Sign in to follow this  
fideco

Editing config.bin

Same error as angus

Extracted to my eliteness folder and tried the system32 dir.

Still doesn't work

Yes I followed the instructions according to the site linked above in this thread. I tried both the DLL in the system32 directory and the eliteness directory, neither worked. Right now I'm using Eliteness 2.01 which gives me an error when I try to bin a config.cpp file.

I'm pretty depressed. sad_o.gif

I can't run Eliteness either, and cannot get hold of the older versions either.

Seems I will have to wait for offical tools..

Windows/system or windows/system32 makes no diff or even in same folder as eliteness.exe.

Mikes been away on holidays. He'll pick this up when hes back.

hoz

Hi folks.

I'm not much good at windoze anything being a linux man so doing best i can to sort it out...... basic problem appears to be if you dont' install it on a 'standard' C:\drive, then issues arise.As far as I can tell, it needs c:\windows\system32 to work 'correctly'.

Shall look into that.

Hi Mikero

This could be exactly why it doesn't work for others.

I installed the .dll under c:\windows\system32

and it works properly on 32bit and 64bit systems for me.

Thank you very much for this great tool!

Hi Mikero,

fyi, I have eliteness 2.08 running on a completely seperate windows partition (that is.. not the C partition where my windows installation resides) under 64-bit Windows XP pro.

It runs fine when the depbo.dll is in the same directory as eliteness.exe but not when in the c:\windows\system32 directory.

The afore mentioned errors regarding...

Quote[/b] ]Eliteness MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: eliteness.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.3 ModName: msvcrt.dll

ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 00032a16

might be something like...

- The people in question don't have SP2 installed correctly or

- Their Windows is not right up to date with any MS patches or

- Eliteness might not be compatiable with the runtime on Home edition or

- Eliteness was complied against a later version of the C runtime library and maybe might require later versions of mfc42.dll and msvcrt.dll to be present on their machines.

Anyhoo, just some thoughts...

I have another wee problem for you...

ArmA version 1.2.0.5103 ui.pbo

- Extracts fine

- Select the config.bin thats extracted and hit the Derapify button

- Save the extracted text as config.cpp in the same directory

- Make no changes to config.cpp

- Pbo the directory back up and placed back into ArmA

- Run ArmA and I get the following error...

File ca\ui\config.cpp, line 739: '/RscDisplayMainMap/controls.extern': 'c' encountered instead of '='

When you get a chance to have a look... Cheers.

Thanks for the effort, you're a trooper.

PS. feersum's derapification wouldn't load back up, Keygetys did but had problems with UI artifacts floating about the screen.

Syb, that sounds alot like it is a lint error telling you that there is a problem with the config file.

I too, can't get Eliteness 2.08 running using either the 1.44 or 1.45 versions of the DePbo.dll. The DLL has been tested either in the same folder as Eliteness.exe, placed only in %SystemRoot%\system32 or present in both locations. I hope you can figure it out, Mikero, because it seems like a fine GUI tool. I'm making do with the CLI tools in the mean time.

Speaking of those, I have a problem with the rapify tool. It seems to choke on #defines within an #ifdef or #ifndef block. Here's an example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#ifndef KLSTEST

#define KLSTEST

#endif

class CfgPatches

{

class KLS_Test

{

units[]={};

weapons[]={};

requiredVersion=1.96;

requiredAddons[]={};

};

};

Output of rapify 1.20:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">D:\test> rapify config.cpp

rapify Version 1.20

#ifndef KLSTEST

ERROR: Line 2

Expected array[] or =

D:\test>

latest version of eliteness (2.09) is available here

http://andrew.nf/ofp/tools

it *might* fix the crash problems. certainly hope so.

@killswitch

my debpo dll doesn't handle #ifdef #ifndef and neither afaik does the bis engine

Hmmm... Went to your website for v2.09 but couldn't see it anywhere.

Not that v2.08 isn't working fine for me, but it's always nice to keep up with the latest version of things...

latest version of eliteness (2.09) is available here

http://andrew.nf/ofp/tools

it *might* fix the crash problems. certainly hope so.

@killswitch

my debpo dll doesn't handle #ifdef #ifndef and neither afaik does the bis engine

You need to change the link on your site, it still links to 2.08.

Correct link for 2.09 here.

Just tried 2.09, it didn't fix the problem for me. I still get the same crash. I will check Windows update, maybe that will help.

Edit: Windows updates didn't make a difference.

As Mikero has written this App with Visual Studio 6.0 SP6 the guys that are having the MFC errors might want to try downloading Visual C++ Express Edition.

It's free and it may update the necessary mfc42.dll and msvcrt.dll to a level that is compatible with Eliteness v2.09.

(That's if you don't have Visual Studio 6.0 with SP6 applied stored away in a bottom draw...)

Cheers, Sy

As Mikero has written this App with Visual Studio 6.0 SP6 the guys that are having the MFC errors might want to try downloading Visual C++ Express Edition.

It's free and it may update the necessary mfc42.dll and msvcrt.dll to a level that is compatible with Eliteness v2.09.

(That's if you don't have Visual Studio 6.0 with SP6 applied stored away in a bottom draw...)

Cheers, Sy

Tried that, didn't help either. Eliteness sound like a good tool, I would really like to be able to use it sad_o.gif .

Maddmatt... lol, well I'm fresh outta ideas then... sorry. sad_o.gif

well folks, i am going to have to find a machine where the bloody thing DOES crash!

man, this is frsutrating!

crazy_o.gif

hmmm.. how about this then...

Try downloading the free Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 software from here.

And setup another Win32 virtual PC and try running Eliteness from within that... dunno.

Oh, and I think the needing to be installed on the C:\ thing maybe is not the problem... As my eliteness is just sitting in a folder on my O:\ drive with depbo.dll sitting in the same folder and works fine. However, I am running WinXP Pro 64bit so maybe wow64 is dealing with this better than XP32bit...

Hope you manage to fix this soon. Eliteness would be very useful for me.

@killswitch

Rgr on the DePBO DLL. One can actually use those preprocessor directives with OFP and ArmA. We used these directives extensively when working on WGL5 and they occur frequently within the chaos that are the WGL5 config files. biggrin_o.gif

I just tried Eliteness 2.10 (which still crashes inside msvcrt.dll in the way described earlier in this thread). I'll try finding a newer version of it and see where it leads.

I just tried Eliteness 2.10. It still crashes for me as soon as it starts.

hey guys,

sorry a little off-topic but i thought this question might fit here.

i'm still new to this and i'm wondering what program do you use to edit the config.cpp?

wordpad? or is there anything more convenient out there?

Be sure to grab Kegetys Arma tools right here.  Use the Unrap tool to convert the .bin file to a text file.  

Personally I use notepad to edit the config files, it seems the easiest to me  wink_o.gif