Sign in to follow this  
tylerdurden

Woman soldiers

I have watched numerous videos and screenshots of ArmA and I just realized, there is only men in the game. There is many women in today's battlefield (Actually, was in WWII, too). That would be realistic improvement to Arma and in the plus side, it could bring some ladies in the game. inlove.gif

This sadly falls into the category of children,for some reason people tend to frown if they see woman and children able to be shot in a game. In all honesty I wouldn't mind shooting another woman in the head if it meant my life or hers,nor would any male get any mercy. This who gender difference is bull,we are all human,seeing a woman die is no worse than seeing a man die in my opinion.

A child on the other hand...I'd rather not endure that which soldiers must see in reality. I doubt BIS would put them in there,after. Who in their right mind would want to kill child? A gown up,a soldier is an of course target but children? Eeeh..nah.

There is one screenshot of a female TV presenter.

Could you please give examples of when woman have fought as soldiers in the frontlines (WW2 and modern warfare)?

Their usually not on the front lines,for some reason its as if the military (US in this case) will not let them be on the front lines much.

smilie There are alot of medic soldiers that are females.

That does not mean there are none. I'm still waitin to see a female general,seems that in history as time goes whenever female figures are mentioned in power they make the males look like wimps...anyway,getting back to topic.

Woman doesn't belong on the battlefield.

Not becuase they are bad soldiers, they simply make their friendly male soldiers worse. This is due to the instinc of man, and the fact that the male soldier will take his focus on a wounded friendly soldier instead of doing his job. Risking his own life = 2 casualties.

This is why you don't see many female soldiers in modern war as well. If they are stationed in war they are usually at 'rear with the gear'.

Thats the guys fault for not being able to concentrate,humanity has had no trouble denying their instinct and fighting it,there is no reason that should be an excuse.

Thats the guys fault for not being able to concentrate,humanity has had no trouble denying their instinct and fighting it,there is no reason that should be an excuse.

Well, that is the way world works. The battlefield would be a very crappy place for men to start ignoring their instincs smile_o.gif - those are what makes the soldier able to function under stressful situations.

You can't deny your instincts - since they are not placed in your voluntary part of your brain.

But you can make the decision to ignore them (if you have the control to do so) Lets take an example..say your on the highway and your instinct acts funny,something is telling you to not pull out but you do and wind up in a wreck. Not the best example. When it comes to war there is usually one main instinct,and that is to survive. If I had to choose between helping a friendly or killing an enemy at the same time I'd have to take the enemy and then try to help my friendly,it would be a waste to do so first and risk being killed while your friend would just bleed to death.

This sadly falls into the category of children,for some reason people tend to frown if they see woman and children able to be shot in a game. In all honesty I wouldn't mind shooting another woman in the head if it meant my life or hers,nor would any male get any mercy. This who gender difference is bull,we are all human,seeing a woman die is no worse than seeing a man die in my opinion.

A child on the other hand...I'd rather not endure that which soldiers must see in reality. I doubt BIS would put them in there,after. Who in their right mind would want to kill child? A gown up,a soldier is an of course target but children? Eeeh..nah.

How can woman be like children.. Woman are grown woman who recruit into the army, its only relistic that they be there.. you get woman civilns and give them guns thats nothing so why not give them a uniform too huh.gif

there nothing like children.. woman die in iraq, afganistan.. its not like children being recuited into the army then dieing.. thats wrong but it happens in places in the world confused_o.gif

Aside from what was mentioned as I said before,some people just seem to frown on the idea of women being in militaries.

Could you please give examples of when woman have fought as soldiers in the frontlines (WW2 and modern warfare)?

Look at russian snipers in WWII at here: Best snipers in the history

(F) denotes Female sniper

In both Iraqi war were female soldiers.

Take a look of these links for example: Femalesoldier

Washington Post

Washington Post

Or just write "Female soldier" in the google

PS. I don't like shooting women, also. smile_o.gif

LMFAO, where do you come from?

Today, female soldiers (at frontlines) is pretty common. Not as common as male soldiers, but there is females.

WWII... In Sweden I don't even think women we're allowed to join the army tounge2.gif

Not sure about other countries

Anyways, I think it's more about, in a game, it's OK for a lady to shoot a man, but when it's the other way around they'll start bitching about discrimination.

And we'll just blame it on their periods but meh tounge2.gif

Nah, but I think that's the reason, that women and children is more innocent then men.

As you often hear on news when guerillas rage trough villages (western news) or that the occuping forces rage trough villages (eastern news) and kills, not only men, but women and children. More innocent, that's it.

Just my .03. Or is it .02?

JW

i saw in a movie once a female blackhawk or was it a huey transport? im unsure but i know women are in support roles like medics at field hospitals and driving cargo trucks and stuff in the rear. Or desktop jobs. i think there will be more women in the future in the us and other armies. i don't know if bis has put female soldiers but i know women civilians are there, i saw a femalre reporter in a video once. Anyways i gues community will maybe do something some time later on.

Actually in some countries there is also childsoldiers, sadly. But why games are so conservative? Why war should be pretty in the game, it is not pretty IRL. Look some warmovies, they are not pretty to watch if they are realistic.

lol espectro.. I'm nor a fan of nor somebody how dislikes women being in the military, but really... do you think male soldiers are getting horny or what when there are female soldiers around in a gunfight? biggrin_o.gif

If there is someone wounded, being it male or female they have to be secured, alike of what gender there are - and there won't be prioritys because of a gender.

Indeed,are you afraid of being stripped of your clothing in a professional enviroment with no means to sex or foreplay when your life is in danger or would you prefer to stay fully clothes and die?

As for the discrimination,I'm guessing that was sarcasm.

A soldier is a soldier,a target in a vehicle or uniform of the opposite side,I don't care about gender,be it male or female,if they have a weapon then I'm probably going to try to take them out. Unless they have armored support,then I'm going to run my ass off and look for cover.

Anyway, back to the game. This is one of those features that falls by the way side, understandably, due to time/resources.

i really dont understand the point of this thread.

We were told already that no small, tall, fat etc humans including children would exist in arma. Im sure Women will be moded so whats the big deal?

nothing is perfect..

Correct me if I am wrong but OFP has female face textures and modified head models that you could choose from in the character profile. So in so doing you would have yourself a female soldier.

Correct me if I am wrong but OFP has female face textures and modified head models that you could choose from in the character profile. So in so doing you would have yourself a female soldier.

exactly, thats what i also thought.

Yeah, there were female civilians in OFP.

We released a female medic within our Basic Pack which was based on those females and there was also some guy creating new female soldiers models based on our work. Should be somewhere in this forum.

And we'll definately have female soldiers in our mod for ArmA (model is already done), but I don't know if there will be more then e.g. female medics. Perhaps someone will use our work as a base for additional work in ArmA, too.

Thre are a hell off a lot off women in the forces, the british forces anyway. I think they have a place in reality but in Arma i think it's a bit pointless, i dont think the ability to shoot women will make the game more immersive, a soldier in arma will serve a pourpose as a target for you to shoot not a political statement of sexual equality