Sign in to follow this  
kutya

GDCE released

Sorry to triple post

After returning from 2nd mission, my C.O, and insertion pilot were a bloody mess although he still gave me the thumbs up and a new mission.After dying badly on my 3rd mission I loaded from tent, but CO and pilot were gone. Rested a few times but they seem gone for good.

Quote[/b] ]After returning from 2nd mission, my C.O, and insertion pilot were a bloody mess although he still gave me the thumbs up and a new mission.After dying badly on my 3rd mission I loaded from tent, but CO and pilot were gone. Rested a few times but they seem gone for good.

That currently isn't considered as a bug (or at least an intentional one). If the CO gets killed, you have to rest (but can't, if you don't complete/abort the mission). This was the reason.

They were killed probably because DAC units got there and made a mess.

They will reappear (reinforce) once resupplying arrives, which is by default every 3rd day (morning). So probably you didn't rest enough for them to reappear.

Surprised even myself:

I was on an ambush convoy mission and was just setting up the satchel charges on the road, when: at truck is coming down the road. I think, wtf I didn't select 'wait for convoy'! The units exited the truck and killed us in a couple of secs. Prevoiusly I set 'hold fire' to wait for the convoy to come close. It was too late to react. This was the biggest surprise DAC served me. Well, actually Silola surprised me. notworthy.gif

If people want, I encourage them to implement MP to GDCE. I'll help gladly if I can.

My next real project will be GDCE 2. If it ever gets made (ArmA will surely be out then and I need to start to make a living) it will be a really big step compared to current dynamic campaigns. The only specifics I'll give now, is that everything moving or generated on map will have a function and will affect the status of the campaign and missions will be more connected to each other and to the global campaign. Also planning something similar to the moving frontline concept.

Really early phase of the project, so specifics will be given only when the first 0.1 release will be done. Not a single line done yet (but about 10 pages of concept instead), so ideas welcome. Won't tell details, but open for ideas.

When I'll get annoyed by GDCE2, ocassionally I'll do a GDCE1 conversion smile_o.gif

A question to people using GDCE:

Should I make a small patch (GDCE 1.11) which fixes some issues with GDCE (probably in a week or 2) or simply wait for AA since nobody would use it for OFP?

The fix shouldn't be anything big, just some bugfixes people reported (mostly in PM). It should be fully compatible with 1.10.

A question to people using GDCE:

Should I make a small patch (GDCE 1.11) which fixes some issues with GDCE (probably in a week or 2) or simply wait for AA since nobody would use it for OFP?

Please make the small patch. I think we may be waiting a lot longer for AA than all the hype would have us beleive!

Okay, I'll do it, but it will have to wait a while (RL).

Hi kutya, and everybody else !

I'm currently trying to edit the GDCE mission to my likings. I would be very interested by a incoming "patch". What would it correct or add ?

Thank you for your time...

Malick

Hi Malick

It's a patch, so it should contain only bugfixes.

- ambush convoy mission fix

- radio support disabling fix

- some more which I can't think of currently

It's would be a small fix, so don't expect anything major. Feel free to use the current version, the patch will be compatible with 1.10. The current version is stable, so this will just be a polish.

Since the Tonal Redux is finally out, I'll soon start to implement the Tonal conversion smile_o.gif That's the "FA Sonora" campaign in the first GDCE post.

BTW Now is a good time for some GDCE bug reports since the 1.11 patch will be made soon. No date.

Does anyone have a working mirror for the Vietnam Tour of Duty version?

All links/mirrors posted so far dont lead anywhere confused_o.gif

Its on the VTE v0.3 release. Check out VTE_SPMissions/ directory.

Here is a new link:

VTD1.00

But keep in mind that this is v1.00 and it works only with VTE 0.2 and isn't compatible with VTE 0.3. VTE isn't (completely) backwards compatible. If you want to play VTD with VTE 0.3, play the demo included in VTE03 and wait 'till I make the full version, which will take some time, but once it's done, it should be THE conversion of GDCE.

Its on the VTE v0.3 release. Check out VTE_SPMissions/ directory.

Thanks Snake Man.

I just realised that there is PMC Nam Command #1 and #2 in the VTE single player missions as well. Has anyone played them recently and can tell me how to rearm my infantry squads?

I havent played it yet myself, but with the Nam Pack 2 version neither me or AI was able to resupply at the ammo truck of Support 1 group...

Not really a bug, actually, rather a tweak:

Playing with the west template v1.10, I keep on getting shot down by enemy anti air defenses, either a shilka or a missile. I just can't play a mission, as I have to survive a crash every other insertion. Is this DAC related ?

I tried to install some modified NVG (by unpboing Data3D.pbo and Data.pbo), but I can't play GDCE, each time I get a "Bad file format in p3d file". Any ideas ? I reverted back to old ones, and everything is OK.

Last thing, but I guess it's DAC related. I changed the units in GDC_globals and mission.sqm with OFrP's. But during a mission, I ran across a couple of american trucks speeding down the road. Where do I change the config for DAC ?

Otherwise, excellent job on this. I personnaly find it very well organized, and the fact that everything is centralized makes it a lot clearer to modify. The use of arrays makes everything simple. Good work !

Malick

Quote[/b] ]Playing with the west template v1.10, I keep on getting shot down by enemy anti air defenses, either a shilka or a missile. I just can't play a mission, as I have to survive a crash every other insertion. Is this DAC related ?

Q reported this some time ago. It's the DAC setup. I've thrown just a quick demo to show the features. In a conversion, if you put AA vehicles in DAC, you should point to the player the enemy's AA defense, so he should insert on foot or by a land vehicle. And disable the rescue pilots mission, since it's using auto insertion by heli.

Quote[/b] ]I tried to install some modified NVG (by unpboing Data3D.pbo and Data.pbo), but I can't play GDCE, each time I get a "Bad file format in p3d file". Any ideas ? I reverted back to old ones, and everything is OK.

Dunno about this. It may be a problem with the addon but it can be GDCE also, since the NVG replacement feature isn't complete. Maybe I'll try to fix this in the patch. Thanks for remninding me of this!

Quote[/b] ]Last thing, but I guess it's DAC related. I changed the units in GDC_globals and mission.sqm with OFrP's. But during a mission, I ran across a couple of american trucks speeding down the road. Where do I change the config for DAC ?

It's set up in DAC_ConfigUnits.sqs or similar in the DAC folder. You should find your way easily.

Quote[/b] ]Otherwise, excellent job on this. I personnaly find it very well organized, and the fact that everything is centralized makes it a lot clearer to modify. The use of arrays makes everything simple. Good work !

Thanks man!

I tried to install some modified NVG (by unpboing Data3D.pbo and Data.pbo), but I can't play GDCE, each time I get a "Bad file format in p3d file". Any ideas ? I reverted back to old ones, and everything is OK.

I think I had that kind of error when using the WGL Vegetation Replacement Pack. Were your PBOs uncompressed? If I remember correctly, mine was, since you get an error if you compress the modified PBO.

EDIT - Oh, and the problem rose when starting a GDCE mission. Otherwise it was working like a charm.

Since my RL duties are cooling off, some new stuff will be probably done next week. Like the 1.10 update and the FA Sonora (Tonal Redux) stuff.

If someone has noticed some errors that aren't discussed yet, please report them before the 1.11 release, since I (and suppose you too) don't like frequent small patches.

Since some great addons are released in recent time, I'll probably make some new OFP stuff before going into AA waters (meaning GDCE2).

Last thing. Colligpip released some new missions based on GDCE, but I didn't include them in the first post, because I didn't had the time to test them. In the first post, there should be only works which have passed some unformal quality test of mine.

Some info update in first post, mostly on the VTD 1.10 Demo.

Projects in the stack are:

- 1.11 update

- FA Sonora (Tonal Redux)

- VTD 1.11 full campaign

- "Jungle Fever" (mean the Fever update) and "Vietnam Bunkers Addon" conversions. First released gets first converted.

- some other stuff, especially if I don't get a PC powerful enough to play AA

I was going to ask you about a problem with ammo and the custom loadout in GDC_Globals, but I think I could have figured out by myself, so I'll share the story, maybe it can be of help.

I couldn't use the misc1 and misc2 items (e.g. 2 HandGrenades as misc1 and 1 PipeBomb as misc2). So I tried changing the mag quantities (for example, in the east template there are 8 mags for AK-74s) and found that I was getting the misc items. Though not in the correct numbers (e.g. 2 in game instead of the 3 in GDC_Globals). This happened with other ammo types too. Then I realized that the max number of mags/misc is 9, and changed the loadouts accordingly. Now everything works fine.

Greets Asso

I'm not exactly sure what the prob is, but I'll describe the inventory stuff in short:

There are 10 slots available for a regular soldier. In the case of the AK74, 8 mags are added (each takes 1 slot) and the 2 remaining slots are filled with GDC_MiscItem1NS which is "handgrenade" in this case (and the grenade also takes 1 slot). So in total, we have 8 mags and 2 grenades. Of course if you add 10 mags, the inventory will be filled with ammo and the grenades cannot be added. This is the intended functionality. If it isn't working like this, please describe the problem in more detail.

Bye!

Checked again the template, and it works as you are saying. I must have done some changes for a mission and forgot about them... Sorry, my bad. banghead.gif

(this is what you get when you mess up files at 2 a.m. yay.gif)

Hope people liking GDCE will be satisfied smile_o.gif :

Ebud released his TSF Redux containing new addons and missions for Tonal Redux. FA Sonora is included, which is a dynamic campaign using the addons from Tonal Redux not TSF redux, since I didn't have those before the release. There will be another version, which will use TSF too, but in some time. Link in first post, or in Ebud's thread mentioned above.

Have fun!

PS Didn't start a new thread about this, since it's a part of TSF Redux, but if by some "accident" feedback would be massive, I'll make one.