Sign in to follow this  
akaunionjack

IS 2007 TO LONG ?

Play OGame and you will never have the need to sleep to kill the time in the meanwhile. tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Klavan

Edit

Seriously: i will wait 'till 505 will put Arma on the shelves. 'till then i'm going to enjoy my life......you know: friends, girlfriend and all that similar distractions.

Well....it would appear us here in Canada have no flippin choice but to WAIT!!!.....and quite frankly I have just about had enough of the waitng game. I wiil NOT buy a German/Polish/(insert counrty here) release and I am real close to saying to &^*& with BIS. I think they have dropped the ball on this one...especially with the North American market. I simply cannot understand why BIS just did not go for a digital release...did they not have enough confidence in thier product??? to hire some one to setup the online distibution?? All I know is I am tired of it all...and I say piss or get off the pot!!! banghead.gif

I simply cannot understand why BIS just did not go for a digital release...did they not have enough confidence in thier product??? to hire some one to setup the online distibution?? All I know is I am tired of it all...and I say piss or get off the pot!!! banghead.gif

Look.. Arma deserves to be put on store shelves first, the amount of online purchases would problably be too small for a game like this. Its not like BIS doesnt want the game to be distributed worldwide, im positive that some NA publisher will realise how great of a product Arma is and how much it can sell if advertising campaigns and distribution is done wright!

All this game needs is major advertising, they need to show off and let people know that Arma is... the one inlove.gif . This requires a decent publisher and investment.

So if you are unhappy blame the labels that are letting the pearl slip... dont make it harder on BIS than it problably already is.

I will buy german version first, and when released get the UK version aswell.

I am with Heatseeker on this one. Advertising is what counts. You can create the best game ever, but if only a minority knows you wont get the big bucks.

And common be honest, do you really expect a publisher to release it as fast as possible just to keep to "true" fans happy? Offcourse not, they will buy anyhow, its the newbies they want (like me xmas_o.gif ) and that requires more hyping than what has been done so far IMHO

But those are my 1.2 cents.

Buy a German copy?huh.gif! Why? .... I'm English FCOL! I think I can manage to wait 'till February '07!  whistle.gif

I've just ordered my copy from amazon.de I'm impatient for the game and a little disappointed BIS and the publishers could not have worked out an online deal for forum members. I'm sure it wont take long until a mod to convert the strings to english is available

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 31 2006,23:22)]If 2007 is too long, go order it here

<link removed> - Placebo.

Nice initiative Sobr smile_o.gif I'm considering buying a german copy.

I'm still worried how they're gonna handle DX10, can you play with a DX10 machine the older DX9 games, or? I am buying dx10 pc in the summer... would be sad if arma wouldn't be playable then sad_o.gif

just on a technicality DX10 is not actually backwards compatible, however Vista (the only O/S which will support DX10) will include a version of DX9 so that you can play most older games.

I have to admit i'm a little puzzled by 505's approach to this.

They have a large community that is ravenous for the game already but they are holding back so they can do an ad campaign.

Bis have been promoting the game themsleves for the past few months and word is already out about it.

Wouldn't it be more prudent of them to release the game asap, so they can then use the reveue from that to pay for a more intensive promotional campaign in the near future.

They have a community that is chomping at the bit to get hold of it, so why not use that immediate cash.

I'm not a marketing manager, so its just speculation, if anyone out there is, I apologise for any perceived ignorance on my part.

smile_o.gif

For me waiting until Feb next year means the start of a new semester of Study and work.

I'll probably buy someone elses game over the break and get into that, and hope i don't get bored or otherwise of the concept of ArmA, Probably not, but won't have anywhere near as much time to play it over the summer holidays (Southern Hemisphere: Australia)

Due to the possibility that Bohemia Interactive could be accused of liability as a result of any conflict or disagreement that result from transactions between 3rd party companies advertising on official Bohemia Interactive forums it has been decided that we cannot condone or allow any advertising by 3rd parties offering commercial services of any kind.

Hey Maddmat im also from South Africa and waited 5 years for Arma since I began playing OFP wink_o.gif Jy afrikaans by enige kans?

Hey Maddmat im also from South Africa and waited 5 years for Arma since I began playing OFP wink_o.gif Jy afrikaans by enige kans?

I'm not afrikaans, and I am not very good at it tounge2.gif . I'ts not often you see someone from SA on OFP forums, I have yet to actually meet someone in person who actually has heard about ArmA. I've been waiting for 4 years, since I only got into OFP in 2002 when Resistance came out. Hopefully SAIX will set up a local server and we can have some MP games with low ping smile_o.gif .

just on a technicality DX10 is not actually backwards compatible, however Vista (the only O/S which will support DX10) will include a version of DX9 so that you can play most older games.

OT: You wouldn't be "bazooka" from GRAW mp who kept tk'ing everyone by any chance?

I'm getting Armed Assault from bol.de, thus ordering it in Germany.

They should send it to me when it's released there, 30.11.

Once the English version is out I might get that as well.

Does anyone know whether the special edition will also be sold in English ? I'm Dutch, by the way.

Thank you.