Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Here is a good video with some desert action. I use Harrier sound mod, and some other soundmods.. length 4.25min

filefront or

here are my videos:

the heli videos are without music, sorry

Oh man, if it wasn't scripted, then you fly like a devil!!!

Please kindly ignore the following if you're here for the original purpose of the thread and not my long-winded ramblings.

Please do not ignore moderator's instructions, there's a pinned thread to give your opinion of the game. WL+1

Well after consideration they have deleted my thread but are allowing me to post my video here. Work has already begun on a new film, that will be more balanced and bigger in scope. Anyways, here is the vid, made by myself and a friend over a few days time.

Armed Assault Jihad.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y8B95OAGUWc

And I'd like to point out before anyone thinks with the wrong part of their body, flaming and flamebaiting are not tolerated on this forum and that includes private messages, and I will be exceptionally disappointed if we see any repeat of the kneejerk Fox news mentality hypocrisy that was evident the first time the video was posted.

thumbs-up.gif for the video kinda the same thing I said last night

Lets see some more of it pistols.gif

As controversial as the Jihad video may be, It's still incredible notworthy.gif

Really really well made man thumbs-up.gif

Very well made and gritty video!  thumbs-up.gif

I'm glad it's in the right topic this time tounge2.gif

Looking forward to seeing your other one...Last time I really thought it was live footage for the first 5-10 seconds! Maybe you'll shock me agian with your skills. Here's hoping biggrin_o.gif

xmas_o.gif

Fascinating stuff. Not the political nonsense but the filosophical implications. One wonders where we will be in say 10-20 years.

Here's a video of the new ArmA flight model, along with a look at the recently-released TrackClipPro accessory for the TrackIR.

You can download the video here. I will have a Google Video version up soon as well.

If you don't care about the TrackIR (for shame!wink_o.gif , skip to ~1m40s for the Littlebird flight. I didn't take any footage of the other helos, but rest assured that their flight models are MUCH improved. You won't see the bigger helos doing the kind of acrobatics that you can pull off with a Littlebird - at least not unless they're quite high up off the ground at the time.

yay.gif

Here's a video of the new ArmA flight model, along with a look at the recently-released TrackClipPro accessory for the TrackIR.

You can download the video here. I will have a Google Video version up soon as well.

If you don't care about the TrackIR (for shame!wink_o.gif , skip to ~1m40s for the Littlebird flight. I didn't take any footage of the other helos, but rest assured that their flight models are MUCH improved. You won't see the bigger helos doing the kind of acrobatics that you can pull off with a Littlebird - at least not unless they're quite high up off the ground at the time.

yay.gif

nice video. smile_o.gif

The flight model looks very much improved, still not very realistic but much much better than it is right now. Can't wait to get that patch!

I didn't see much rudder use, like turning the chopper around on its axis, does it have that or do you still have to bank to turn?

Well after consideration they have deleted my thread but are allowing me to post my video here. Work has already begun on a new film, that will be more balanced and bigger in scope. Anyways, here is the vid, made by myself and a friend over a few days time.

Armed Assault Jihad.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y8B95OAGUWc

Do you realize, that if someone will "accidently" send this link to any TV media, your "art" and ARMA game itself might get QUITE A LOT of worldwide attention wink_o.gif

(and free advert wink_o.gif )

Yeah, possibly world wide negative attention, and considering its not released or have a publisher in many parts of the world that may be bad so no ideas. But it is a well made video, I look forward to the next one. xmas_o.gif

Yeah, possibly world wide negative attention, and considering its not released or have a publisher in many parts of the world that may be bad so no ideas. But it is a well made video, I look forward to the next one. xmas_o.gif

Many singers and stars build their careers on this kind of advert (they provocate, show naked, do things that normal people would never do) just to get some attention so people talk about it.

And that equals to be succesfull when people give you their time, it increases sales..... see Madonna for example or open some magazine on random page wink_o.gif

Also that video technically is yet far from ideal, its average and its just provocating with its content.

If you want to see a good video, i can find you one.

Thanks for that video! The new chopper dynamics looks a bit better I guess, but without pulling off a lot more manoeuvres I cannot say just in a simple flight video!

A few questions about this new clip pro! I currently use the standard clip attached to the top of my headphones. Apart from looking much cooler is there any other advantage in this new clip? Also is that a wire I see coming from it? Where does it go? Does it have batteries? Is it less likely to loose contact with the sensor etc. Or is it just another cool 'must have' new device to show off all your friends?

My wife has got quite used to me looking like a butterfly with the old clip on top of my headphones so this is not an issue for me!  biggrin_o.gif

As always great video Dslyecxi. New flight model looks better. Cant wait to check it.

