Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

Sprocket download version fixed by installing starforce.

This link shows you how i fixed my MP game.  No more crashes due to starforce not being installed..

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....y995695

This confuses me.  So your saying that by adding Starforce in addition to Softwrap fixes the crashing?

If that is truly the only way to stop the crashing then that's too bad.  I am skeptical of this "fix", and will not resort to putting Starforce on my computer...ever.

Well let us know how many hours you play until you crash or never crashing at all before we install this. ^_^ I don't wanna mess anything up if their gonna release a patch that fixes it :P

Seems like AsRock is on to something here but since I refuse to install StarForce I tried the "other way around" and removed  all StarForce files from the ArmA root directory.

I've only played for ~1 hour on a random server (both co-op and a C&H missions) with JIP and respawn and no CTD so far (I usually had one after ~5-30 min on servers with JIP and respawn)! More testing is needed but we can always hope the "fix" is this easy and not just temporary luck for me.

Heres what I did...

Move the following 3 StarForce files out of ArmA's root directory to a safe place (don't delete them since they may be needed when next patch arrives).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

PROTECT.DLL

PROTECT.DRV

PROTECT.EXE

If you try let us all know how it goes...

/KC

Good, well that may work too...and that proves that starforce did come with the sprocket version, but ive already given other proof to that too...

So far so good btw....

Seems like I just had temporary luck earlier today. Just tried another random server and had the dreaded CTD back after about ~15 minutes so just moving the StarForce files didn't fix it sad_o.gif

As I said before I won't install StarForce so I guess I have to continue to wait for a fix from BIS!

/KC

Demo wont run on my PC. I got the newest drivers, DirectX etc. Choosing a mission and initialising it works fine, but after the loading screen I end up with a CTD. I tried disabling the Nvidia network card but that doesnt change anything.

Will I have the same problem with the full version, can I at least play singleplayer? Kind of anoys me cause I think it is time now for me to realy switch to ArmA. AND I FINALLY WOULD HAVE SOME TIME TO PLAY GODDAMNIT! biggrin_o.gif

You'd probably have to tell everyone the specs of your PC, and you should probably post that comment in the Demo thread :P

Anyone else try the Starforce thing yet? lol I'm sure we'll know forsure on the weekend where everyone will be able to play a good amount of hours.

Well since I can't play anyway I again tried removing certain Softwrap files after starting the game.  Again I played for about 2 hours before crashing durring one of my multiple Alt-tabs.  

So unfortunately I used one of my "allowed installs" because I will have to re-enter my reference # and having to again activate the game.  They probably won't give me more after posting this, but no loss really since I can't play MP anyway.  

(Remember: I am NOT recomending you try this!  I don't want to hear "you made me screw up my game" messages.  )

Here's to hopeing this is fixed in the next patch.  As I said before, if its not, I won't be buying the English DVD out of spite and wil have to move on  sad_o.gif

Will I have the same problem with the full version, can I at least play singleplayer?

Hi Albert,

For me the CTD problems only happens when I play MP on servers/hosts that use JIP/respawns (most common). The 1.02 Cz Sprocket version is 100% stable for me in SP!

Unfurtunately it sounds like you have some kind of HW/SW/driver conflict in your PC and since you have problems with the demo I'm pretty sure you will have problems with any version.

Hope you get it sorted!

/KC

KeyCat,

I am really glad to see that you have found a way to play MP with some stability.  However looking at the server list it is difficult to determine which servers are running the types of maps you suggest.

I was hoping that you could list the names of the servers that you know run these maps.  I did not see any rule against naming servers in the "Forum Rules," and it would benifit greatly those that are having difficulty with the Sprocket Czech version if we could have a reference to such servers.  

If I am wrong about the rules then will a moderator please correct me.

Hi Sc@tterbrain,

To date I've only been able to play ArmA 1.02 Cz Sprocket version without any CTD's on one server since most use JIP/respawn. It's a German co-op server runned by a nice bunch of guys and it (usually) shows up in the list as...

[GDT] COOP Server v.1.02 / No Custom

Remember, they play with no JIP/respawns and teamwork is the name of the game on this server. If you die you have to wait patiently until all others are dead or all objectives are done.

The URL to their homepage is http://www.gdt-server.com

/KC

Maybe were doomed, I didn't see anything about an sprocket fix in the upcomming 1.05. Maybe they'll let us exchange the czech version for an english when its released.

suma wasnt aware of this problem stated in another thread just recently it seems.

so a good idea is to send him a pm about this thread and collect the crash files (again) for him.

I really hope that your assumeing that. He sent me a pm weeks ago asking for my crash files as related to this topic.

I did send them but have not heard anything....

I heard rumors that the Sprocket version of Armed Assault was more likely to have crashes and performance issues than the others. Is this true?

Right now, only in Multiplayer. I mean you can play fine and everything else, but when it comes to Multiplayer, you can play and after a certain amount of time (it could be 1min, it could be 1 hour or more) the game will CTD [Crash to Desktop]. You can play Singleplayer and Edit Missions and stuff fine tho :P Hopefully this will be fixed in the next patch, or sprocket will find a fix soon.

Chiming in here too. I have the Sprocket version and I only crash in multiplayer after 5-20 min of play. Stable as a rock for singleplay.

Sprocket or BIS please fix!

Just to let you know that we're looking at this problem seriously. I hope to have something more specific tommorow.

oooooo Thank Science!!! lool. Really tho, this problem has been a... problem since its been released. It would be sucky to get the new patch and still have these MP Crashing.

Thanks for the update! Will try later tonight and let you know...

One question tho, does this new EXE-file require/trigger a new authorization request from Sprocket?

/KC