Sign in to follow this  
IGFs TopGun

Repeating messages when someone dies

Please tell me this is going to be fixed. I have only noticed this since the 1.40 patch. To my knowledge the only way around that is to disable all AI slots not taken.

Anyone notice this bug?

In what kind of mission did this happen? MP or SP? Can you more describe it please?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from medvidek on 5:01 pm on Jan. 3, 2002

In what kind of mission did this happen? MP or SP? Can you more describe it please?

<span id='postcolor'>

I have only noticed this on our MP missions, haven't played too many SP missions lately.

I believe it happens when the AI controls the leader. If someone dies you get the repeating message. I noticed on other boards that if a person controls the leader they can call for a status and this might cancel the repeated message.

I haven't tried being the squad leader to see if this actually works but I'll try it tonight and see what happens

(Edited by IGFs TopGun at 6:22 pm on Jan. 3, 2002)

It happend to me too, so I killed the AI and then I started spamming in place of the dead AI, so killing the AI will just make U hear a new voice.

Of course, it might not be soldier number 2. It might be soldiers 3 through 12 just the same. This could happen in both SP and MP games.

Several players have reported this problem after upgrading to OFP version 1.40. I recall less than a handful of players reporting this soon after OFP came out in June 2001.

One OFP player found a solution that worked for him. Select the dead soldier's corresponding FUNCTION key (for example, F2 for soldier number 2), select STATUS (option 5) from the COMMAND MENU and then select IS DOWN (option 8). This should put a halt to the repeating messages.

************* THIS IS NOT WORKING *************

beleve me the only solution is to put the radio volume to 0...

I think it append when a player disconnect after been killed... If you are the Leader you will automaticly start reporting dead status... if its ai (or if you die) the next alive player or AI will report it (usually number 2) This bug has really been introduced in 1.4

This particular bug seems to have a higher frequence now in 1.40. I noticed it roughly 5/100 when i was 1.30, but now (1.40) its more like 40/100.

This is how it is for me...

1. Its always in Multiplayer, and mainly Coopmissions. Im not sure if it is in both user- and original missions though.

2. Its always soldier number 2 that is reported.

3. Its has only occured when I play as leader (but I mostly do), and its never me (the leader) that reports in the status of number 2, its always someone else (of the AI-soldiers).

4. Ive noticed that when this bug occurs the number beneath the graphic of the soldier (in the bottom of the screen) disappears but the graphics doesnt. Its seems to me that this "bottom-screen-statusbar" isnt properly updated. (Can someone confirm this?)

5. When I try the "F2, 6, ...is down"-sequence nothing happens. And it doesnt show up in the messagebar either (as if I´ve never given the order). But everything else that I do functions as it should and shows up in the messagebar (e.g if I tell another soldier to report his status, it works fine).

This is a most annoying bug! Sneaking around in in multiplayer coop as a BlackOp, hearing nothing but "...2 is down", "...2 is down", "...2 is down", "####...2 is down", "oh no...2 is down", "...2 is down"....so on and so forth...., isnt exactly fun. IMO it destroys most of the playability (as the sound of this game is really great and atmospheric and sometimes a "must") and therefore I consider it a big phat bug that should be taken care of a.s.a.p.

The number dissapears but the guy is left for me 2, if U R tired of the sound just press [ESC] press options, press audio options and then drag the radio as low as U can. Then U will only see the spamming but not hear the sound all the time.

I get this radio bug every second MP game i play sad.gif .

It can happen on any map. ( coop is the worst because in CTF when the player respawns and the repeating message stops, but in coop there is no respawn so it can go on, untill the rest of the game)

Same problem here.

I play mostly leader in coop mp games with friends and no ai in our team and every second or third time a player dies the endless message repeating begins, no matter if it was soldier 2 or 3 or 4...

I hope this will be fixed very fast because this is the most annoying bug i ever found. sad.gif

Fox

It's ok if you play CTF or DM. When u report your position he shuts his mouth. In Co-op he won't shut his mouth. One way is to select player and order him something else but this is not working always.

Yes, this is quite annoying, could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and so forth... smile.gif

I never had this bug in V1.0-1.3 but had it a few times in V1.4 when playing online - it only happened in Coop because that`s the only mode I like to play.

We are investigating this problem and working on a fix. I cannot tell yet when the fix will be available

See also 1.2x forum Topic for related information.

LOL - that's funny. If you have A.D.D., then it IS useful! wow.gif

Wow 1.42 is out - and?

It started with a crash

The server where i decided to test 1.42 in MP

went down after 5 minutes (btw 1.40 also started

with a crash when i tried it in december)

OK i thought, didn't we all crash when trying our

first steps on feet, so i tried one more game...

and?

Oh no ...2 is stillllllllllllllllllllllllll down

Oh sorry - maybe i understood something wrong,

because i'm from Austria and my english seems not

to be good enough to understand: "oh no ... is down

is fixed now"

Or does this really mean that the lovely info-message

about a guy who is down and down again should be

sorted out?

Could it be that BIS created the readme before making

the patch itself, and then just forgot to .....?

What a luck, i backed up my OFP 1.3 folder before i upgraded

to 1.42, so it didn't take to long to step back to an

acceptable level of gameplay.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DV Chris Death @ Jan. 18 2002,07:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It started with a crash

The server where i decided to test 1.42 in MP

went down after 5 minutes

Oh no ...2 is stillllllllllllllllllllllllll down<span id='postcolor'>

What was the version of the server you were connecting to? If it crashed, can you please send context.bin and Flashpoint.rpt files to support@bistudio.com?

Well version of server was 1.42 (non-dedicated)

btw i'm playing often on this server, because it's

a member of our clan, so i could also tell him to

send the files to you.

I'll send my files, when i arrive home from work.

I still get the '2 is down' as well.

Got it yesterday in two different sessions, both times Coop missions.

After updating to 1.42 (where I also got 2 messages like this error in MP missions) I modified the filters.txt of ASE according to this thread in MP-Forum to get only 1.42 sessions.

On the first server there were 4 other players which all stated, that they have 1.42.

On the second session I was alone with the host of the game (so I suppose it was not a ded. server).

This isn't a new bug that came with 1.3/1.4.

I had this bug at a lan when I first got this game on 1.0, pre 1.1 times.

When you play online and someone DIDNT UPGRADED TO 1.42 the bug will remain... I think BIS shouldnt allow version compatibilty bettween 1.4 and 1.42

There have always been complaints when new versions weren't compatible with existing ones, and since this affects a single bug that is only encountered under a specific set of circumstances, I have no problem with V1.40 and V1.42 being able to communicate.

An entry in the Dedicated Server configuration file that mimicks the functionality of the requiredVersion function in the scripting language would be very useful, however.