Sign in to follow this  
stingfish74

ECP question.ECP thread is locked,  posted here

Quote[/b] ]From the now disappeared ECP website/forum , even if it mentions a 1.086 update that unfortunately never went released as the team disbanded long time ago, it may be of some use :

I got this update from somewhere which I don't remember.

Snipet from text:

ECP Change Log -=- ECP Mod

--------------------------

See individual change logs (addons) or header of .cpp files for detailed changes.

1.086 - 01.08.05 (Komuna)

* Updated config.cpp

- Set class "Tank" destrType property to "DestructMan"

- Tanks will no longer explode on full damage, but according to "BIG BARRABOOM" chance.

They'll, instead, look disabled. The crew has higher chance of surviving.

- The end-user is allowed to determine whether or not he wants this effect as is.

* bug fix in "init.sqf"

- Prevented infinite recursive calls for objects which crew is theirselves

* Added bullet impact dust effect

- Updated the database:

- Added 212~216 index range to ECP_local

- Updated ECP_resources index 49

- Updated ECP_internal index 16

- Updated "resources\HitDust.sqs"

- Updated "eh_handler_fired.sqf"

1.085 - 08.07.05 (Shadow/Zayfod/Komuna) - RELEASE VERSION

Thank you all kindly for your help!

I can get ECP to work fine on HYK's latest units, but only the editor placed ones. I tried using

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{if (not (_x in (crew _x)) OR "Man" countType [_x] == 1) then {[_x] call (ECP_resources select 30)}} forEach thislist

instead of

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">thislist call (ECP_resources select 30)

but I still get the CTD banghead.gif

It's a pretty large mission and DAC is generating about 100 units. I have a trigger covering the whole map, which fires once the "Begin your mission" hint appears.

Thanks a lot!

Hey all,

I'd like to change the DSAI, want the resistance guys to speak English, not Russian. I checked the ECP files but looks too difficult for me... could anyone lend me a hand? Thx in advance!

Good topic, btw.

Can anyone identify the value to change for wreckage smoke duration? I'd like to emulate FDF's setting for the amount of time that columns of smoke billow out from wrecked tanks, armour etc.

I always thought that FDFs battlefields looked great, the smoke billows out for so long that you can see from miles aways the battlefield hotspots. You can even use them for navigation after a while smile_o.gif especially useful for missions that make extensive use of DAC.

Well,i think this might be it:ECP_expeff_smoking_debris_time.

Hello!

Sorry for diggin' up this thread but I've got a problem.

Some of missiles and rockets fired from some choppers and planes don't produce ECP's effects (explosions, fall damage, shock-dust etc.).

Besides, some tanks and APCs after explosion generate very-big-masses of black, thick smoke that covers whole vehicle.

Those tanks, APCs, choppers and planes are from addons. Explosions from "standard" BIS vehicles are ok...

Can anyone help?

Yes, some units may not fully utilize some of the ECP effects ( blood, smoke, fires). ECP only works on full scale with vanilla bis stuff. Check out the ecp readme on how to supply third party addons with full scale ecp effects. It says to place a trigger with on activation command. Usually it works fine. If it's not working, then you will have to edit their configs and add specific eventhandlers (which is really hairy stuff to do)

I know already it's a hard work. So I will stay with good SLX effects. They are working with all my addons:)

Is it possible to disable the ecp NVG?

I'd like to use the modulsky NV instead.

Thanks.