Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

G36 for once and for all

BIS please post g36 stats compared to m16, ak74, m21, dragunov for kill power, range, vibration, zoom.

I don't care if the g36 is post-1985, as long as it doen't unbalance the game, or turn it into another rouge spear (WAY too many eapons, all exceedingly deadly) And from people's comments, it seems too. Without official stas, the arguments about it can't be proved.

Thanks BIS for making a great game, and PLEASE add FAMAS and M249!

...and don't forget to add the BFG10K biggrin.gif

I think the Steyr AUG in OFP is equally in firepower as the G36.

Both rifles seems to have a bit more 'stopping power' than the rest.

But no need to change that. I love the G36 as it is wink.gif

The only bad thing I can think of about the G36 is that it should have been an AG-3 (G3A3) instead. But that only me wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Jan. 27 2002,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...and don't forget to add the BFG10K biggrin.gif

I think the Steyr AUG in OFP is equally in firepower as the G36.

Both rifles seems to have a bit more 'stopping power' than the rest.

But no need to change that. I love the G36 as it is wink.gif

The only bad thing I can think of about the G36 is that it should have been an AG-3 (G3A3) instead. But that only me wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Except the G36 in the game can quite often around half the time kill a guy with a single shot to the foot. It has the same stopping power as the M2 in the game. And the recoil is weak = easier to aim follow up shots.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Jan. 27 2002,08:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS please post g36 stats compared to m16, ak74, m21, dragunov for kill power, range, vibration, zoom.

I don't care if the g36 is post-1985, as long as it doen't unbalance the game, or turn it into another rouge spear (WAY too many eapons, all exceedingly deadly) And from people's comments, it seems too. Without official stas, the arguments about it can't be proved.

Thanks BIS for making a great game, and PLEASE add FAMAS and M249!<span id='postcolor'>

Are you talking about how these rifles compare in OFP, or Real Life? The two aren't necessarily the same...

I mean in-game weapons stats. Is there a way to find them without BIS help?

BTW, Kegety's desert everon ROCKS! (pun intended)

they make for some superb firefights.

A: it is more powerful than the sniper rifles

B: it is more ACCURATE than the other rifles (tested this)

C: it shakes less than the rest.. standing up the G36 shakes about the same as being prone with any other weapon.

it makes ofp rathe Rogue spearish because between the extreme accuracy, power and lack of shake you can kill people from much much farther away than with any other weapon.. its also unrealistic compared to IRL (duh)

the G36 is to OFP what the Rocketlauncher was to Quake 1..

I'm not complaining but the g36 is probably the most acurate rifle.

Yea, it has its advantges. But it sure as hell also have it disadvatages.

It is really loud, so you can, with a good soundcard, pinpoint where the enemy is laying.

The tracers are also very often used. Actually.... Every shot is a tracer, so its also easy to see where the enemy is hiding.

One of the reasons why its so acurate is because of the scope. And no. It doesnt kill in one shot all of the times.

Think its the 7.62mm version of the g36 that is used in the game that would show in the greater killing power and louder noise when fired.

In RL the G36 is very accurate for a .223 caliber weapon, at 400m an average shooter should be able to place his shots in a relatively small area. Even at 600m dropping training targets with the first bullet is not difficult.

Ingame the damage modeling of G36 .223 bullet needs to be looked over, as dying from a hit in the leg or foot instantly seems quite wrong to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Feb. 05 2002,05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I love the G36....nice weapon.....<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm you love G3 in the game. The army of Cyprus uses the same weapons so l know em a bit. They are defencive weapons and they have some bad points like they tend to overheat a lot and stuck and also dirt goes easily in the champer.

...as I said earlier; It should have been the G3A3 instead of the G36 wink.gif