Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Alright here's the AI vs AI vid. Dont have much time so couldnt really prepare the scene sad_o.gif

I'll try to post some better footage during the week smile_o.gif

http://www.filefactory.com/file/e61456/

Its good. That 'bounding overwatch' system is in and it seems to work quite good biggrin_o.gif

Thanks mate wink_o.gif

Ooooow i really want ArmA now crazy_o.gif

Alright here's the AI vs AI vid. Dont have much time so couldnt really prepare the scene sad_o.gif

I'll try to post some better footage during the week smile_o.gif

http://www.filefactory.com/file/e61456/

Sorry, I can see the page with this text :

Quote[/b] ]

File details:

File Name: Shootout.avi

Size: 24.64 MB

Description: No description given

...but where is the download link?

Does anyone have a link (that works) for downloading the Montage video? I don't mean YouTube or GoogleVideo since they decrease the quality when its finally posted.

Awesome, just awsome! Though a human squad wont have problems with the AI´s tactics, they seem to be pretty good. Don´t know if it was surpressive or aimed fire, but it looked kewl. Interesting to see that the AI uses visual cover like the bushes. And they observed different sectors, nice. Will be fun, I want to get the MP-Demo right now, nooow!

Ed: The download-link hides between the advertising somewhere in the middle, just read and you´ll find it!

That looked great, it almost seemed as if that AI dude knew the US troop couldn't see him through that bush and chucked a grenade to suit. Beautiful.

I think the AI should pose a lot more threat to humans now, since these guys weren't afraid to throw the lead around almost the very instant they saw the enemy.

Quote[/b] ] Ed: The download-link hides between the advertising somewhere in the middle, just read and you´ll find it!

thx, it's the link with text "Download for free with FileFactory Basic"

That second video was excellent, Shadak, exactly what I wanted to see.

It's plain to see that the AI only moves up once it is covered by another AI. That is a massive step forward, it really is. They are also amazingly aggressive - the speed at which they advance upon the US forces is frightening, and the use of grenades to flush is fearsome.

One thing I don't understand, though. The first OPFOR to run up and attempt to engage the US seems to stop, while stood, and execute what looks to be a reloading animation. He is cut down when it finishes. Is this a bug, perhaps?

Does anyone have a link (that works) for downloading the Montage video? I don't mean YouTube or GoogleVideo since they decrease the quality when its finally posted.

Check out our new downloads system, we have it there for download - LINK

Cheers wink_o.gif

nice video , looks like the basic ability is there from bis just needs tuning.

i have to say the first guy stands and gets killed because he gets his binos out smile_o.gif arrghhh

and the unit behind him dosent seem to realise his leader is in his line of shot.

Ah right, now I see, the lead guy DOES get his binox out, well spotted oneoff. Fatal mistake!

I can forgive that purely on the grounds that it SEEMS like a relatively innocuous thing to do. Stupid, definitely, but not unbelievable. Still, I hope that it is patched to the point where a soldier with binox does not get them out when spotting a foe under 50m away.

Thank You for great vid Shadak !

I've notice few good thing on this vid and one weird.

+ looks like 2 AI were using move&cover tactic.

+ AI is covering different directions.

+ AI use bushes to hide ( or was it an accident ? tounge2.gif )

+ Nade killed a soldier about 30 feets away ! Thats great ! I hate that frag nades in most shooter has magical 10 feet killing range and no chance at all to get hit by one of shrapnels beyound that magical 10 feet killing zone.

+ Is it me or those two NS AI's were zig-zaging while moving to cover ?

- Notice that front soldier got hit on the begining but he fell down (died) after hiding binoculars animation ended ( or is it me again ? tounge2.gif )

That second video was excellent, Shadak, exactly what I wanted to see.

It's plain to see that the AI only moves up once it is covered by another AI. That is a massive step forward, it really is. They are also amazingly aggressive - the speed at which they advance upon the US forces is frightening, and the use of grenades to flush is fearsome.

One thing I don't understand, though. The first OPFOR to run up and attempt to engage the US seems to stop, while stood, and execute what looks to be a reloading animation. He is cut down when it finishes. Is this a bug, perhaps?

