Sign in to follow this  
maruk

What to fix in the next patch

Please let us know what do you want to have fixed in the next patch.

Currently, we would like to fix:

- IS DOWN message still being repeated in multiplayer sometimes

- problems during GET IN in multiplayer (player doesn't get in properly sometimes)

- more robust against some not well made user made addons (currently, some user made addons could modify the core config file of the game - causing USES MODIFIED CONFIG FILE and also general problems with the game)

Is there anything you consider as a critical bug (bug, not missing features or content) in the game? Plase focus rather on one really important bug instead of trying to post various minor glitches etc.

Thank you.

Well I have a problem that seems hard to get rid of. After launching OFP and playing for a few minutes, the screen turns green and I hear some kind of digital noise (like changing the frequency forth and back on a radio) and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to shutdown OFP.

Then I formatted and re-installed Windows 2000 professional, and installed OFP again (and DX8 of course, this time from Windows update). Still the same problem, OFP is unplayable. I doubt it is the CD, as I have been very careful when using it.

I am not sure whether this is caused by the 1.42 patch, everything was OK when using the previous versions.

My system:

P3-700, 384mb SDram (133)

GeForce 256 PRO graphics card w/32mb DDR ram (I replaced the cooling fan with a Blue Orb recently)

25GB WD 5400rpm disk

DVD tray

Midiman Audiophile 2496 soundcard

Billion ISDN card (never caused any kind of problem)

Am using the latest stable drivers, and like I said, everything was perfect until one of the most recent patches - but I am not sure that is it. Basically, I have not had any chance to explore the 1.42 and what bugs would be left by now, because of the CTD all the time.

Regards

Hidden

Well, I must say that I do have also strange background noise.

It is really anoying. Indeed I never had these problems with

my previous PC that was Win98se+SBlive based and patch

v1.30.

Now, with my new setup I have to systematicaly disable

both hardware and EAX support if I don't want to get strange

noises. I am using Gold edition + patch 1.42. I must also

say that this is a fresh install on WinXP, with almost no

software but OFP ! As you will see from my config, it might

be related to nForce based sound, but other games work fine.

Using WinXP I always have to do a CTRL-TAB to make a

second mouse pointer disapear ...

I also wish to have a better support for joystick to control

planes and helicopters for instance...but that's not a real bug !

Here is my config :

= WinXP Home 2002 (NTFS)

= ATHLON XP1600+ @1400Mhz Alpha PAL6035

= MSI K7N420Pro bios v2.0 nForce v1.0

= 2 x 256 Mo DDR CAS2 (slot 1 & 3)

= GeForce3 ASUS V8200 Dlx (Driver 23.11)

= Adaptec AHA 2940-U2Wide LVD

= Olitec PCI V92 V2

= Fujitsu MAM3367 36Go SCSI-LVD 15000 rpm

= DVD ASUS 8X max

= CD ASUS 50X max

= CDRW Yamaha SCSI 4/2/16

= 21' Sony GDM-5410

= Logitech TrackMan Wheel ps2

= MS FFB Wheel USB

= MS Sidewinder FFB2 USB

biggrin.gif

1.When ordering a MOVE-command to a whole squad, the move-marker should be visible. It only works when commanding a single unit. (same problem with targeting, though I'm not sure).

2. A Soldier can climb up hill faster when moving sideways (strafe).

3. AI tanks seem to climb up hills faster than should.

4. AI soldiers should hear better, when firing with M-16 just 200-300 meters away, enemy AI-soldier should be alerted...

5. AI tanks can see too far in bad vicinity, especially when its foggy...

I love this game, thank you

Corporal Taku    

LDDK

http://kyllikki.cjb.net/

The long-distance footsteps and breathing sounds still take away alot of the suspense (with EAX & HW enabled). confused.gif

There are still problems with triggers using timers when playing MP (even on 100Mbit LAN) and triggers using 'detected by'.

In my experience they usually activate as soon as the mission have started. In other words: it seems they behave like if their conditions were set to 'true'

Dedicated Sever, remote admin?

One thing that is hurting the game is this.

The big Server farms and game server hosting companies will not support OFP. This is making running and squad and playing fun games really hard to do.

I have cash waiting to rent a server but its unsupported due to a unstable .exe is the response I get.

http://www.jolt.co.uk

Please contact a game server renting company and work out something please wink.gif

thats all for now hehe.

cheers BIS.

Hi, im running windows XP as well, and I am also getting the second mouse pointer bug. Bit annoying as it means either changing the resolution or minimising the game, both of which can cause graphical glitches.

And one more thing, any chance of EAX 2.0 support ? To make the most of my Soundblaster Audigy. Effects like Occlusion whilst in vehicles etc, would be great ! smile.gif

The ai of the cessna still can't land at Malden airport in 1.42 (so automatic landing doesn't work). But landing on Everon is no problem.

The controls of the cessna are probably too sensitive.

When ordering your man to look at another member of your squad, the designated member starts to spin.

ex)

Alpha 1(Leader): All watch 2

(2 starts to spin in the position.)

and if possible, another function to disarm vehicles.

"removeAllWeapons this" does not work for vehicles, but does freeze the computer.

Great job with all these patches, BIS!!!

I wish I can give you all a big wet kiss!!!(I heard EU-pians don't mind guys kissing guys?)

- Sometimes when i shut down opf the mouse pointer changes to bright yellow square (about 1cm X 1cm)

- In Everon, in Morton some of the corner houses (near the fountain) second floor windows are bull proof.

- ... is down.

Thank you

masa

Tank engines should be more powerful. Can't believe a tank would slow down to bicycle speed when climbing hills.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tlx @ Jan. 24 2002,18:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tank engines should be more powerful. Can't believe a tank would slow down to bicycle speed when climbing hills.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes right it's weird the way that tanks and apc had problems climbing hills.

I also get that staticky sound problem too sometimes.

Config:

-Pentium III 1ghz

-Radeon 32mb DDR

-Creative SBLive Sound Card

-Logitech USB Mouse

BTW: If you add some stuff add some more SAMs and the M249 SAW. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lord Talis @ Jan. 24 2002,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tank engines should be more powerful. Can't believe a tank would slow down to bicycle speed when climbing hills.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes right it's weird the way that tanks and apc had problems climbing hills.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, tanks slow down too much when going uphill, that'd definitely be a good one to fix. Thanks for the wonderful game!

After playin OFP online for about 30 minutes .......when u come to shutdown the game it sometimes hangs and freezes for up to 3 minutes ......i know 3 ppl who this has happened to including me confused.gif

When running OFP under XP (dont know if other OS have same problem or not) the game will minimize itself sometimes. Happens infrequently, but still a problem. Seems to be most noticable on some user made multiplay missions when using LAW (or any shoulder mounted weapon of this type) or when in armored vehicles.

- AI support for the kneeling position.

- Vehicles should bounce slightly less.

- Ground vehicles should take damage from driving off cliffs.

- Any extra editing tools would be great. smile.gif

Edit: It seems I have completely ignored the instructions...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 24 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish I can give you all a big wet kiss!!!(I heard EU-pians don't mind guys kissing guys?)<span id='postcolor'>

ermmmm,you heard wrong

- Somtimes the tank turrets will not move while looking  through optics in gunners position. Can be solved by getting in and out of the tank.

EDIT: I have managed to reproduce this bug. It happens when the tank commander is 'turned out'.

Please make the vehicles stop bouncing so much...especially when you shot at them.

One more thing…I don’t know if you could call it a “bug†but as others here are saying tanks really need more powerful engines... They should not go faster…just be stronger.

Thanks for a great game! smile.gif

1.Can't see soldiers through glass

2.missions in multiplayer should have briefing at the mission select screen instead of

Having to go into a mission to find out what the objective.the single missions had

a brief at the select screen.

3.sometimes in multiplayer i would host and my dad would join and i got in a chopper as

the pilot and my dad as the gunner and i would take off but on my dads screen the

chopper would still be on the ground turned off!

4.More Vehicals/Weapons

5.Improved netcode!!

Thanks

DYING AIN'T MUCH OF A LIVING BOY !!!!!!

1.Can't see soldiers through glass

2.missions in multiplayer should have briefing at the mission select screen instead of

Having to go into a mission to find out what the objective.the single missions had

a brief at the select screen.

3.sometimes in multiplayer i would host and my dad would join and i got in a chopper as

the pilot and my dad as the gunner and i would take off but on my dads screen the

chopper would still be on the ground turned off!

4.More Vehicals/Weapons

5.Improved netcode!!

Thanks

DYING AIN'T MUCH OF A LIVING BOY !!!!!!

Serious consideration should be given to allowing players to enter a game in the middle of a map, as opposed to waiting until the next round. Perhaps and option for server admins to enable/disable this feature. Also, when people speak on the voicecomms, it should display who is speaking. There are a lot of inconsiderate and immature players that make repeated obscene comments or just make irritating sounds and theres no way to kick them. confused.gif