Quote[/b] ]As controversial as the Jihad video may be, It's still incredible notworthy.gif

Really really well made man thumbs-up.gif

Thanks alot, and our next one will hopefully be better in many ways.

Quote[/b] ]Very well made and gritty video! thumbs-up.gif

I'm glad it's in the right topic this time tounge2.gif

Looking forward to seeing your other one...Last time I really thought it was live footage for the first 5-10 seconds! Maybe you'll shock me agian with your skills. Here's hoping biggrin_o.gif

hehe well im glad that it fooled you for a little while, we spent alot of time trying to make it as real as possible, as real as you can get with a game anyways. Theres more we could have done to it I guess but it would have taken alot more time and its hard watching real terrorist videos, it kind of gets to you after a while.

Quote[/b] ]Do you realize, that if someone will "accidently" send this link to any TV media, your "art" and ARMA game itself might get QUITE A LOT of worldwide attention wink_o.gif

(and free advert wink_o.gif )

haha that would be great, someone send it! id Like to be called in for an interview and give Bill O'Reilly a piece of my mind. Never going to happen though.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, possibly world wide negative attention, and considering its not released or have a publisher in many parts of the world that may be bad so no ideas. But it is a well made video, I look forward to the next one.

Yeah but it worked out pretty well for GTA, thanks to the media attention more copies were sold and all the kids found out how to unlock the sex scene lol. Thanks for the nice words about the video. Next one should be done in a few weeks.

Quote[/b] ]Many singers and stars build their careers on this kind of advert (they provocate, show naked, do things that normal people would never do) just to get some attention so people talk about it.

And that equals to be succesfull when people give you their time, it increases sales..... see Madonna for example or open some magazine on random page wink_o.gif

Also that video technically is yet far from ideal, its average and its just provocating with its content.

If you want to see a good video, i can find you one.

Well he had seen enough videos praising America and wanted to do something different. Maybe show the other side. Im always up for watching a good video, if you find one post it.

Quote[/b] ]Here's a video of the new ArmA flight model, along with a look at the recently-released TrackClipPro accessory for the TrackIR.

very nice video for track ir smile_o.gif.

i wonder if you could please focus on how the chopper is responding in relation to the ,flight stick /keyboard.

would like to see it from the setting up of keys and camera focusing on your flightstick/keyboard input.

track ir is very nice and it was hard to write this and avoid so many inuendos about hand movements and choppers and cameras ,

ty

Well presented as always Dslyecxi. thumbs-up.gif

Just out of curiosity could you clarify what method of control you were using (keyboard and mouse, or Joystick).

I would like to see this in 3rd person view, as I feel it might better showcase the flight model improvements, I don't suppose you take requests do you. whistle.gif

xmas_o.gif

yay.gif

as some have already asked: did you use joystick or mouse/keyboard? i would like to see what your throttle settings are, for getting a better feel for the new flight model. what i saw, i have to say, i think i liked the old model better, the new one just seem so...easy - the helicopter just moves a bit like on rails (i know its a littlebird but it has some inertia too). i am missing (therefore i would like to see throttle) the height-loss wich is bound to all the maneuvres you executed, and also a bit the drift, if you lean your heli sideways

good video, but i felt a bit dizzy afterwards with all the trackIR head shaking wink_o.gif

Excellent video Dslyecxi,illustrates the upgraded flight model quite well and I would have to say I'm rather impressed with it,barrel rolls and backwards loops,its definatly a huge upgrade and I am even more eager to try it.

I am curious though,why no other helicopter footage for a visual demonstration?

What would you recommend the AH-1Z's maneuverability on a good to bad scale,and considering your comment of larger helicopters not being able to do the same thing,I take it the Mi-17 can barely if at all do any rolls?

I used a joystick for all of that. It's pretty hard to get a good feel for the helo's inertia from a video, but my impression is that it is much improved over previous FM's. The 1.02 patch (which looks like it will be available today to the public) also added a few more nice tweaks to the helo FM's. Once you get in-game and take a flight with the Hip, KA-50, and Littlebird, you'll quickly see how the FM has been improved to reflect the weight/maneuverability on all helos accordingly.

With the 1.02 patch practically here, I don't think it'd be worth it to record a video showing my control inputs - those that have a Czech/German copy can just give it a go and see how they like it. I'm guessing that most everyone will enjoy the changes.

great news!!!! i hadnt expected the patch for another 2 weeks or so...even if it doesnt get releaed today im happy smile_o.gif

i luv you guys, ever since the ofp 1.0 demo came out looong ago biggrin_o.gif

(im already telling people that operation flaspoint->now arma is my own personal game since it just has the right feeling, and that i will buy BIS if i had enough money wink_o.gif )

I am curious though,why no other helicopter footage for a visual demonstration?

Exactly notworthy.gif