Sign in to follow this  
Karel85

Germany 1985's Editor Update released

Damn, whats the problem here? Noone had problems with OFP editoraddon 102, so unless there are no other versions from other modmakers, everyone should be able to DL this one.

Damn, whats the problem here? Noone had problems with OFP editoraddon 102, so unless there are no other versions from other modmakers, everyone should be able to DL this one.

So, that means that there may not be any 'progress' or things better done in ArmA? Not saying which is best, just saying that 'because something was fine back then' it is not per defintion 'fine now aswell'  smile_o.gif

BTW.. I made a version that just changes the BIS scopes to public, leaves the default class names, but also insures compatibility without the need of an extra addon in the addons[] and addonsAuto[] arrays...

It's the same patching method I used for the CZ-Eng translation, difference is that it copies the BIS files into a mod folder, and patches them there.

This method ensures compatibility. Only editors need this so they can place the objects in the editor, and afterwards it will run on any machine, even those that don't have the modified files.

The only downside of this method, is when bis updates the files, we need to release an updated version of the patcher, (again for editors-only though), that's the only downside thingy I could find for now.

Will put a link up soon, but it's only for testing purposes and maybe to check together which way is best or how we can make a good unified, high compatibility solution...

i can do that also, not much to do here: changing a macro... wink_o.gif

Well, but then you would still have an addon added in the addons[] and/or addonsAuto[] lines in the mission.sqm, which means every missionmaker needs to know, remember, and do everytime remove the addon from the sqm's smile_o.gif (don't think that will be done consequently by every mission maker),...

unless you edit the bis files as explained in my example. (Which are in total ~1300mb... and Idea-games mentioned they will Sue anyone who distributes (changed) original arma files, and as such a patch method seems the only way to go)

The next version with stringtable, removed empty objects and some OFPR classes (all OFP:R SP missions should be playable as soon as the islands are converted) is coming soon.

Isn't that why there was a :

Editor Update - Release Stuff Which Doesn't Need An Addon for players

Editor Addon - Brings In New Content Which Everyone Requires the Addon

Isn't that how it was in ofp as well? smile_o.gif

I have a question regarding this EU addon. Is it fully compatable with any version of Arma?

Im like *about* to put it in, and mess around with some buildings maybe later, but I dont want to do that yet till I find out for sure that the current version of this EU is not going to cause current or later issues with different Arma versions (or if buildings put in now with current EU/Arma version might cause problems in future Arma versions)

Greatly appreciate info on this, I muchly prefer this simple addon usage personally for getting all the objects avaliable.

Btw, also, is it safe to assume this EU addon can be distributed within ones mission?

It _should_ work with every version of ArmA, no guarantee for this though.

Sure you can distribute it as long as you do that together with the readme file.

I can send you thew latest version of it, it is not yet released and still beta...

Thanks for the response raedor

If its still beta then Ill wait till its ready for public, but thanks for the offer.

is someone working on a "proper" editor update.

One that doesnt create an addon dependancy ??

who what an idiot i am, thx sickboy, then search didnt throw up your thread smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif