Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Su-24 Fencer addon

I forgot that Su-24 has no built-in cannon :/

Su-24 HAS a buils-in cannon. GSh-6-23 rotary 23mm cannon.

@ Footmunch

Please take a look at painting scheme of Su-24 here: http://aerofencer.narod.ru/skhema.htm Maybe it'll be useful for you.

And could you please make a Su-24 version with dumb and/or casset bomb load (FAB-100/250, RBK)? Pls look on this foto:

Hawker Hunter -Beta

Ohh, could you maybee provide me with a link for that one? crazy_o.gifhuh.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Fridays without Footmunch`s planes are not good Fridays!

Thanks for your work.

Footmunch it seems the SU-24 need more thrust, or maybe the model is to heavy (i dont have a clue of planes biggrin_o.gif )

The plane should be able to take off (without useing the elevator), from a airport (like the one in the north of everon) with "flaps down" at a speed of 240 km/h (like BIS SU-25 or A10).

I know its a beta till now, but i hope it wont be a beta for long time. wink_o.gif

Ohh, could you maybee provide me with a link for that one?  crazy_o.gif  huh.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Ask and ye shall recieve, a link.

Hunter

Ohh, could you maybee provide me with a link for that one? crazy_o.gifhuh.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Ask and ye shall recieve, a link.

Hunter

Thank you!

you will hear... smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifyay.gif

I just ran a test with Foot's SU-24 and Gnat's frigate. The SU-24 dropped a bomb and when it hit the ship I got a CTD band.gif

(need to look further into this)

I also had a MI-24 helo in the air and a russian pt boat. The ship toasted the helo and pt boat before the SU-24 got it's bomb off. It even fired a missle at the SU-24 but it shot off some flares to confuse it. Pretty cool. notworthy.gif

crazy_o.gif i did something simmilar to this but using the mapfact oil tankers and i suffered no CTD i used the ASMs though biggrin_o.gif

I just ran a test with Foot's SU-24 and Gnat's frigate. The SU-24 dropped a bomb and when it hit the ship I got a CTD band.gif

There's no special scripting built into the bombs - maybe try the BIS Su-25 or a side-changed A-10 LGB?

There's no special scripting built into the bombs - maybe try the BIS Su-25 or a side-changed A-10 LGB?

Zuku1, its more likely that its the Frigates thats the problem ..... I have scripts running to stop ships flying at 200kmh through the air when large munitions hit the boats (called "Anti-Slam"). This is an OFP problem and I'm doing my best to stop it. If you wish to report more, please do so in the "Frigates" thread.

Quote[/b] ]Zuku1, its more likely that its the Frigates thats the problem ..... I have scripts running to stop ships flying at 200kmh through the air when large munitions hit the boats (called "Anti-Slam"). This is an OFP problem and I'm doing my best to stop it. If you wish to report more, please do so in the "Frigates" thread.

Thanks Gnat I won't have to do a lot of digging. I know what you're talking about. Once I had a plane drop a nuke on a tank and the blast sent the tank sailing off the land and a 100 miles out to sea. rofl.gif

Very good addon, but I'd say that weapon loadout isn't correct, because such different weapons (rockets, ARMs, LGBs) in most cases are used separately. Those rocket pods look really bad, please change them, and plz don't forget that Su-24 has a gun...

Footmunch,

FYI, Your DRAWMISSILE script cause a bit of a lag spike when you stick several of your planes on a map at the same time, and I'm thinking your SPINWHEEL script could be switched on and off with the gear up/down action.

For the drawmissile I'd suggest a ~0.05 between each group check and a ~(3+(random 1)) to stop multiple planes synchronising their scripts to cause little spikes.

Geeeezzz ... wish I could texture 10% as good as you!!! biggrin_o.gif

Gnat @ Oct. 10 2006,01:48)]Footmunch,

FYI, Your DRAWMISSILE script cause a bit of a lag spike when you stick several of your planes on a map at the same time, and I'm thinking your SPINWHEEL script could be switched on and off with the gear up/down action.

For the drawmissile I'd suggest a ~0.05 between each group check and a ~(3+(random 1)) to stop multiple planes synchronising their scripts to cause little spikes.

Gnat -

Spinwheels should be a fairly 'light' script when the gear is up, but it could be slowed down, perhaps.

The problem with turning it on and off is linking it to the (delayed) action: if the user hits gear up/gear down often enough, the gear can get into the 'wrong' state. I'll keep working on it though.

The de-synchronisation in Drawmissile is a damn fine idea, and will be implemented in the next version. thumbs-up.gif

Spooky -

The main reason for the weapon mix is to allow this one version to carry out many tasks.

Once the addon's closer to final, I'll produce separate 'precision-strike', 'cas', 'interdiction', etc versions with appropriate loadouts.

Gun is being added. Apologies for the dumb error.

Foot, I'm not sure if it's a common problem, but I've never seen it before. Sometimes when the SU-24 is shot down and the pilots can eject, one pilot goes flying off and an empty parashute comes floating down. Kinda strange.

Foot, I'm not sure if it's a common problem, but I've never seen it before. Sometimes when the SU-24 is shot down and the pilots can eject, one pilot goes flying off and an empty parashute comes floating down. Kinda strange.

I believe this is an ofp engine problem, where the velocity of the plane also affects the velocity of the pilot when ejecting.  So the parachute opens where the pilot should be, but because the pilot is going faster than the parachute, they break apart thereby he goes flying off and dying, the chute just floats down.

Also i believe he's revamping his Sea Vixen, F-5.

He has an A-26 Invader, A Tu_22m3, an EH 101 and several other projects on the go.