Sign in to follow this  
DUX0726

Logical South Sahrani Kits

Hi, i think that for those South Sahrani army a pasgt helmet will be enought, affordable and not too expensive; for the vest... i think that early 90's yankee vests will do the job; also not expensive and if you buy 'em used... then much less. For the weapons i think that G3's will be a good cheap choice, or even better... cetme's C and cetme's L, a cheaper AR that can be bought in good number and that will be asy of find anywhere, from Afrika to South America. Let's C ya

Here are some things i would like to see in the South Saharani forces:

1. Steyr AUG as the primery assault rifle.

2. FN Minimi Para for the Machinegunner (basicly make him an Automatic Rifleman)

3. Some Bell 412 or UH-1 "Iroquois" helicopters would be nice.

PASGT is ok

Older style US kits also

for weapons

unmodded m4 or alike weapon (short) for defense personel. And highly modded m4's for the commandos. FN MAG as mg. And only commandos have a few FN minimi's.

Would mind some more normal military vehicles. Without guns even. crazy_o.gif

PASGT is ok

Older style US kits also

for weapons

unmodded m4 or alike weapon (short) for defense personel. And highly modded m4's for the commandos. FN MAG as mg. And only commandos have a few FN minimi's.

Would mind some more normal military vehicles. Without guns even.   crazy_o.gif

Old uniforms and state-of-the-art weaponry? That's quite unrealistic... I think a G3 or the FN FAL would best suit the South Sahrani armed forces...

You're calling M4, FN MAG and FN Minimi "state-of-the-art"? M4s (note: M4, not M4A1 or M4A1 SOPMOD) are just shortened M16s, basically. FN MAG was designed in the '50s and is basically a slightly modified M1918 BAR. Actually not sure about the Minimi, would assume it's based on similar action than MAG, but the thing is still 20 years old (some US Army M249s are already falling apart due to age crazy_o.gif ), and it's not like they're basic issue anyways (although fairly simple and cheap in most basic configuration).

I like the idea of using FN weaponry. FN FAL for a "ceremony rifle" for the Royal Guard? yay.gif

For "basic" MPs, or heavily armed police, I'd say MP5s might do the job. Or alternatively, UZIs or maybe Beretta M12s or Sterlings.

sheridan2.jpg

This will be the South Sahrani Tank. M551 Sheridan. Perfect for island warfare and U.S. surplus too boot!

I don't think South Saharani should have tanks, you said it yourself that it got only 650 troops :P.

Instead of tanks, give them more M113 types, maybe better trucks and jeeps for quick security and not use tanks.

Besides, the Sheridan is not an MBT, its more of a fire support vehicle, the thing is made of aluminum, can't even stop 12.7mm bullets, not to mention RPG's/mines and fight against other armor.

They've got 4 tanks. They were gifts for the princes birthday from the U.S. There, now they have tanks. yay.gif

They've got 4 tanks. They were gifts for the princes birthday from the U.S. There, now they have tanks. yay.gif

You got a wild imagination my friend rofl.gif .

That's logical. If I fail to mod the tanks, then they all broke down before the war started. biggrin_o.gif

It's more than likely that the M551's will be operated by the Royal Guards; mostly for parades and so-forth; and in the event of war they would be operated by the "grunts" for about an hour or so, until they were all easily wiped-out. 152mm gun should be of some use to them however and it's cheaper to give them M551's than it is to give them upgraded "Gavins" that the U.S. desperatly needs in Iraq right now. (i.e. The Stryker is B.S. and it's always the old-style military equipment that pulls our butts out of the fire; see M-14's and .45 in addition to the above)

Man, your not kidding about the M-14 either. I would love to trade in my "uber" cool M4 + wacky addon garbage for a nice Wood and Iron rifle with range and takedown power. I don't believe I'm eligible for 4B school unless I can manage to re-class into a different CMF so that's out.

I understand the decision to replace the .45 with a 9mm pistol to go along with NATO standards..doesn't mean I have to like it.

5.56 + Cinder-Block Cities = WTF!? Given the choice, I'd ride in an M-113 with a "picket fence" around it any day rather than a Stryker. At any rate, the Sheridan seems logical and appropriate for Sahrani to me.

Well, I never rode around in a Stryker, the most armor I ever had was the lame Level 3 armor on the Humvee. I agree that one of those oldy time tanks would be neat for them.

My favorite vehicle would be a C-17 headed North but I don't think the the South Sahrani could afford it. biggrin_o.gif

My favorite vehicle would be a C-17 headed North but I don't think the the South Sahrani could afford it. biggrin_o.gif

I think one unit of C-17 will cost like the whole armies of the north and south of the island. tounge2.gif

You're calling M4, FN MAG and FN Minimi "state-of-the-art"? M4s (note: M4, not M4A1 or M4A1 SOPMOD) are just shortened M16s, basically. FN MAG was designed in the '50s and is basically a slightly modified M1918 BAR. Actually not sure about the Minimi, would assume it's based on similar action than MAG, but the thing is still 20 years old (some US Army M249s are already falling apart due to age crazy_o.gif ), and it's not like they're basic issue anyways (although fairly simple and cheap in most basic configuration).

I like the idea of using FN weaponry. FN FAL for a "ceremony rifle" for the Royal Guard? yay.gif

For "basic" MPs, or heavily armed police, I'd say MP5s might do the job. Or alternatively, UZIs or maybe Beretta M12s or Sterlings.

Ok my bad whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]FN MAG was designed in the '50s and is basically a slightly modified M1918 BAR

afaik the MAG, GPMG & M240 are based off the german MG42 rather than the bar.

PASGT is ok

Older style US kits also

for weapons

Would mind some more normal military vehicles. Without guns even. crazy_o.gif

Old uniforms and state-of-the-art weaponry? That's quite unrealistic... I think a G3 or the FN FAL would best suit the South Sahrani armed forces...

Well I was thinking more about short variants of the m16 rather then a m4. XM177 or something, like the pilots use in OFP. And also only the commados should get nice kit. M4 modded out. Gift from US. wink_o.gif And well could also give regulars FN Fal's. But with the Mg's should be as I said before.

oh and btw

how about this camo for the forces! wow_o.gifthumbs-up.gifwhistle.gif

click click