What to fix in the next patch

Hello,

Some ideas i got when playing opf were:

- What about a Multipalyer Map-Editor?

- I cant hear the horn of the car of other players in MP

- A Sound Addon with 44khZ

- Units: Bycycle

peace

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">6: AI instantly knowing your position when you've entered enemy vehicle.<span id='postcolor'>

I noticed more people compails about this. But I am unable to reproduce. Can anyone let me know what's wrong exactly in this? I've made a mission where I steal and enemy T80 or UAZ. There's AI in BMP and soldiers but nobody noticed. Even if I start moving, they still think I am a friendly unit. The soldier is around 50 m to the empty T80 and BMP is around 200 m.<span id='postcolor'>

I made a simple mission. It's on Everon. Put in any folder. Rename "namehere.Eden" and put the following text inside and rename it to mission.sqm. Load it up inside the mission editor. Maruk, substitute the vehicle for UAZ or whatever you like. End result is the same.

version=11.000000;

class Mission

{

addOns[]={};

randomSeed=5111299.000000;

class Intel

{

resistanceWest=0.000000;

resistanceEast=1.000000;

};

class Groups

{

items=3.000000;

class Item0

{

side="WEST";

class Vehicles

{

items=1.000000;

class Item0

{

position[]={4664.768555,17.594999,10725.711914};

id=0.000000;

side="WEST";

vehicle="SoldierWB";

player="PLAYER COMMANDER";

leader=1.000000;

skill=0.600000;

markers[]={};

};

};

class Waypoints

{

items=2.000000;

class Item0

{

position[]={4664.908203,17.594999,10726.023438};

synchronizations[]={};

class Effects

{

titleType="TEXT";

titleEffect="PLAIN DOWN";

title="I suggest you first walk or crawl to avoid being detected.";

};

timeoutMin=0.100000;

timeoutMid=0.100000;

timeoutMax=0.100000;

showWP="ALWAYS";

};

class Item1

{

position[]={4688.239258,17.594999,10726.838867};

id=1.000000;

type="GETIN";

synchronizations[]={};

class Effects

{

titleType="TEXT";

title="Your safe here. Now slide over and take the wheel. Don't even start the engine.";

};

showWP="ALWAYS";

};

};

};

class Item1

{

side="EAST";

class Vehicles

{

items=1.000000;

class Item0

{

position[]={4682.133301,17.594999,10692.338867};

azimut=45.000000;

id=2.000000;

side="EAST";

vehicle="SoldierEG";

leader=1.000000;

skill=0.600000;

markers[]={};

};

};

};

class Item2

{

side="EAST";

class Vehicles

{

items=4.000000;

class Item0

{

position[]={4696.207031,17.594999,10681.916016};

azimut=190.000000;

special="NONE";

id=3.000000;

side="EAST";

vehicle="OfficerE";

leader=1.000000;

rank="COLONEL";

skill=0.700000;

markers[]={};

};

class Item1

{

position[]={4695.882813,17.594999,10681.994141};

azimut=175.000000;

special="NONE";

id=4.000000;

side="EAST";

vehicle="SoldierEB";

rank="CORPORAL";

skill=0.700000;

markers[]={};

};

class Item2

{

position[]={4696.968262,17.594999,10681.671875};

azimut=180.000000;

special="NONE";

id=5.000000;

side="EAST";

vehicle="SoldierESaboteurPipe";

rank="SERGEANT";

skill=0.610474;

markers[]={};

};

class Item3

{

position[]={4697.282715,17.594999,10681.500000};

azimut=135.000000;

special="NONE";

id=6.000000;

side="EAST";

vehicle="SoldierEB";

rank="CORPORAL";

skill=0.610474;

markers[]={};

};

};

};

};

class Vehicles

{

items=2.000000;

class Item0

{

position[]={4688.239258,17.594999,10726.838867};

azimut=36.481190;

id=1.000000;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="TruckV3SCivil";

skill=0.600000;

markers[]={};

};

class Item1

{

position[]={4669.352539,19.125788,10723.369141};

azimut=135.000000;

special="NONE";

id=7.000000;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="ReammoBoxWest";

skill=0.610474;

markers[]={};

init="this addweaponcargo [""binocular"",1]";

};

};

class Sensors

{

items=2.000000;

class Item0

{

position[]={4687.959961,17.594999,10726.684570};

a=6.000000;

b=6.000000;

activationBy="VEHICLE";

timeoutMin=0.100000;

timeoutMid=0.100000;

timeoutMax=0.100000;

age="UNKNOWN";

idVehicle=0.000000;

class Effects

{

titleType="TEXT";

title="Good. Hop in the backseat first! Don't worry they shouldn't see you.";

};

synchronizations[]={};

};

class Item1

{

position[]={4693.251953,17.594999,10713.885742};

a=20.000000;

activationBy="WEST";

activationType="EAST D";

age="UNKNOWN";

class Effects

{

titleType="TEXT";

title="They detected you! Ok run around to the back and get in. If you make it alive your safe!";

};

synchronizations[]={};

};

};

};

class Intro

{

addOns[]={};

randomSeed=3253251.000000;

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroWin

{

addOns[]={};

randomSeed=15304195.000000;

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroLoose

{

addOns[]={};

randomSeed=13509123.000000;

class Intel

{

};

};

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maruk @ Jan. 25 2002,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">6: AI instantly knowing your position when you've entered enemy vehicle.<span id='postcolor'>

I noticed more people compails about this. But I am unable to reproduce. Can anyone let me know what's wrong exactly in this? I've made a mission where I steal and enemy T80 or UAZ. There's AI in BMP and soldiers but nobody noticed. Even if I start moving, they still think I am a friendly unit. The soldier is around 50 m to the empty T80 and BMP is around 200 m.<span id='postcolor'>

Try the mission from 1985 Campagin called 'Sabotuer', where a black op has to destroy as much tank as possible. I sneaked behind those tanks, and when i got into 4th one(the farthest on the west, all russian crews went prone and looked at my way, despite the fact that they were not looking at me before I enterd the vehicle.

First and foremost i would like to see some knew land. Mainly I want to see a new land with more focus on urban warfare. Huge cities so we can make some Black Hawk down like scenarios. Also you might could think about adding more features to the mission editor, and maybe even a (gasp!)...terrain editor. (Now that would be cool wouldn't it?)

Of course new weapons, are always good, and maybe a new class. Also...I don't know if you guys saw it, but a guy earlier mentioned something about adding a kneeling position. I'm all for that. Fixing the bounciness of the vehicles is a must also. AND PLEASE!! PLEASE!! PLEASE!! MAKE ANOTHER COOL MISSION THAT IS SIMILAR TO THE BATTLEFIELDS MISSION. THAT HAS BECOME MY FAVORITE MISSION NOW.

How about this small itty bitty little thing. I noticed this little bug after i installed 1.30. When you are in a tank or other armored land vehicle, the menu at the top left of the screen does not show what type of ammunition you are using. It still has the direction of the tank, and change color when damaged. But the damn thing is missing the ammo type. Makes it kind of difficult when you are trying to fire a HEAT round at a tank at the exact right time, but when you pull the trigger, a few measly little MG bullets come flying because you didn't know which ammo you were on.

Now, some have told me that this MIGHT Have been caused by an addon i installed. But, i rarely use addons. And, i took all of the ones i actually did have and deleted them. But the bug still appeared there. I would love if that was fixed. Unless you are positive that it is cause by an addon. Then i will look into the problem a little more closely and try to fix it myself. Thanks.......

tounge.gif PiNs_Da_Smoka tounge.gif

I would like to see

1. When you are waiting in the multiplayer screen it is hard to read text because it is white text on top of huge white letters(wouldn't be hard to fix)

2. If possible a mini map for vehicles such as aircraft that doesnt take you to a different screen. Nothing detailed just a lay of the land so you can get a good idea of where you are without crashing or having to land.

3.Wider range of joystick throttle usage for the torque in the helicopters.

1. When you respawn in Multiplayer you have the same weapons you started with.

2. The A.I. in multiplayer seems to stop attcking and start laying around after a few times they respawn.

3. Be able to swap positions while you are in the gunships! Go from gunner to pilot like you can do in the armoured vehicles.

There are two bugs that have hardly been mentioned that should be fixed

1)The faults in Malden.

a)North of Malden airport there is a missing slope that goes down to the sea

b)on the northern most tip of malden, the ground is missing completely.  you can stand on it, but its invisible

c)there is a texture of desert/beach sticking up out of the sea in the northwest corner of malden near near the small island with the hangar on it.  you can fly thru this with a chopper.  sometimes the texture sticks up a couple of hundred feet and sometimes its right on the water line

2)You cannot shoot thru the glass in the hind to kill the pilots.  this means that if any chopper ie. cobra or apache takes on the hind, it is almost certain that the hind will win because the pilots in the american choppers can easily be shot in their seat, while the hind must explode to get it out of the air.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

The following two screen shots show the texture sticking up out of the water on the northeast island on Malden at varying heights:

4.jpg

7.jpg

BTW.  its gr8 to see a developer asking the community what they want in the game =) keep up the good work.

<span style='color:red'>1) I am very sorry for my Czech lang here.

2) Chlapi z BIS, proc se netoci kola druhe napravy u SS-1 Scud ? Když s tím clovek zataci, vypadá to nerealisticky...

3) Co takhle pridat pár nových obrnenců ? Nebudu sem davat obrazky, jen linky...

OT-64 - kolovy OT znatelne chybi

Tatra nezná bratra - v tomto prípade vojsk CO, ale myslím, že další tezky nakladni automobil hre jenom prospeje...

Polsky W-3 Sokol by nebyl k mání?

No a ješte dve veci- UH-1 Huey. To mi tam chybí jako sul, když vyšel Jungle Everon. Já vím, není to vase prace, ale UH-1 je tahounem americke Vzdusne kavalerie...

A druha vec - Chtelo by to ostrov, ktery by protinala reka a par typu mostu do editoru</span>

Asi toho chci moc, ale chteli jste slyset nazory, tak tady je mate.

Jo a Marku, at se taky nekdy nekdo z tymu stavi na OPF.cz foru, tam byste nasli zajimavy nazory...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jamesm_007 @ Jan. 26 2002,08:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1)The faults in Malden.

a)North of Malden airport there is a missing slope that goes down to the sea

b)on the northern most tip of malden, the ground is missing completely.  you can stand on it, but its invisible

c)there is a texture of desert/beach sticking up out of the sea in the northwest corner of malden near near the small island with the hangar on it.  you can fly thru this with a chopper.  sometimes the texture sticks up a couple of hundred feet and sometimes its right on the water line.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah. I mentioned this already but I thought it was only me confused.gif . It's about time somebody got pic's of it up here...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just a few annoying little problem's...

1: When you kill the driver of a boat the boat keep's going. I noticed this the other night when building a beach assault mission. I killed the gunner and the driver of a Mark II PBR while he was turning. When he died the boat just kept going around and around in circles... A bit on the strange side...

<span id='postcolor'>

I have always thought of the "dead boat keeps sailing" as a feature, not a bug!

Real boats don't have speeders that require continious pressure. So if you die, the boat will just keep sailing on! This is very cool biggrin.gif

- Regarding the invisible terrain, the small island with the boat-bridge just east of Everon also has it. It's the southern side of the island, just down to the water. A huge section is missing.

Just in case you decided to fix the other ones.

- AI refuses to go through the gate arm at Everon airport. They will run the long way around the fence instead!

Cheers

Bug: Throttle control.

1) Setup needs forward/reverse option for planes vs. helos

2) Throttle too sensitive and needs to be seriously looked into.

3) Flight model of planes & helos could use any improvements you can throw at it.

