon known to modern man.

<spoiler removed>

Permanent ban for deliberate campaign spoiler that has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

Ouch..

Anyways, yes, it looks good. The plain colors should fit lots of places on Sahrani, so I think it's good smile_o.gif

JW

smile_o.gif

Any progress yet?

I was thinking it may be a good idea to give many of the soldiers Shemagh's as standard headgear - worn in different ways. A shemagh is a logical choice of headgear in a place as sunny as Saharani.

I was thinking it may be a good idea to give many of the soldiers Shemagh's as standard headgear - worn in different ways. A shemagh is a logical choice of headgear in a place as sunny as Saharani.

Greece, Spain, African nations and Australia are just a sunny and i don't see there military wearing them as standard headgear. I'm not too sure on the kneepads either. I don't know how many nations actually have them as standard gear and i hate to see them on poor quality troops like the South Sahrani are (they must be slightly inferior if they need training from another nation, plus if you need training you'd choose the UK as South Sahrani couldn't possibly fight in the tactics the US use as it would be far too costly). I actually like the 6 colour BDUs that BIS have chosen and think it fits well.

I was bored so i thought i'd post my thoughts, even though you only wanted a yes or no answer.  tounge2.gif