Sign in to follow this  
kutya

GDCE released

Kutya,the sonora mission which is included with the new tonal redux special forces is a pbo! When i put it in my sp mission folder it wouldn't open and just booted me back to the single player mission screen! I unpbo'ed the mission then put the folder in my sp mision's then i can play the dynamic mission. (should it be a pbo file)

Some messages are lost today/yesterday, so I'll repeat: FA Sonora is a campaign, so you have to put it in the campaigns folder beside the Tonal Insurgency campaign.

Good to see GDCE in Tonal smile_o.gif

Sonora looks great the only problem I'm having is that my enemies tags' are coming up as a 'friendlies green' making it difficult to order my men to target them.

I had a feeling something like this will happen, because the Government Troops are on resistance side, so I had to tweak GDCE and DAC to make this conflict possible. Actually you're east side and the enemy is west  rofl.gif . With the new units, I'll try to make a regular east-west conflict (I had only Tonal Redux when making this, not the TSF).

IF someone has a solution for this prob, please help.

Are all enemies tagged as friendlies? Only at the objective (GDCE)? Or maybe only the encounters (DAC)?

Definately GDCE units and I'm pretty sure DAC as well. Are you switching units to TSF? I kinda liked playing as the Brutha with the shades tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Definately GDCE units and I'm pretty sure DAC as well.

The worst version. Then no quick-fix.

Quote[/b] ]Are you switching units to TSF? I kinda liked playing as the Brutha with the shades

Nope. I was thinking of a rebel or militia campaign against those "oh-everyone-likes-us" Special Forces, buhahahahaha! <- evil laugh

Even thought about a basic storyline with some scripted missions, but then my fantasies have gone wild, so dunno what will be the next version. Anyway, currently working again on the VTE version.

Hello from a forum lurker! tounge2.gif

I gotta say WOW! I hope mr. kutya will keep developing it for more features etc. I made a small dynamic campaign only from the west template that uses only northern part of everon and units with JAM weapons with HD mags just for personal fun and learning how to use GDCE+DAC. I've had the best OFP experience ever with it! I still gotta tune it a little smile_o.gif DAC in GDCE is so awesome. We definetly want more!

Thank you kutya! notworthy.gif

Thanks jensiii for the kind words smile_o.gif

Just please don't mr. me. I'm not young, but I feel too old when someone mr's me.

I don't know when the next version will be released. I've got an update on my HDD, but I wanted to do some more stuff. I currently just don't have the time.

I'm hanging around here relatively often, so if somebody needs help, feel free to ask me.

Bye

Announcement: Asso has joined the Frontline Assembly, so from now on, the FA is actually a team (no more "one man team").

This means GDCE has more manpower, so you can be assured there will be new stuff coming. Hopefully soon.

welcome.gif Asso!

Thanks kutya! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif I hope this will be the start of a fruitful collaboration.

Kutya,

Since the first time I have tried your GDCE "1 mission campaign" I've been hooked. What little time I have for gaming is now completely devoted to trying to master my way through the incredibly challenging missions.

Currently, all of my OFP attention has been poured into playing the Tour of Duty mission that was included in the latest VTE release. I have several questions that I hope you can take the time to answer for me. Please keep in mind that I'm drawing upon my experiences playing your VTE mission while playing it with the VTE config as supplied by the tremendous SLX mod. Here are my questions:

(1) Am I correct in my observations that the AI is nearly as "blind" as I am when moving through the elephant grass that covers the island? I'm NOT complaining about this feature, as it delivers a ton of almost agonizing tension to each of the missions. Not knowing where to shoot, and almost literally stumbling on top of a VC really gets the heart pounding. I'm just hoping that the AI doesn't have an advantage over me when we're both occupying the grass. It seems as though they're better able to respond towards sounds, as I think they can hear my position more clearly than I can hear their's. This makes me wish that the GDCE came with default "body movement" sounds as found in FFUR2006, because at least then it gives the player a better chance of determining that SOMEONE is OVER THERE. Of course it doesn't help them identify if it's friend or foe.

(2) Whenever I pilot the Cobra helicopter, my AI gunner seems to be blind. Even after I give him the order to "Fire" he never does. Do I need to identify the targets myself, or ... ?