I posted a message earlier, but don't see it now. How'd it disappear? I don't think it was inappropriate or worthy of being removed. Wonder what happened to it?

i would like my screen from not getting clipped everytime i enter a vehicle! I hate having to look at a green wall 2 meters infront of me. I am forced to drive the vehicles in the outside view, this bug came about after the 1.3 patch. Please fix it becuase it detracts from my game a lot. I have far above the minmal reqs for the game. and a athlon comp

I've not been playing this great game for very long so far, so I can't complain about too much... still learning much of it.

But since you asked...

Aircraft: The Helicopters seem to lack any kind of mass.... there is no feeling of momentum or inertia. They shoot into the air at the slightest touch of collective, they change direction on a dime. They also don't seem to sideslip very well... add lateral cyclic, and you are leaning almost 45 degrees to the side before you really start to move. One thing that ALL heli sims seem to get wrong... the fuselage tilts way too much at speed. The fuselage should hang much like a pendulum under the main rotor, it is the rotor disc that tilts to cause direction change and speed, not the entire aircraft.

Maybe mass is an overall vehicle problem... that would explain why tanks bounce about when shot at with rifles.

Still, it's a lot of fun. One of my favorite things to do is just fly around in an OH-58. The visuals of flying just over the treetops, with the truly amazing forests in this game, are just superb... and this is coming from a real-life helicopter pilot.

I guess it depends on what card you have as to whether it "sucks" or not, but don't hold your breath, I really don't see it happening smile.gif

When driving with vehicles the sound of the motor of the vehicle goes up and down (not regularly, sometimes it stays loud and then suddenly it goes down and so on).

When I drive fast with the vehicles (not the tanks I think) the sound begin to scratch.

Thanks to have the patient to listen some humble player advices.

i just noticed the missing terrain in everon aswell on the small N-E island when i was playing the last mission in the american champaign (status quo), so i got a screenie of it.

i also agree with the earlier post that says boats should keep going when the driver dies, as it is more realistic.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Marak when you asked what bugs we wanted fixing in the next patch I certainly did'nt think there was so many. But everyone who has posted in here, have also praised the hard work and dedication you guys have put in to built this gem from scratch. If you can fix these bugs the game just gets better and better. BIS has a growing and loyal fan base and its an innovation that our imput is being sort in this way. So get stuck in guys we wait with baited breath............................

Bring on the 1.44

Thanks for listening to my ramblings lol

The Big Ouoooose

I think that water-issue is kinda like a tide.

change the date and month and you'll see.....

I remember I saw the northern harbour at Kolgujev was completely flooded at a certain month and date.

AI soldiers moving uphills much faster then the player can, they do not sidestep and still leave the human player far behind them.

the detection range of AI is sometimes too short (im talking about sight, not sound detection of foot steps), u can see it in the menu scane similar to thet in the demo version, russian soldiers ignore the m113 even when its in a very close range.

the SUPER AI feature is not good, the ability to kill from miles in 1 shot (super aim) wont make this game more fun, its just suicide. maby creat some mid skill levels for AI.

some has already said thet Ai should react better to shots fired near them, they should prepare their guns faster.

sometimes they ingnore shots hitting the ground when fired from great distance.

the command "use m16/ak47" for AT soldiers doesnt work (even in 1.42).

there r cases when fellow soldiers (ai) wont climb captured enemy vehicles driven by the player, they climb in and jump out.

implant kneel for ai please.

please implant the ability to change distanceview within the game, and not just through the editor.

lots of freezing when connection to server has been lost,

many times when the player wants to quit, it wont go back to the main menu.

its a great game BIS (the disk almost hasnt moved from my drive since the end of september), big thanks for your support.

I was just able to fix my laser designator... but the a-10 (lgb)s dont even attempt to drop the bomb... ai goes up hills to fast... a giant rock just up north of the malden hangar in the north west cornor... i fly right through it though...

