Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

Carry Addon release

Carry Addon

This Addon was designed to give missionmakers the possibility to add more realism to their missionobjectives. For example i played some missions where your objective was to steal infos from the enemy (Blueprints, Data....) but the only thing happend when i reached the objective was a Hint:â€You have the Blueprints†. I found this anoying so i made this addon and now it is possible to add these objects to the player, so they are visible in inventory and visible when placed on the ground. I just created a invisible weapon like “Throw†or “Putâ€, which uses those objects as “magazinesâ€. This system is modular and can be improved/ added more modules by everyone.

NOTE: If you add a module you have to add the new magazine names to the AS-Carry.pbo config.cpp and release with patched AS-Carry.pbo.

If you want to add this addon to your units you have to type: This addweapon “AS_tragenâ€; or simply add it to the weapons in the unit config.

Download FIXED VERSION 1.01

Thanks to SWAT for the help with the Mirror

I guess some of you would like to see some sample pictures.

Blueprints on the ground.

121li7.jpg

And the objects from the CTE Module

allgf8.jpg

Yes, if the community would like it, i would add some more objects.

OO YES!

It is getting better by the fkn day! rofl.gifrofl.gif

First a map to play on...

With the new UKF toys...

Doing hardcore SF on some guys smuggling nuclear shit...

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif Awesome!

How's about ammo?

Like certain round types, say the typical affair, m16 round, ak rounds etc.??

Here's some more random thought:

1.)Ammo (as stated)

2.)generic key

3.)photograph(which you can place your own custom image to)

4.)map (of the islands)

5.)random personal items like a heart locket, a cross

6.)military dog tags

7.)some more top secret military hardware, like microchips etc.

@Iceflyer

1: Nope sorry, no ammo, why? I tested this because i thought this could get usefull for AI MG-Assistants but i discovered that this would be cheating because if you had an MG-Mag you could fire it even if theres no primaryweapon in your hand.

Points 2 to 7 added to my list.

BTW: Had anyone an errormessage because of this addon?

i do, something about the config error about sat1

@Iceflyer

1: Nope sorry, no ammo, why? I tested this because i thought this could get usefull for AI MG-Assistants but i discovered that this would be cheating because if you had an MG-Mag you could fire it even if theres no primaryweapon in your hand.

Points 2 to 7 added to my list.

How 'bout just an ammo belt, no firing capabilities at all? Think of a mission where you gotta go and grab more belts of ammo to your MG squad from another bunker when the enemy attacks your line of defence.

I tried to give the capability to the player but everything i tried ended in the same result: If you are able to pic up an MG belt or AK47 Mag you have the possibility to use them as weapons and this would be cheating, in my opinion sad_o.gif

what about a static belt which just looks like a ammo belt.

where can i find them in the editor to place on the map?

You can only add them to vehicles (ammoboxes, NPCs, Cars....)

Sorry but i found no way of placing a single object/magazine on the ground via editor. Because the objects are defined as magazines.

can u pls make also make an objects version.......im just finding it hard to use in a mission where u need have it in your inventory to complete the objective. e.g. player hasweapon "sgaerg"....since its an ammo

id love to use those objects on a mission, ive made a script for acquiring the objects on my missions which involves deletevehicle and setpos

cheers

I was thinking about the problem you mentioned, but since iam not a scripter i wasnt able to crack this. But maybe one of you has an idea. As i mentioned this is an open source addon free for everybody to improve.

EDIT: If it would be ammo you could spawn it via camcreate.

But since it is the magazine based on the weapon config iam not sure if this work.

But i have another solution, making static objects which, when close to them, adding player the action "Pick up AH64 Blueprint". But this will double the file size. Iam sure that theres a simple way.

Why not make 'em equipment? I remember back in days someone released a "top secret documents addon" which had pretty much the same idea as your addon. When one dropped it, it was visible on the ground and you could put it into cars, men etc. When you picked it up, it came into the equipment slot, thus the one which NVGoggles and binoculars use. And AFAIK NVGoggles and Binoculars are weapons, so why not the object too? The bad thing is that you had to sacrifice either your binocs or NVGoggles when you pick up the object, but that's life.

The prob. is that there are only 2 Places for equipment in ofp. What if your objectives are to steal more than 2 Blueprints...?

Finally i think the objects are defined as weapons. I am searching for a solution at the moment to make this addon more usable.

is it posible u make some ww2 docs and stuff cos that would b a great help 4 my mission cos carring a modern day helicopter blue print a tad odd -great addon thanks-

@Cpt_Smeg: If i understood you right you want some WWII Plane Blueprints and some other old stuff. Ok ill add that to my list. Maybe an Enigma could get usefull?

What a brillian idea! Thanks for making this addon. Is it possible to make the documents that I still "readable", so that once I get the document, I can read it in my inventory window? This way you can first still a document that can tell you where is the main objective located (f.e. a case with secret weapon).

Also, can any of these "nuke cases" can be blown up like satchel charges (BIG fucking satchel charges!!!wink_o.gif. Same goes for chemical weapons.

Its not possible to read the documents in your inventory but you can see whats on them when you put them on the ground. I think it should be simple to add a "read document" action in a mission, for example BigX did it in his great Red Shadow mission.

The suitcases are not thought to blown up, there where addons for Conspiracies The Experience and there where only containers for artefacts.

an enigma would b great and maps would also b gd 2 thx

the smeg is in your debt

A couple of ideas for objects:

1) Pack of cigarettes (for those hanging around the base when enemy suddely attacks-missions)

2) Stack of money

3) Bag of heroine

4) Generic briefcase (no nuke symbols)

oh drugs would be great [ wink_o.gif ] lol id be able to make drug smuggler/take down missions lol thumbs-up.gif