Wilco

Vix Stryker

Hehe, tried to use it in missions but I could just destroy it by using my pistol pistols.gif

I know Strykers aren't M1A2's or something but this is... A bit overkill don't you think? whistle.gif

I've got the stryker working, the aiming is like BWMod Dingo however, but the gunner doesn't stick out anymore. Includes regular version and slat armored version xmas_o.gif

Until a better mirror can be found, enjoy rapidshare!

vix_stryker @ Rapidshare

Thanks for fixing it Lamentin. Much appreciated!

I'd forgotten the joys of downloading from radidshare mad_o.gif

Denz

Coyote Commander, I tried loading a section of infantry into the Stryker before releasing it to see if I had the same problem as you, but everything was good. I just tried it again, without any mods loaded, and again no problem. This means I've tried it with a boatload of MODs loaded and without any mods loaded without CTD. If it helps, I'm using the English version of OFP:RES with patch 1.96 installed.

Here are some pictures for the news.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Awesome!

This is just awesome looking stuff thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

Just a side note. Would it be possible to make a AGL version of it?

I guess that would require to make a whole new gun on top of it and I hate asking stuff. crazy_o.gif

Though, this is like an early Xmas present to me.

Thank you xmas_o.gif

I just wanted to thank everyone involved with this addon...Vix, Wilco, Lamentin, and everyone else I forgot.  It has been a long time comming, but I am just very grateful that dedicated community members would not let this addon die.  THANK YOU!

EDIT: Oh and thanks to ofpdeadeye for uploading it to ofp.info

When I load an infantry squad into the Stryker and then order them to disembark I get a CTD,I tried with Bis Soldiers and Laser's Rangers and same result.I didn't tried this with Slat Stryker so I don't know if it happens with both versions.

Other than that it's a very good addon and thank you to all the people involved in this addon.

When I load an infantry squad into the Stryker and then order them to disembark I get a CTD,I tried with Bis Soldiers and Laser's Rangers and same result.I didn't tried this with Slat Stryker so I don't know if it happens with both versions.

Other than that it's a very good addon and thank you to all the people involved in this addon.

Hm seems you aren't the only one having this problem. (check the previous posts)

If there's an fixed version let me know wink_o.gif

Anyways I finaly found some time to prepare a News

It seems the Stryker will not ctd only if it has 6 soldiers in it,any number after that will cause the ctd(at least in my case).I see Coyote Commander gets the crash when he loads the infantry while in my case when I unload them.

For what it's worth with the demo of ArmA available.

This is the second version I have released, this version features some proxy fixes, and I believe solves the Crash To Desktop problem some of you were experiencing. Thanks for the comments, it was great to contribute to the community that has created so many other addons that I make such good use of.

Here is the hopefully fixed version

Rapidshare ... quickly to the mirrors!

Great job on it for everyone who had his try on this one.

Greatfull that this addon didn't die(which I thought it did a few weeks ago confused_o.gif ).

Me and Calm Terror had been working on updating this addon before this one came out, so I guess we'll try to combine the two. At any rate, one major problem is that the armor value on the slat armor version is waaaaay too low. Any RPG (JAM or BIS) will easily destroy the Slat armored Stryker. In real life, most of the time the slat armor defeats RPG-7 warheads (usually). I would increase the armor value so that it can withstand at least two hits. Otherwise, the slat armored version doesn't last more then a few seconds once it runs into RPG armed insurgents in Iraq missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks for the update, as well as to the original author (Vix) and Wilco for some of the modifications. This is a great addition to game that's lasted this long from contributions of the addonmaker community. Just the fact the AI is able to operate it fairly good, and it's driveable, I think the current muzzle report from the .50 doesn't detract too much if anything. Great work guys smile_o.gif

Finally got around to try this thing, and I must say, it's really cool! One question I got though, about the Stryker vehicle: Is it amphibious in reality? Coming from the LAV family it should be... Does anybody know? huh.gif

The Stryker is a variant of the MOWAG LAV Generation III family. The LAV-25 is a hybrid of the MOWAG Piranha Generation II family. I know the Canadians a few years ago accidentally dropped a LAV III into a harbor in Croatia and assumed it would float. The thing sank like a rock. whistle.gif

BUZZARD @ Feb. 08 2007,00:44)]Finally got around to try this thing, and I must say, it's really cool! One question I got though, about the Stryker vehicle: Is it amphibious in reality? Coming from the LAV family it should be... Does anybody know? huh.gif

Nope, the Stryker is not amphibious.

I Can't remember exacly but I did NOT create the model and texture by myself.

It is a mix from another game combined with some creations of someone.

Only thing I did is making it show up in OFP and adjust the textures. I did not have the time to make all functions work etc.

Hopefully someone does have the time to do it. smile_o.gif