(3) Possible bug: If soldier 11 or 12 are ordered to drop the flare gun, they automatically "lose" all of their M60 ammo. If they're then commanded to get more M60 ammo from the crates, there's none to be found (even I can't find it as an available option when my avatar's accessing the crates' contents). I also believe that if they're oredered to pick up or drop any item, they forever lose their M60 ammo reserves.

(4) I'd like to modify the default weapon loadouts of my men. It takes me up to 10 min. to adjust their loadouts to my liking, and for some of the missions, that's just too much time to lose. The only editing tool that I currently have installed is Chris' OFP Script Editor, and I've tried hunting through what I've opened up there, and to no success. Basically here's how I'd like to setup the squad's gear:

Soldier(s)

1-3 Default gear is fine.

4-5 Each man is armed with a CAR15 XM148, grenade vest & M1911A1 pistol.

6-7 Each man is armed with 1 LAW, 1 frag, and a M14 with the remaining slots being filled by 7.62 magazines.

10 He's armed with a M16A1, 2 frags, and a flare gun.

11-12 Each man's armed with a M60 Shorty and a M1911A1 pistol.

If you could assist me in making the above a reality, it'd be GREATLY appreciated. Feel free to steer me towards a great step-by-step tutorial that'll help me get the job done myself.

Keep up your TERRIFIC work.

Yours,

Kyle

Dec. 19, 2006

smile_o.gif

Thanks for the kind words smile_o.gif

~1: It's related to VTE not to GDCE, but AFAIK the enemy is as blind as you (or me, or whomever) in elephant grass. In my experience even blinder than the player. In some ocassions I clearly saw the enemy, while he remained stationary and looked elsewhere.

~1 sounds: it's really not GDCE. VTE is made that way, I cannot change it. GDCE is a mission and I know nothing else than making missions. But if you have a solution, post it here, or talk to SnakeMan who is the leader of the VTE team.

~2: If you talk about VTD, he's blind because of the dense vegetation, I suppose. Many times I saw enemy patrols in the jungle that I couldn't designate for my teammates. So the AI sees even less than the player. Again, not sure about this.

~3: Yes, this looks like a bug. I'll look at this.

~4: There is a Mission Editor's Guide included in the GDCE pack (GDCE MEG.pdf). It's included in the default GDCE, not VTD, but it's a small DL. What you're asking is described there. But to give you a start:

a) find GDC_globals.sqs

b) inside, find the GDC_OWeap0 array. That array and the arrays below it are the weapon definitions. The GDC_squadSlots array at the bottom of this part is the definition of which soldier is using which loadout.

If you have probl, reply, or PM me and I'll try to help.

BTW The VTD conversion is the hardest IMO, because of the really dense vegetation. Most of the time I die too, but it seems to me authentic, but I never were in Vietnam.

~to all: I have an updated version of VTD, using The Bra. It should be GDCE 1.12 I think. Some nice new features (rather small ones), but only one phase, since I didn't had the time for more. If someone's interested, I'll upload it. But it isn't entirely polished.

Sounds cool!

I've got something to add to the "wishlist" of the next GDCE version: multiple patrolpoints on patrol missions. smile_o.gif

I had such a thing on my mind.

It doesn't make a big difference, but it would be better to post GDCE2 related stuff in the newly created GDCE2 thread here.

Kutya,

Thank you for your offer of assistance! smile_o.gif I tried Chris' editor to find the GDC_globals.sqs within the Tour of Duty mission, and had no luck doing so. Is there a different editor I should try using, am I looking in the wrong file, or ...?

Part of the reason why I'm trying to change the loadouts is due to the fact that the sight distances on the Vietnam map are extremely close, so having a squad member using a sniper rifle seems impractical to me. I figure I might as well equip my men with gear that's lighter/permits them to react more quickly, and allows them to examine more of the environment around them.

I took a look at your GDCE 2 thread, and it sounds VERY promising! Now if only Armed Assault will make its debut here in the US!

