Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

Smoke Grenade Pack

Ive made a little addon which adds 4 new smokeshells to ArmA. Added colors are deepred, blue, yellow and violet. At this stage there are still some bugs in it. This was originaly created for my clan for CAS, CASEVAC and CSAR MP Operations.

Known Issues:

-picked up shells are not throwable

-colors are too bright

Future changes:

-fixing pickup bug

-fixing colors

-adding strobelight and IR strobe

-adding m203 smokegrenades

Suggestions are welcome.

Download

smoke.JPG

Looking good, nice to see we're getting addons this early smile_o.gif

Do these by any chance block the AI view?

Looks good anyway.

btw does any1 know if smoke blocks a.i view in Arma? are the smokeshells in original Arma? tounge2.gif

btw does any1 know if smoke blocks a.i view in Arma? are the smokeshells in original Arma? tounge2.gif

Apparently not, although the smoke isn't too thick with the original smokeshells, haven't tried these ones though.

btw does any1 know if smoke blocks a.i view in Arma? are the smokeshells in original Arma?  tounge2.gif

No smoke in ArmA blocks AI view. This neither. sad_o.gif

@all

thx for the feedback

Well, AI-blocking wasnt planned when i started this addon, but its a good idea. So if ill get AI viewblock working will add some artysmokeshells.

@Vulture2k1

Yes there are smokeshells in ArmA, but only white/grey; green and red/orange

nice one al thumbs-up.gif

looking forward to the next versions of this, especially ir and strobe additions. maybe you can ad glowsticks too?

would be nice to see and also useful for my pmcs wink_o.giftounge2.gif

(I know, gotta wait for mod tools first).

thumbs-up.gif

maybe you can ad glowsticks too?

Yeah glowsticks would be nice, but as u already mentioned, for modellchanges we have to wait for the tools.

I tweaked some smoke and tried to make the colors more realistic. Also the structure was optimized so the pickup and use of the shells works better now. I dont think that theres a lagfree way to block AI-views, without oxygen2.

smoke2.JPG

Is there anyway you can equip a plane (maybe camel?) or a helicopter with those grenades?

Are you making these realistic or just for gameplay? IRL, the M18 (colored smoke grenade for US forces) comes only in red, yellow, green, and violet. The grenade I know of that comes in blue is the Russian RDG-1, an older grenade but it still finds use especially since it can float and thus be used to screen waterways.

Edit: Al Simmons, I was planning on porting my grenade pack to (and possibly continuing work on it for) ArmA. It already uses AI view blocking and all that stuff, if you want to use the models (or anything from the pack) give me a holler, I'm pretty sure they'll still work in ArmA.

Well, AI-blocking wasnt planned when i started this addon, but its a good idea. So if ill get AI viewblock working will add some artysmokeshells.

So you guys say that the stock smoke grenades in ArmA 1.01 still doesn't block's AI's LOS?

Also the smoke effects from the grenades looks very very similair to OFP's. I was hoping for a bit better looking and at least functional smoke grenades this time around confused_o.gif

/KC

Are you making these realistic or just for gameplay?

I was planning on porting my grenade pack to (and possibly continuing work on it for) ArmA. It already uses AI view blocking and all that stuff, if you want to use the models (or anything from the pack) give me a holler, I'm pretty sure they'll still work in ArmA.

First it was made for gameplay only, but i try your stuff, if it still works for ArmA, when it does i will port this effect with full credits for your awsome job.