Sign in to follow this  
White_Hat

German Version out!

it is , because securom checks the dvd the whole time you are playing. no wonder it sucks your PCs will to live. banghead.gif

Can anybody confirm that German version can be modded to English same as Czech version?

Do you know any German online stores that ship to Poland (I think amazon doesn't)? I'm sick and tired of waiting for Polish version that will be likely released next year...

it is , because securom checks the dvd the whole time you are playing. no wonder it sucks your PCs will to live. banghead.gif

KND.jpg

MfG Lee mad_o.gif

the german version seems to have a major performance bug. this was stated directly by the publisher morphicon but i dont know how reliable this information is....

true. there seems to be a prob because of SECUROM.

But people in lots of comments are crazy about it and you know what. Morphicon knows about the problem and the official release is on the 30th of NOVEMBER ... in TWO DAYS.

I say ... we know about he PROB but maybe we have a fix there on the 30th ... then everything is OK.

If not then it sucks ... but to wait some days more won't kill anyone.

regards benus

...Just got this from Amazon.de:

----------------------------------------------

[...

"Armed Assault" [Computerspiel]

ALTER PREIS NEUER PREIS

EUR 48,28 EUR 44,12

[/i]

I also received today the same kind of email from my pre order Amazon.de but at a lower price :-)

"Armed Assault" [Computerspiel]

ALTER PREIS NEUER PREIS

EUR 47,33 EUR 43,25

Hope it has already been sent to France...

But i have heared from many people in germany that amazon has often this status. But the game comes on the release date.

Do you mean than Amazon.de usually sends to us starting from the release date or would the game be likely to be received in our personal letter box in the morning of the release date (despite the : "Noch nicht beim Verlag erschienen" at the end of their today email) ?...

Anyway I can wait few more days but I salivate in advance.

Well if i can read my German well enough amazon.de is now telling me I cannot cancel or modify my order as its be prepared to ship. I'm hoping I get it by Friday if I'm lucky.

Munich -> my home = 120 Kilometers

I will have it tomorrow tounge2.gif

Munich-My home

420 Kilometers

Will i have it tomorrow? confused_o.gif

Can anybody confirm that German version can be modded to English same as Czech version?

I'll quote myself  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Will this version of the patcher work on the German or any other release than the Czech Version?

The bin.pbo and language.pbo will be succesfully patched, if they are not updated since the czech release, but it will still display german... because the patcher exchanges "Czech" with "English" (and visa versa), so there will nothing change in the german release.

The campaign and mission pbo files included in the german release are different from the czech release, as they contain german texts and not czech texts, so the patcher will fail to patch those files.

I will release patchers for the german version when I receive my german copy from the shops!

I'll quote myself biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Will this version of the patcher work on the German or any other release than the Czech Version?

The bin.pbo and language.pbo will be succesfully patched, if they are not updated since the czech release, but it will still display german... because the patcher exchanges "Czech" with "English" (and visa versa), so there will nothing change in the german release.

The campaign and mission pbo files included in the german release are different from the czech release, as they contain german texts and not czech texts, so the patcher will fail to patch those files.

I will release patchers for the german version when I receive my german copy from the shops!

I'm sure everyone appreciates your dedication sickboy, thanks from me.

i bought the german version today and can confirm that the performance is horrible...in fact: UNPLAYBLE

there are parts in the game where the FPS drop below 15 even with everything on very low, incl. min. viewdistance (500)! you can imagine what the FPS are like with normal settings...

this is my rig:

athlon 64 x2 4400+

2 gig ram

ati x1900 xt 512mb

i really don't know what to think right now...

doesn't anyone TEST these games before they are released!? also if this is in fact a problem with the copy protection, what kind of message does this send to the honest customers? people who pirate the games will never have to deal with this kind of crap...

i hope this issue will be resolved ASAP or i might be getting myself an eyepatch mad_o.gif

p.s. i know BIS has nothing to do with the copyprotections and this is not supposed to be a complaint directed at BIS

oh my oh my..

ARMA will be so great when all is fixed and finished smile_o.gif

Yep, I'm looking forward to the 505 release in 2007! Meanwhile I am happy to follow all the beta testing in the forums!  tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]no it has SECUROM and 14-20FPS max @ highend systems rofl.gif

sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i bought the german version today and can confirm that the performance is horrible...in fact: UNPLAYBLE

there are parts in the game where the FPS drop below 15 even with everything on very low, incl. min. viewdistance (500)! you can imagine what the FPS are like with normal settings...

this is my rig:

athlon 64 x2 4400+

2 gig ram

ati x1900 xt 512mb

i really don't know what to think right now...

doesn't anyone TEST these games before they are released!? also if this is in fact a problem with the copy protection, what kind of message does this send to the honest customers? people who pirate the games will never have to deal with this kind of crap...

i hope this issue will be resolved ASAP or i might be getting myself an eyepatch mad_o.gif

p.s. i know BIS has nothing to do with the copyprotections and this is not supposed to be a complaint directed at BIS

i cancel my order of my german copy of armed-assault !!!! sad_o.gif

i will save my money confused_o.gifbanghead.gif

Plz bis release a demo confused_o.gif

EDIT:

=======================================

i will try to buy an other version or wait 505game release

Quote[/b] ]i cancel my order of my german copy of armed-assault !!!!

I´m pretty sure we will get a hotfix for Arma from Morphicon very soon. In the runup of Arma release they have reacted quite fast and I guess they´re very motivated to fix that asap.

Quote[/b] ]I´m pretty sure we will get a hotfix for Arma from Morphicon very soon. In the runup of Arma release they have reacted quite fast and I guess they´re very motivated to fix that asap.

I think so too

Maybe on friday because let all the customers alone for a weekend can be fatal for Morphicon (I think many people will give the game back if its unplayble for longer than 3 days)

greetz

.. still cheering over german arma not having starforce? tounge2.gif

.. still cheering over german arma not having starforce? tounge2.gif

Yes! Would not buy a Starforce game. This problem (if it even is for everyone) can be fixed.

I don`t think Securom is the problem for bad performance. huh.gif

I never saw any single game where securom caused lag..... Myabe i'm missing out something but name one game where it was...

I also dont think its securom fault icon_rolleyes.gif

If it is the fault Securom, than there is something wrong.

It must be a bug, and i hope that Morphicon will release a patch (very fast).

Edit:

It may be that Securom have problems with some DVD drives, especialy DVD Writers.

I don`t think Securom is the problem for bad performance. huh.gif

Well the lack of any evidence that points away from it causing the problem suggests otherwise.