I am having problems downloading. Can you please tell me whether the AI is using cover consistently. ( I am not talking about bushes as concealment). Thank you.

It's not you, Kirq. He definitely goes down AFTER the animation finishes playing. The 3 round burst that kills him actually arrives at between 3 and 4 seconds into the video - he actually falls at about 7 seconds. I can live with this, though.

Wow, great stuff.

The rearguard crawls back, could it be he tried to flank the enemy?

Budd - Yes, they are covering each other consistently. It is not as though, by some happy coincidence, the AI seems to be covering the sector that their squadmate advances into - they ARE covering each other consistently. It is plain to see and when you get to download the video, you'll realise it as well.

Quote[/b] ]

http://www.armedassault.eu/files/ArmA.avi

http://www.armedassault.eu/files/Headshot.avi

http://www.armedassault.eu/files/SFexplosion.avi

http://www.armedassault.eu/files/Traktorderby.avi

http://www.armedassault.eu/files/Penetration.avi

http://www.armedassault.eu/files/Tank.avi

"X2 4600+ (slightly OC'd) , 2GB RAM , Gf7950GX2 1GB VRAM

It runs pretty well 1280x1024 with 2xFSAA on highest details except shadows which he left on medium. " - thats a high end system but shows game is scalable and runs well on mostly full detail.

Best i have seen so far!

hehe, I made these vids.

I can make some more since its not out in some countries yet If someone wants to see particular vehicles/soldiers in action.

yes plz show us some more!

Is it supersonic crack at the begining ?

Shadak, did You noticed while playing ArmA those promised supersonic cracks ?

Budd - Yes, they are covering each other consistently. It is not as though, by some happy coincidence, the AI seems to be covering the sector that their squadmate advances into - they ARE covering each other consistently. It is plain to see and when you get to download the video, you'll realise it as well.

Thanks for replying. I was actually asking whether the AI are taking positions behind solid cover to protect themselves from incoming fire. smile_o.gif

Can you hear officers of other squads giving orders to their squads?

Ahah, sorry Budd, didn't understand the question. There is no hard cover for the squad in the movie to position themselves behind, really, and still be able to assault the enemy. So, in short, I don't know!

With regards to the bullet 'crack', it definitely occurs JUST as the tracers fly past, and with the modelled speed of sound, the rifle's report comes JUST after. So the sequence goes 1. crack+tracer streaming past 2. rifle report. Very interesting.

Anybody notice everyone's speaking English? You can hear the OPFOR squad replacing their leader after he is shot ("...taking command") and orders to target, shouting where the enemy is. It is obviously the radio commands but spoken outside of the radio channel, so you can actually HEAR a squad communicating. Very impressive!

EDIT: You can HEAR the enemy squad - from the video, some of their communication comes through the right sound channel AND at a distance to the other squad chatter (OPFOR) coming through the left sound channel (as they are just to the player's left) AND they are louder. You can hear the enemy squad say "4 is down!" in the video at about 19 seconds in. Man, I'm learning so much more from these videos than the myriad previews we've had!

EDIT 2: We see 4 of the OPFOR run into the small square - I believe the video is 4 vs 4. 1 is felled by an enemy rifle burst about 3 seconds in. 2 and 3 move up, covering each other, towards the enemy. The last we see of 4 is he is crawling back towards the player's (observer) position. Listening to the where the sounds he is producing come from, he moves from left to right channel at the BASE of the screen. You can also hear his heavy breathing. I believe he is moving from left to right and is CROSSING the road in the centre of the screen while prone, which would be a very sensible place to move to cover the other 2 squad members.

With regards to the bullet 'crack', it definitely occurs JUST as the tracers fly past, and with the modelled speed of sound, the rifle's report comes JUST after. So the sequence goes 1. crack+tracer streaming past 2. rifle report. Very interesting.

Anybody notice everyone's speaking English? You can hear the OPFOR squad replacing their leader after he is shot ("...taking command") and orders to target, shouting where the enemy is and "get down". It is obviously the radio commands but spoken outside of the radio channel, so you can actually HEAR a squad communicating. Very impressive!

Yes, You are right : tracer+crack and just after rifle shot. Very impresive !

It is very encouraging vid. It gains if you watch it several times and look for details.