Sign in to follow this  
Gökhan - OFP TURKISH UNION

Otokar Cobra 4x4 Light Armored Vehicle Series v1.0

Finally our latest title, Otokar Cobra 4x4 Light Armored Vehicle Series, is ready on shelves! All right, you waited enough, so let's take a quick glance at the features of Cobra while you download it from our website here; www.turkishunion.com

cobra_f01b.jpg

cobra_f02b.jpg

Also feel free to write down your opinions here on this thread. More info is on the readme. Hope you enjoy Cobra!

Otokar Cobra 4x4 Light Armored Vehicle Series Features

-3 types of Cobra;

1) Cobra - 12.7 mm - in khaki-brown camo scheme

2) Cobra - 12.7 mm - in plain khaki color

3) Cobra Command & Control Vehicle - in plain khaki color

-3 Multiplayer Missions

1) Operation Storm

2) Saving La Trinite

3) Drug Convoy

-12.7 mm MG, against both ground and air targets

-Mind-boggling survivability against explosions (Cobra is designed against mines and rockets)

-Animated radar antenna (precise start & stop mechanism)

-Animated back door and cargo hatches

-Working full gauge

-Working GPS computer on C&C vehicle

-Aselsan 9600 radio model

-Illumination for gauges and for computers on C&C vehicle

-16 high quality custom audio

-Realistic replica values

-FFUR dust and burning FX

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

Nice bloody work as always.

ditto... the turkish stuff always really impresses me... such quality and eye for detail thumbs-up.gif

*Insert cat whistle and thunderous applause here*

Hope you guys continue to release top quality addons after ArmA comes out. Will be looking foward to it......

Looks great..download now and test it wink_o.gif

Cheers guys!

It's simply fabulous to hear your nice words on Cobra! Thanks! smile_o.gif Yep, we're gonna continue modding for ArmA. As you know ArmA hasn't been released here in Turkey yet. Thus we are madly waiting it like you.

@Major Gripe

why not! thumbs-up.gif As you might notice there are many Cobra versions. We can add other members to the family and release for ArmA for example.

Btw: Have you played the missions online? Maybe we should write down our IP on our website and open a multi game?

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

as with lowlands stuff I always immediatly download Turkish Union addons. great release once again, very nice and clean vehicles.

Well I just tested this in MP with Gokhan and I have to say it is a particularly well polished addon.

My only two gripes are

1. That the gun shield obscures the sight picture on the HMG unless you are aiming downhill

2. The mine resistance trranslates into a bit much protection against other weapons, at one point my Cobra took three 73mm hits from a BMP-1 and still had a teeny bit of armour left.

unfortunatly its hard to do much else than stick a high armour value on it...

you could always stick a script that checks the nearest object for mines, or an incoming missile for rpg's and then accomodate for those instances... but that would require looping scripts etc and would generally detract from the polished nature of this addon.

i still love it smile_o.gif

Hey back,

Imshi-Yallah Posted: Nov. 30 2006,01:55

Quote[/b] ]Well I just tested this in MP with Gokhan and I have to say it is a particularly well polished addon.

My only two gripes are

1. That the gun shield obscures the sight picture on the HMG unless you are aiming downhill

2. The mine resistance translates into a bit much protection against other weapons, at one point my Cobra took three 73mm hits from a BMP-1 and still had a teeny bit of armour left.

Messiah Posted: Nov. 30 2006,02:07

Quote[/b] ]unfortunatly its hard to do much else than stick a high armour value on it...

you could always stick a script that checks the nearest object for mines, or an incoming missile for rpg's and then accomodate for those instances... but that would require looping scripts etc and would generally detract from the polished nature of this addon.

i still love it smile_o.gif

-about gunshield's sight obscuring problem;

This doesn't happen always. It depends on angle and height between cobra and the target. Believe me we did our best to avoid this however if you make it according to the original vehicle you get this result. We even incorporated zoom function using 0 key to ease it a bit more. Thus you can switch between 3rd person, 1st person and 1st person zoomed views.

-about protection;

Right now one rpg rocket makes Cobra unserviceable but doesn't cause explosion and the crew have a chance to eject so. However AT soldier equipped with AT4 launcher or Carl Gustav launcher directly destroys Cobra. I think this is fine for old and faithful ofp smile_o.gif Sticking a script wouldn't fit in the nature of this addon as Messiah expressed. Hope we apply more definitive settings with ArmA.

Thanks guys! Your words really motivate us. thumbs-up.gif

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

I gave the armour a fairly thorough testing earlier and it's a pretty decent set up. Against anything with any sort of explosive shell, e.g. Tank guns, AutoCannons, ATGMs the vehicle gives the crew a second chance to bail out and run...sometimes.

It gives great protection against indirect hits, but is not ridiculously well protected against heavy weapons.

The only downside of this is you can put 1000 rounds of BIS 12.7mm into a Cobra with no visible effect. Otherwise it offers a pretty realistic impression of a battlefield survivability utility vehicle.

Although 3 HMG cobras and a dismount (plus command vehicle) can take on five HD Tonali rebel squads at once without maneuvering and at worst lose one Cobra, generally with the cre w surviving to board another wagon at the end of it.

I think the Tonali Defence Minister will be interested!

Quote[/b] ]The only downside of this is you can put 1000 rounds of BIS 12.7mm into a Cobra with no visible effect.

You can attach a tracer script to it pretty easily.

Ahem,

I meant that the vehicle is undamaged when you shoot it 1000 times with 12.7mm ammunition or anything smaller.

I'm with Imshi here, a tad easy, but then again, perhaps we're just ninjas. tounge2.gif

Nice to see you releasing missions with your addons though, something that needs to be done more often in my opinion.

I'm with Imshi here, a tad easy, but then again, perhaps we're just ninjas. tounge2.gif

Nice to see you releasing missions with your addons though, something that needs to be done more often in my opinion.

I think you are! tounge2.gif

Indeed they are a bit easy cause you know tough missions require more time and effort and most "pre-ninjas" hate them when they can't complete... we would be rather happy if you play our missions more than once. smile_o.gif

I think addons should be released with missions because people downloading them just want to play with them directly in a serious atmosphere rather than monkeying with them in empty islands. It's a natural need to me.

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com