Sign in to follow this  
Gundato

Non-gameplay altering graphics mods?

Don't get me wrong, I love OFP and am not a graphics whore. I am completely content with my current graphics loadout. But it would be nice to get a bit of a facelift.

I took a look at various listings and made sure to grab the dxdll update and the animations. Other mods look amazing, but they either add a bunch of weapons (FFUR) or require other mods that do change things. I really am content with what is currently in OFP, and don't see the need for all the extra stuff. Some day I might grab it, but I don't see it happening for a while.

So are there any mods like FlashFX that don't require mods that add weapons and the like? While I am at it, are there any mods that give the models a facelift (while maintaining their stats and the like)?

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but it was the best I could find.

for a start you can try the ofp elite sound pack.

its on these forums by tioner or go to ofp.info

I took a look at various listings and made sure to grab the dxdll update

As far as I have seen there aren't any addons that have just replaced the textures (you may want to try one of the various island retextures by BergHoff - just look up on his name on OFP.info)...

SICILIAN (I believe that was his nick) was retexturing the original OFP vehicles/weapons/soldiers a long while ago (perhaps it was around 2004?) but I think that the only thing he actually released was a retextured Cessna (a very nice one at that).

you better search for WGL for the "various island retextures" wink_o.gif

(BergHoff made tree/vegetation replacements)

Thanks.

And yeah, it seems that everyone wants to make a TC, not so much just a tweak.

Ah well. As I said, I am quite content with the current models and textures. It would just be rather nice to have updated models without playing as a Ranger or a Marine and having forty different rifles.

The WGL pack looks amazing though.

Someone asked on these forums a couple of months ago about the re-textured mod and someone found a link but I can't find the thread anymore. banghead.gif

So are there any mods like FlashFX that don't require mods that add weapons and the like?

You could try the original FlashFX (Different from FFUR) that just replaced the explosions in the game:

FlashFX Version 1.8

As mentioned, you can look into newer sky textures. Also try checking out newer water textures, these are some of my favorites:

Status_cz Water Textures

and in my opinion, new animations make the models in OFP look much better, try out Sanctuary's pack (Don't worry, the picture is a joke smile_o.gif) :

Sanctuary's NextGen Animation Pack

I'm working on a unit replacement mod based off ECP. The only game play changes in my first release will be from ECP itself.

John's fire and smoke effects is a must, I can't even imagine playing OFP without 'em.