Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

Carry Addon release

I can donate a few drug models and textures if you want them.

oh another great idea, what about a small Jerry Can, which can refuel vehicals so if you run out of petrol you go the petrol station and get a jerry can and go back to your car?

ok added. But note iam not a scripter, so i will be not able to add refuel cappabilitys to those objects, that will be work for the missiondesigners.

I was thinking about the problem you mentioned, but since iam not a scripter i wasnt able to crack this. But maybe one of you has an idea. As i mentioned this is an open source addon free for everybody to improve.

EDIT: If it would be ammo you could spawn it via camcreate.

But since it is the magazine based on the weapon config iam not sure if this work.

But i have another solution, making static objects which, when close to them, adding player the action "Pick up AH64 Blueprint". But this will double the file size. Iam sure that theres a simple way.

can u pls make 2 types this version and add an objects type one. i really like these objects........

Ok what do u think about this? Ill add those objects defined as ammocrates, each with its specific "magazine"item and only 1 magazinecargo place.

For a bit there I read "Carry On Addons Released"

rofl.gif

Heh, I think that means we need new and unique name for this addon. tounge2.gif

The prob. is that there are only 2 Places for equipment in ofp. What if your objectives are to steal more than 2 Blueprints...?

Finally i think the objects are defined as weapons. I am searching for a solution at the moment to make this addon more usable.

Hey Al, could this addon be somehow mated to Mapfact's "Rucksack" addon, in a way to enhance carrying capacity? Would be cool...

Also, do you have a "gold bar" object? If not, that would also be cool to have - since all kinds of units seem to be attracted to having that - pirates, WW2 soldiers ("Kelly's Heroes" anyone? rofl.gif ) or even the recent "Three Kings"... biggrin_o.gif

OK, so if someone has suggestions about the new name, please post here.

Gold bar added to list. wink_o.gif

my ideas r ww2 oreinated

1. Enigma machine

2. Enigma code books

3. ww2 documents + blueprints

4. ww2 OSS or OSE stuff like radios or pistols and spy cams

Bags with dollar signs on 'em. Stack of dynamite.

I'm thinking wild west here, not many missions have been made with that theme even though we have units and weapons for it (CWMOD, anyone?)

Enigma machine and WW2 docs and Blueprints are already on my list.

As i already said iam not a scripter and i have no idea how to combine this addon with the map-Rucksacks, but your right it would be usefull to have this possibility.

BUZZARD @ Aug. 04 2006,17:20)]Also, do you have a "gold bar" object?

Now that would take up alot of inventory space. wink_o.gif

Ok, mates i will be off. for this weekend, so let me announce the Mission Objectives Module 2

Content

-Dogtags

-Photos

-BIS Islands Maps

-WW2 Blueprints

-WW2 docs

-data storage (USB-Stick, CD, Disk)

-Drugs

-Goldbar and coins

-Fuel can

-Enigma machine

-some other personal stuff (Ring, KGB-Patch)

You can use the weekend to suggest more objects and a new name for this addon wink_o.gif

See u on monday

MG ammo box (reminds me of the scene in Platoon where they had one full of maps n stuff boobytrapped)? Pile of money, as of bills? Letters would be nice too, think a hitman style mission where you must kill a postman to access a letter which would contain important information about... something.

I think you can define all carryable things as "dummy weapons".

Take a look at the MERCS Safe-Addon:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9984

They defined the code-number for the safe as a dummy weapon. It does not need any space in your inventory,

but you can use the "hasweapon"-command with it.

And if the player carrying it gets killed, he drops it and everyone can take it, just like a weapon.

quote from the addon-readme:

"In the demo mission an enemy officer carries the Note with the Code and drops it

like any other "weapon" once he's killed, allowing the player to pick it up and

access the Code. The officers init field looks like this:

this addWeapon "MERCS_Code_Paper";

If you want the player to have that Note with the Code right away, just put that

same line in his own init field. A player that has that Note can check the Code

anytime using the action menu. "

Shouldn´t be to difficult to make your carry addon more like this and it would have so many advantages for mission editing.

If you need help with the config, I´ll try to help...

eg. you could add a jpg (or .paa-file) of the blueprint that could be shown, if with an action-menu entry like "view blueprint"...

or something like "count money" if you´re carrying money

or "smoke a cigarette" if you carry cigarettes (with the smoking anim someone made...)

Shouldn´t be to difficult to make your carry addon more like this and it would have so many advantages for mission editing.

If you need help with the config, I´ll try to help...

eg. you could add a jpg (or .paa-file) of the blueprint that could be shown, if with an action-menu entry like "view blueprint"...

or something like "count money" if you´re carrying money

or "smoke a cigarette" if you carry cigarettes (with the smoking anim someone made...)

I think that is up to the mission designer, you can count the magazines the player has, and if its 1 or greater you can add an action to the player. Better not to limit the designer. smile_o.gif

As for the smoking animation, it's not that tough to do with OFP Anim, and I think there is one already out.

I think that is up to the mission designer, you can count the magazines the player has, and if its 1 or greater you can add an action to the player. Better not to limit the designer. smile_o.gif

Seems I didn´t express my point clearly...

You can do this:

Count Magazines? with hasweapon "AS_tragen"...

but you cannot say what kind of magazines, (so which things) the player carries.

With the hasweapon-command you can. Did you try the MERCS-Safe addon? Maybe then you´ll understand.

There would be much less limitation with the things defined as dummy-weapons.

Here are a few more things that should be carriable:

- different keys, a key-card, a bunch of keys

- Passport, pass permit

- Crucifix

- different tools

- police badge

@Dr.Pepper

Your idea sounds really good, but theres still a problem. AFAIK theres no limit in how many Dummyweapons the player can pick up. Maybe i should explain why i started up with that addon. First it was only for the old Cast Away Project, the player should be able picking up ressources (wood,steel....) but only a limited amount, so i decided to make it the magazine way.

But maybe we find a solution to improve this pack. Ill send u a PM DR.Pepper

yeah i believe thats a better idea

use the dummy weapon instead of magazines

Hmm, but can those DummyWeapons be seen in teh inventory? Think of a police campaign, it sure would be nice to see whether you have your badge or not when clothed as a civilian.

Well Dr.Pepper and me are working on a new system which combines the good sides of both, my system and the dummyweapons.