Sign in to follow this  
black150

HALO

It will include the weapons, and that hanger looks good, just a spot of retexturing

Actually, wonder if some more floors and rooms are added, could turn it into one of the HALO buildings?

I can. wink_o.gif

How is Wildo coming with the selections & stuff with the models anyway?

Thought id rear my ugly head in this thread finally tounge2.gif

Im doing the sharp/smooth faces aswell at the moment, I shalnt add the injury selections to the models as ive never really used them at all crazy_o.gif

But hopefully ill send Zombie a full test model by the evening tomorrow, Zombie, can you give me a test config so I can bash about and see if the selections are correct? smile_o.gif

Wildo

Small stuff like that above can be solved via PM, instead of the forum getting a second Halo-topic (like 600 pages - no mod confused_o.gif )

JW

smile_o.gif

Small stuff like that above can be solved via PM, instead of the forum getting a second Halo-topic (like 600 pages - no mod confused_o.gif )

JW

smile_o.gif

It's a discussion board. Let them. It's not your topic isn't it?

Marines are used in every single sci-fi movie, game and mod sad_o.gif No room for the army guys in the future.

I often think the same thing sometimes, but it's only natural for Marines to take the role of shipborne infantry. Technically though, any soldier can be called a marine if they're shipbrone infantry without having to be in a seperate branch of the military (they could be Army marines, or Naval marines). Sci-fi universes tend to collectively call them a Marine Corps, while in reality it's more practical for there to be a whole seperate branch for spaceborne combat, with their own infantry, aviators, etc... But anyway, wikipedia descipes a "Space marine" as "a soldier who serves aboard a spacecraft and/or who is trained to fight in space or in planetary attacks," a Marine as "a soldier serving aboard a ship and/or whose primary function is to assault the land from the sea in amphibious warfare," and a Marine corps as "a branch of a nation's armed forces incorporating Marines." If an Army branch still existed in these sci-fi futures, they would likely strictly fight only on a planet's surface (shuttled in to an already secured spot by another branch perhaps). You would also have to consider what branch would be more appropriate for space flight; the Air Force or the Navy? It really just boils down to an endless arguement about names and definitions.

Edit: To stay on topic, the fact is that the mod is based on the game and in the game they use the Marines and Navy (don't try to prove me wrong unless you've played HALO 2).

i rekon the airforce would be more suited to space flight.. smile_o.gif well getting into space they would with all the Gs they pull.. they used to low grafity fighting too smile_o.gif

This mod looks totaly awsome anyways, i cant wait till the mods released biggrin_o.gif.. i might go play some halo now lol.. biggrin_o.gif

JW

smile_o.gif

It's a discussion board. Let them. It's not your topic isn't it?

Indeed, but for small chatter, we do have PMs.

If you want to reply me to this, the proper way should be trough PM, so should this be, but I'm dropping it now, and instead says:

Keep the work up, I'd like to see some HALO-addons, atleast for ArmA.

JW

smile_o.gif

Hi..

I would like to know if you guys have asked Bungie (or Microsoft) about permission to do this mod.. because in C&C Generals was a Halo Mod too, called Halogen, and Microsoft has closed that modification, was really bad from Microsoft crazy_o.gif

Just want to warn you guys.

Btw, mod looks good, i like all sci fi mods notworthy.gif

ltrs

Hi..

I would like to know if you guys have asked Bungie (or Microsoft) about permission to do this mod.. because in C&C Generals was a Halo Mod too, called Halogen, and Microsoft has closed that modification, was really bad from Microsoft crazy_o.gif

Just want to warn you guys.

