Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Tracer & bullef deflection modding fun

Bullet deflection in ArmA is quite impressive, though with default (realistic) values it is sometimes quite hard to notice. But with little bit of config modding, it is a lot more Hollywood-ish smile_o.gif

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6747476817134911604&hl=en

- bullets can deflect multiple times

- deflected bullets can hurt you

- it is moddable per bullet type (a class in cfgAmmo)

Awesome. That reminds me of that popular minigun-tracer video.

Hehe, I'm thinking of the bit in Star Wars where the laser blasts all round that sewage compactor for ages.  whistle.gif

Daniel @ Nov. 26 2006,02:38)]Awesome. That reminds me of that popular minigun-tracer video.

Guess where I got my inspiration for that video tounge2.gif

Yeah, isn't surprising then.  biggrin_o.gif

It'll be cool to see some good tracer addons in ArmA - some of the shots in that mentioned video look as though the choppers are spewing molten lava. pistols.gif

great find feersum.endjinn.

would you mind posting details on how you did that so that i can do it as well? if we cant post snippets yet or anything like that then just PM it to me please.

great find, that looks very fun.

1) Un-raP the config.bin from weapons.pbo

2) edit BulletBase class and set deflecting = 90;

3) pack config.cpp with pboname "weapons.pbo" and prefix "tuuba" (prefix can be anything but prefix used in Arma, maybe pbo name doesn't matter either but haven't tested it)

4) put that pbo into yourmod\addons

5) start ArmA with -mod=yourmod parameter

6) profit!

and optionally

7) get kicked out of MP games for being a cheater

I also set tracer alpha (last value in tracer color array) to 1.0 for maximum brightness.

Nice find Feer, always good to have a poke around in the files to see what you can get.

Have you had any luck with the "tracersEvery = X;" entry? Or even tried changing it for that matter?

Would be AWESOME if it worked, finally we could get rid of the uber-tracers-every-round loadouts that everyone seems to have tounge2.gif

Have you had any luck with the "tracersEvery = X;" entry? Or even tried changing it for that matter?

Would be AWESOME if it worked, finally we could get rid of the uber-tracers-every-round loadouts that everyone seems to have tounge2.gif

No such entry exists by default under cfgAmmo or in whole config.bin in weapons.pbo for that matter.

I tried adding it under cfgAmmo but it didn't help. Maybe it works for cfgMagazines or cfgWeapon, do you know where it is supposed to be?

No such entry exists by default under cfgAmmo or in whole config.bin in weapons.pbo for that matter.

I tried adding it under cfgAmmo but it didn't help. Maybe it works for cfgMagazines or cfgWeapon, do you know where it is supposed to be?

CfgMagazines. I'm not sure does it actually work, but I saw it in the GC Press Kit .hpp files. Here is a piece of the CfgMagazines i found it at:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgMagazines

{

class Default

{

scope= 0;

value = 2;

type = WeaponNoSlot;

simulation = ProxyMagazines; //Might be needed for count and other magazine specific values.

model="";

picture="";

ammo="";

count=1;

tracersEvery= 1; //Tracers at each shot

magazineColour[]= {0,0,0,0}; //RGBA values, displayed as tape on magazines for fast identification

displayName="";

nameSound="";

weight = 0;

maxLeadSpeed=50; // max estimated speed km/h

initSpeed = 100;

reloadAction = "";

useAction = false;

useActionTitle = "";

modelSpecial = "";

class InventoryPlacements {};

class Library

{

libTextDesc = "";

};

};

Altough, it could be something not yet implemented or something dropped from the final game.

I'm not really sure confused_o.gif

I just remember someone who had a preview copy from Leipzig mentioned that they saw the "TracersEvery" entry in a config that they were messing about with.

Edit: There ya go, thanks Sniper smile_o.gif

Here's hopeing that its something that will either "work" or will be patched to work soon!

Nice video.

Reminds me of an warm summer evening in 1993 where we were allowed to load up our M42s will full tracers, because the DIs were bored. Ofcause we ended up having to put out fires all over the range.

Where can i find un-rap? Google started talking about french rap.. crazy_o.gif

Search for Eliteness on OFPEC. Or feersum's ArmA UnBin.

Search for Eliteness on OFPEC. Or feersum's ArmA UnBin.

Thanks, never knew that eliteness could open .bin files smile_o.gif

Daniel @ Nov. 26 2006,01:38)]Hehe, I'm thinking of the bit in Star Wars where the laser blasts all round that sewage compactor for ages. whistle.gif

I just thought that too... woho, great possibilities are in sight ^^

Sorry to drift off-topic, but I like the "darkness" of the night

in that video. The nights in Op. Flashpoint were usually never

very "dark".

Well,is there a way to change size of tracers for bigger weapons(12.7,25,30 mm)?

i unraPed the config.bin to config.pbo.

1) how can i disable ALL riffle and pistol tracert ?.

2) wich tool must i use for re-binarized an cpp file for arma ?

edit: i erase all 7.62/5.45/5.56 tracer color string.

the SD ammo dont have any color specified, so i presume if i delete them from standard ammo , i will disable tracer biggrin_o.gif

stay tuned ...

I hope there is a way to completly rebuild tracers, even rifle tracers are bigger than those we have already. Now they are to thin and to long. Tracers should look like very fast moving thick sparkle not a thin line from muzzle to point of bullet impact.

yes definitly !

i rebuild all my weapons folder, 244MB so , and i put in a @notracer\addons sub folder.

i start the game with -mod=@notracer but i got error message about several stuff "not an array" and i cant enter in 3D world.

Im glad to hear there are ppl that plan to work on it and make ArmA better game. I dont know anything about programing so i cant help them, all i can do is providing advices and youtube vids wink_o.gif

vid1

vid2

Some people who have already played ArmA told that bullets are deflected on grounds, walls of buildings and a surface of the ocean in ArmA. I am glad to hear that and want to know what about on surfaces of armed vehicles? Are bullets deflected on the surface of armed vehicles or just vanished just like in OFP? wink_o.gif