I'd also like to see some support to make scripting easier for the n00bs

Right, Ive read all the above comments, bugfixes and suggested features. Im going to repeat the ones I find particularly relavent to my gameplay.

FIXES

- No command option for teammates in vehicles to detonate satchel charges. They have to be out their vehicle whereas I can detonate mine if I am in a vehicle.

- Infinite eject from aircraft. From Helicopters I can tell my gunner to eject, pick him up, and get him to continuously eject with this pattern. Ejecting from any aircraft should then 'lock' that position from re-entry. The exeptions would be the personell carrier 'ride in back' positions, as they have specific ports for bailing out.

- Helicopters can stay alive upside down (on their rotors), and function.

- Helicopters strafe way too slow and in an unorthodox way, they pivot more than their lateral movement suggests.

- Inability to drop items

- Inability to give items to other squadmates. They have to be piggybacked off dead soldiers.

- Tank/vehicle uphill travelling with dead crew.

- Infinite vehicle bouncing, pinball table style after hard hitting explosions (satchel charges under chassis).

REALISM CHANGES

- Pilots of aircraft should have a higher chance of being killed by weapons with AA capabilities (Shilka guns, Stingers, Helicopter MG's)

- Vehicle explosions. Ground based vehicle deformation looks real cool, I think they should be deformed just a little more. Aircraft should fragment in specific circumstances. Like when I fly an airplane into a forest, my completely intact but slightly deformed A10 bounces about 200 ft skyward, which kinda places a comedy effect and spoils the game somewhat.

GAMEPLAY FEATURE ADDITIONS

- Ability to disable mines.

- The plus/minus on the keypad can be used to narrow/widen the field of view, and I personally preferr the viewpoint offered when I hold the minus button down (wider). There should be facility in the options menu to definde the FOV of your soldier to individual preferrence.

- Ability to stack orders in-game (multiple move orders; "2 MOVE TO Bush 3'o'clock, THEN MOVE TO House 5'o'clock").

- A 'Ignore Target' order (e.g "ALL IGNORE TARGET, UAZ 10'o'clock"), getting past the Capture Guba's mission requires me to 'HOLD FIRE' on almost all my entire squad because almost all my soldiers launch LAWs at the jeep as it drives thru my ideal cut-off point and my team end up killing him inadvertantly.

- A 'No Explosives' order in the engage menu possibly, so you can tell your squad to reserve their LAWS and grenades for a more convenient time. Good if you want your team to ignore surrounding armour in favour of infantry targets ("ALL, CONSERVE EXPLOSIVES").

- If at all possible, would be superb if soldiers COULD actually add their personal firepower to vehicles as it suggests in the game manual with the BMP and the gunports. Would be real awesome to ride shotgun on the sides of a helicopter (especially for snipers).

I think the staticky sound is a problem with soundblaster cards, my reasoning for this is i have one u have one and a few other peeps that get this staticky noise have one, other peeps i know that don't have one don't get the static noise..enough your talkin in riddles........

Just a few of things:

1. Stop a wrecked chopper sliding down hills. If it hits the hill, keep the wreckage where it strikes.

2. Same goes for empty choppers after they land on a slope.

3. Add some smoke trails to aircraft when they are hit.

4. Allow small arms fire to take out a chopper.

5. A whole M16 mag to kill a seagull??? confused.gif

6. Allow the player to stand at the ready, like the AI. Kinda looks dumb having the player walking about sighting down his rifle all the time.

7. Include the ability to decrease the AI of enemies as well as your own men. To allow for surprise attacks close up.

8. After a chopper blows up. Cut the engine noise immediately.

9. More realistic building wreckage. The deformed look spoils an otherwise excellent war sim.

10. Realistic wounding. Zone the wounding and instant kill spots on the human body, ie. Shot in arm - disable that arm, shot in the other arm - drop the weapon, headshot - instant death, etc. For example: Shooting a guy twice in the leg shouldn't make him drop dead immediately.

11. And I agree; allow the player's apc or tank to keep up with the other vehicles when climbing hills.

Cheers 8)