Sign in to follow this  
Sled88

BATTLEFIELD 1939-1945 CORE

You will play the soldier John Davis on the 14th June 1944. He is a american paratrooper, the 82nd. He and his team have the mission to conquer a important village near Caen.

I dont want to spoil the fun (as it sounds like a good idea), but even though the story is fictional you might want to make it a little more accurate...

Caen is the british/canadian sector, there were no american troops there on the 14th of june (the brits + canadians + other commonwealth units fought there till mid july). all american troops were closer to the cotentin peninsula and drove toward the west coast to cut off all the germans in the peninsula before rushing toward St Lo. and toward the south/south east ending up trapping the germans in the falaise pocket with the british on the north side (north side being the caen sector), ending the normandy battle...

also a common misconception about the normandy campaign is having the americans fight late war tanks like tigers and such in the few days following D-day : that is total horsecrap as the only german armored division in normandy in these early days of the campaign were in reserve south of Caen, and the only german armour facing the US paratroupers for example in the days following D-day were training tanks (basically modified french tank chassis with pretty poor guns)... but since you start on the 14th you might already have some proper german armored divisions in the american sector (i'm not sure exactly when they arrived but its also easy to check)

so to summarize you should check out the basic normandy campaign story to have a rough idea of what was going on at what date and then decide where you want your story to take place... as i said its ok to make a fictional story but since you make it happen in a real battlefield you prolly want to keep it consistant with what roughly happened

also if you do decide to modify released addons to balance them out (like in that wwII mod collection), make sure to contact the authors and change ALL the tags of whatever you modify so your version doesnt conflict with the original... if i had been given a pound every time someone made a custom version of the shermans without consulting us and ending with people posting in our forum because the US pack doesnt work anymore after installing these unauthorized modifications... well i would have at least 3 or Å4 but you get my point biggrin_o.gif

You might also want to contact some of the authors who are not ok with other people repacking their stuff even if it has not been modified (its pretty rare but there's a few)

good luck

Fab

Thank you Fab! smile_o.gif Could you give me some tips about the red devil campaign? If yes send me a PM! smile_o.gif

or something like stalingrad sniper(Enemy at the gates)

but it could be REALLY hard whistle.gif

and I dont remember any WW2 Air missions(Bombing the towns/cities,air fights etc.)

Everything noticed salvatore!

And here comes the dl-link:

DOWNLOAD

@Newsposters: If you wanna write a news do it tomorrow not today please! Thanks! wink_o.gif

Added 2 pic to my first post!

It adds all standard BIS objects like grass, bushes, trees and bulding to your editor!

EDIT: The german one-day-campaign for the core version is almost finished now!

EDIT2: Would be nice if someone could post some screens here from BF39-35 because i am too lazy! tounge2.gif

@jyelka_baron_de_la_biere: Do you like such a short minicampaign? And what would you say about the difficulty?

I just played the first mission, not hard at al after I went to bed and I have to leave tomorrow without any cpu or laptop so I won't finish it before a while...

But I really liked the first mission cause like in lots of WWII stuff you are close to the ennemy often less then 150 meters

What is about the handsings do you like them? And the GUI and music is it ok or do you think this must be better?

The GUI is nice, i like the black 1 white in the game menu

second mission is realy harder, I can't stop this incoming german from the north , I took position in the tower with the nsiper but I'm not good at al with this weapon,

apparently otehr come also from the east...

I will try again

And what do YOU think about the performance... good mix of graphics and performance? So i can notice if something must be better! Hope you make mission2^^

BTW: I forgot to say that you must destroy the halftrack to finish the mission 2!

performances are alright : no lag

graphism are not merely beautiful but i don't care about it, I really appreciated the village ; house, towers... wallpapers in house is really auwful as probably could have been in reality in normandy 60 years ago  biggrin_o.gif

so environments are good enought

my only critic will be about the grass, in fact it is good to have it. Nevertheless sometime it is weird because you can't see an hidden ennemy on the ground at 125 meter whereas you can see due to lack of distance a man also crouched at 250 meters...

I made a screenshot

grassxb1.jpg

Due to the absence of grass in the background, this is easy to see the ennemies in the background... than in the first line

Yea wait i will upload the Dxdll for BF39-45! wink_o.gif Than it looks better! :P

Disable auto dropdown then the grass viewdistance is higher!

Now post a screens and compare! wink_o.gif

And set the visual quality to 11!

DXDLL DOWNLOAD

Campagin finished, just the 2nd mission which is a bit hard, because the sniper rifl is not easy to use and ennemies quickly advance on your position

waiting for others stuffs

if you don't have any mission ideas, have a look on hiden and dangerous

Man, I hope you've got the dialog grammar right. There's nothing worse than comprehensible/understandable English that's filled with unneccesary punctuation. Could you get another mirror? I'm personally getting 85 KB/S.