Btw, mod looks good, i like all sci fi mods notworthy.gif

ltrs

What? They killed it?? Damn that's news for me crazy_o.gif (stupid ms)

Anyway, I hope you guys don't come into nasty situations like the masterchief (lost interest, lost HDD) did. I remember the last halo-mod, lot's of people who were interested, only to find out it'll never be released sad_o.gif

Anyway, you already thought about the config yet? Will the units be really good sharp shooters or will the dispersion value be high? Anything on the armorvalues yet?

edit:

Now that I think of it, maybe MS demanded masterchief to stop his project but not was not allowed to tell us crazy_o.gif

Hmm A microsoft conspiracy... No matter, if they kill this I will annoy them with constant talking and complaining, and hide all the work done until they forget

call it illegal but it's just a stupid law which makes no sense to me, just as age ratings don't make any sense whatsoever to me

Anyone from microsoft or bungie is band.gif from this forum!

PS DONT start a convosation about my opinons on age ratings or the law!

That's true! So what it's copyright, everyone WOULD know where the models came from. tounge2.gif

Besides, microsoft only produced halo, they didn't make the models.

I know, bungie studios has made the models etc, but microsoft has buyed bungie, its the same with EA & Westwood, tiberian sun was made by westwood, but now the owner of Tiberian sun is EA.. thats why we have asked about permission. hopefull they have gave us green light so we can produce it in armed assault wink_o.gifyay.gif

hope your mod will not get troubles with microsoft! confused_o.gif

Well, Ill put in readme/credits that models were done by bungie and that microsoft owns it yada yada

Quote[/b] ]I believe I still have somebody connected to Master Chief in my MSN, I'll ask him, can't promise allot though.

I've got to go back to this a sec

If the person you know who is connected to MC on msn still has contact, would it be possible to ask him how on earth he managed to do the MC textures? These things are shooting me in the head five times over and haunting my sleep!

Imagine this chocking you to death every night!

cyborgkd3.jpg

lol that halogen looked super look at the trailer they made AFTER they got shutdown..

MS shuts down Halogen.

Anyways if your mod gets told to get shutdown just say oki but continue it and say OMG look someone leaked the final version. they dont no where you live soo tounge2.gif

I just had a good look at the reasons of the halogen mod being crashed, very simple stuff after you get over the way the damn bungie op talks.

Also, when naming the master chief, it'll have to be called "Spartan" if I named it "master chief" I would break copywright and they could smite me down with their almighty lawsuits.  pistols.gif  goodnight.gif

well I just hope no bungie/MS people stumble on this forum

that copyright youre talking about sentry only applies if you use THEIR material.

means like imported stuff from like Renegade

since you didnt and created all models yourself

you dont need to care about asking about permission.

you have created it on your own looking at pictures of the original units.

2nd you dont sell the stuff..

if this would be suable there wouldnt be any SW fan art or

babylon 5 fan made models around the net...

thats bullsh*t and threatening "naive" people....

the halo stuff is more delicate since you imported it so its THEIR (bungies/ms) content.

dunno how this is treated but there has been imports before in ofp from other games and there wasnt anytrouble.

however this were only single objects.

again you folk basically import the WHOLE halo game into ofp.

hmm maybe thats y masterchiefs mod died :P

anyway

cheers

lol that halogen looked super look at the trailer they made AFTER they got shutdown..

MS shuts down Halogen.

Anyways if your mod gets told to get shutdown just say oki but continue it and say OMG look someone leaked the final version. they dont no where you live soo  tounge2.gif

Well if they come to your door, just tell em to pi** off or get a beating..

Personaly i think its bull from MS

Look at BIS they made a engien that can do just abt anything and they dont stop ppl from beeing creative.

POWER TO THE MODDERS!!

All mods are welcome.gif

I'll post new pics soon

Only models and textures were imported, sounds taken by myself (and in the models I slapped in a few extra invisible squares that do nothing, so i 'customised' it dunno if it'll work but hey)

As for progress, sounds and vechlies work well, just a few additions and extras, all weapons part from needler work, but we are using tracers ATM The needler currently shoot through everything, (at least on my side anyway) the covs havn't been completed yet and thus appear as static objects

Also, I've said what I hope to be the last piece on the copywright situation (as it depresses me) I would much appriciate it if nobody mentioned it unless we've got forced to stop or someone notices something saying "NO HALO MODS ALTS YOU DIE" or something like that

Ta  biggrin_o.gif