Sign in to follow this  
IDF-Godzilla

Flying in ArmA

How is the flying and operating air vehicles gona changes in compare to OFP, could we get more options in the aircraft or making a barrel roll at least inlove.gif .

from the video looks like we are gonna have less noobs and smart farts piloting!

weeeee THANK you BIS! yay.gif

edit:

i was severely forced to edit my post in order to provide a link for the Anti-Searchers:

link (32.1MB, contains shocking sceens, chopper accuracy )

No smile_o.gif

Try searching, it's not exactly old.

I'm most intrested to know if there going to be fetures like a realistic HUD displays and flight-combat options like in a real simulator (Lock-On for example with different HUD displays for different weapon sets etc...).

Yeah you can do barrel rolls with plane.

If you play with a mouse in OFP, your helicopter had a lot of intertia it was pretty hard to stop it and was flying like a pendulum.

In Arma the helicopters are as reactive as you can move the rotor, so you can quickly stop it or accelerate. If you over torque (is that it?) the rotor or blade you can lost the air hold and go to the ground.

If you over torque (is that it?) the rotor or blade you can lost the air hold and go to the ground.

to add that i personally want the pedals to have animation xmas_o.gif

hihi

I'm hoping the flight model of helos and planes has been improved (or better: made harder). Currently it is, well let's say, a bit arcardish and far to easy.

I'm hoping the flight model of helos and planes has been improved (or better: made harder). Currently it is, well let's say, a bit arcardish and far to easy.

Taking into account that OFP didn't have joystick support from the start, I think they had a reason to make the flight models the way they are... I still prefer flying choppers with the good old keyboard... Talking about keyboard, since BIS acknowledged the fact that a keyboard has many buttons that can function as direct orders in ArmA, I bet they also took into account that people want to fly with joysticks... So I wonder what it'll take to take to the air in ArmA...

I am personally looking forward to advanced controls and using my SAITEK X52 joystick, Saitek Flight rudder pedals , and Track IR to make me uber pilot of devastation. Look for me to be Powning tanks with extreme pin point accuracy .

Good BLess SAITEK and Bohemia Interactive! yay.gif

The video bravo 6 posted doesn't work for me. Everytime I finished downloading it I get an message saying "Error-108". Is there somewhere else I can go to watch it?

I heard somewhere what's about flying it wouldn't be sim,but would be like Battlefield (an usual control)

I am personally looking forward to advanced controls and using my SAITEK X52 joystick, Saitek Flight rudder pedals , and Track IR to make me uber pilot of devastation. Look for me to be Powning tanks with extreme pin point accuracy .

Good BLess SAITEK and Bohemia Interactive! yay.gif

Slighty OT, but DERRICKLBECK, did you just register to this forum to promote Saitek? Cause it does look that way.. In other threads too, you talk about how good Saitek is..

Can we turn around own axis 360° free in the plane in ArmA??

(2 Placebo: this is not individual question wink_o.gif )

man i loved the air controls in ofp but some others didn't.. tounge2.gif

just hope they haven't made the air controls to messy biggrin_o.gif

just haited it in bf1942 mod desert combat where chopppers where almost impossible to fly without many many hours of practice, they did improve it a bit more in bf vietnam and bf 2 but i still hope in arma i won't have to hold my every finger on every key on the keyboard to control choppers whistle.gif

I wonder how fast the aircraft can come up to? and if they put in any extra stuff into the aircraft like todays addon aircrafts got?

any1 know if i can steer the chopper with the mouse like i could do in ofp? smoothness that was notworthy.gif

I want it to as much as sim as possible, but I´m more than happy with the new upgraded flightmodel.

Bless my CH..... whistle.gif

I want it to as much as sim as possible, but I´m more than happy with the new upgraded flightmodel.

Bless my CH..... whistle.gif

yeah, old flight model was very easy confused_o.gif

It certainly would far more exciting to listen to the hum of a sidewinder warhead tracker than constantly keep right-clicking everything.. yay.gif

Ah the joys of spinning uncontrollably while trying to fly and land together...good times..

Can that actually happen in Armed Assault? Such as if I were to clip a mountain with my wing, would the wing fall off, or would I just blow up?

Can that actually happen in Armed Assault? Such as if I were to clip a mountain with my wing, would the wing fall off, or would I just blow up?

Explode tounge2.gif

you go boom if you hit it too hard. I believe AA will have the tail rotor failure effect. I know in OFP:E in one of the later missions with the blackhawk I hit a tree and suddenly the helicopter started spinning alot,somehow I managed to finish that mission with the busted tail rotor. Another example would be when I dipped a CH-47 too deep in the water,the tail rotor slowed down enough that it was below the speed needed to get the rotor blur effect goin,so it spun but with the model piece. The Chinook was also spinning around too.

And DERRICKLBECK is such not so intellectual gamer lingo needed? confused_o.gif *Sigh* I'm going to kill somebody one day for saying that stupid stuff on this game online.