Yours,

Kyle

Dec. 21, 2006

smile_o.gif

The problem is probably that you need to unpbo the campaign. You'll need a tool such as XPBO. You need to unpbo the file VTD.pbo (or similar, I can't remember) in the Missions folder. But unpack it elsewhere, not to make a mess. Then, you'll see the unpacked version. Change the GDC_Globals.sqs as I described, repack the whole thing, and put it back to the old place. But don't forget to make a backup version! Hope this helps.

Bye

Sorry for bump.

I don't get it. I downloaded GDCE version 1.10 and read the Player's Guide. It says that to play the campaign I just need to copy the GDCE_Campaign.pbo to my 'campaigns' folder, but I can't find that pbo file in the GDCEv110 folder confused_o.gif

I'm at work currently, so I can't give you accurate info. But there should be 2 'campaigns', one for both sides. I can't recall the names of the pbo's but they should be something like gdce110west.pbo and gdce110east.pbo

Copy those files in the campaigns folder and they should appear ingame.

Anyway, there ain't so much files in the pack, AFAIK there's only the icons and the two campaigns pbos.

Can't find any pbo files with those names. But there is two folders named 'GDCE110east.eden' and 'GDCE110west.eden', and these folders contains lots of other folders and files, so I'm not sure what to do crazy_o.gif

Those two folders are the unpacked versions, but if I remember correctly those are the versions for editing. They are needed to be copied in your user missions folder, so when you open the editor you can load and edit them.

There should be some pbo's in the zip. Maybe you should try to DL it from another source. Or if you wait 'till tomorrow I'll upload it somewhere (since I don't have internet at home currently).

I can wait, so no problem.

I tried to download it from two sources (and both had the same .rar package);

OFPC

OFP Filefront

Can't remember those site's exact names, but I guess you know what I mean.

In my archive, the campaign pbo's are present. Maybe the two points in the name confuse you. I think the west version is GDCE110west.eden.pbo

For start, try unzipping the whole archive in your campaigns folder. This way it should work. At least, the campaigns should appear ingame.

Hmm, I will try. I'll report back.

I have two pbo's in the main GDCEv1.10 folder called 'GDCE110wp1.eden.pbo' and 'GDCE110ep1.eden.pbo'. I putted them in the OFP/campaigns folder, and then I launched up OFP. They did show up in the main campaigns list, but when I switched to the campaign's mission list, I got an error; No entry 'campaigns\gdce110wp1.eden\description.ext.Campaign'.

And then I tried to start the campaing, and it went back to main menu.

BTW, I'm running OFP with the newest WGL, does it matter?

Oops, sorry. My wrong.

Put those pbo's in the missions folder. Since those contain only one phase, they're treated as missions. Only multi phase GDCE campaigns are counting as (OFP standard) campaigns. If you put those pbo's in the missions folder, they should work finally smile_o.gif

Nope, WGL shouldn't conflict with GDCE. In fact almost any mod shouldn't conflict with GDCE since I've registered an OFPEC tag for GDCE, so it shouldn't conflict at all with any other registered addon. About a year ago Q even tried to make a WGL conversion, but didn't finished it AFAIK. Maybe you should contact him.

BTW I saw you're interested in DAC. GDCE uses a modified version, so you might have a wrong impression. By the great help of Silola I've interconnected DAC with my work much more than in regular missions.

If you want to try and modify DAC or GDCE play GDCE1.10. But if you want to play them, there are a couple of conversions, like "Vietnam Tour of Duty" or "SAS in Afghanistan". You'll find them in the link in my signature.

Well, actually I tried to put those pbo's in 'missions' folder other day, and I succesfully started the mission, but I got an error saying something like; Error 'GDCE_Init.sqs missing' or something like that, I'm at school now so I can't check it out.

I noticed that DAC didn't initialize, and I couldn't interact with any of the NPC's at the base.

Hmm, I guess I should contact Q, since I really like WGL.

And actually, my interest in DAC leaded me to GDCE wink_o.gif I first tried DMarkvick's CTI that used DAC. But DAC was so busy that it lagged for me and I didn't get excited about it.

But, I could try 'SAS in Afghanistan', since I like desert combat, and I'm not of a 'Nam fan.

But hey, thanks anyways biggrin_o.gif