Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Armed Assault Radio End

I've gotten tired of the lame scramble at the end of every radio command and decided to change it to one that replicates the Armed Assault radio ending. This might not seem like a big deal to some, but to me it gives the game a much better feel to me.

Here is a sample:

http://media.putfile.com/RadioSample

The only problem is I don't know how to let you guys download it without you having to download the whole voice.pbo. I rared it and it still comes to 25MB. Anyone know how I could do this?

Try looking into how the sky-packs install themselfs. They have a little program made by kegetys that unpacks the .pbo and then repacks it with the new data. I'm sure the same could be done with the voice.pbo.

But anyways 25mb is not that large anyways and I could always mirror it on ofpfiles.

25MB is fine for me. Either that or you could simply put up the files themselves and tell people how to implement it (eg, UnPBO, RePBO and whatnot).

Could you please PM me the files by themselves? I'd like to try this out. You have been a busy lad lately. wink_o.gif

I would rather keep the squelch at the end than “beep, beepâ€. Sounds like a civilian network rather than a military one.

The only problem is I don't know how to let you guys download it without you having to download the whole voice.pbo. I rared it and it still comes to 25MB. Anyone know how I could do this?

Use pbo Patcher by Nashe Orujie thumbs-up.gif

Todays military should have better walkies (ignore the fact that I say 'walkies' ) then squelching ones, right?

And I won't mind a 25mb voice.pbo replace file, I'm cool with it.

So you have three options,

make a modfolder, where you have @radiobeep\dta\voice.pbo

where you run -mod=@radiobeep to get the change

or you just release a voice.pbo for us to replace (and then ofcourse backup the old one)

or you do as Mr Burns said, use PBO patcher from OW.

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

where i can download this thing?

when you don´t have an host for thing i can put it on our server an host it for you.

Just send me the file per icq, or email odr what ever.

email: berliner19@coop-center.de

Downloading 25mbs for a single sound replacement is ridiculous.. Use PBO patcher or something.

Well i dont mind the 25mb download. I could probaly get a mirror for you from GOL just pm if you need one.

Sounds all rong to me and rather anoing but maby its because i play 1985 mostly.

STGN

I guess I'm going along the route of manual replacement.  I can't get the llauma installer to work because I have no idea what I'm doing biggrin_o.gif

Its only 1 ping!

That would be fucking awesome to have. Ive been trying to get radio chatter with the ping for some time now.

the US radio systems use that ping, its very nice to have a mission with lets say a IED and all of a sudden a boost in radio traffic, everybody is shouting things to eachother... Great!

I have an actual military radio squelch suond implemented, anyone want it?

right on

Chammy,please could you send it to me as well? Iv'e just sent you a pm! Also this replacement is ok,but i think it would be excellent with just one ping. (one ping is the reaL deal) wink_o.gif

Yes....also send it to me, please! notworthy.gif

Thanks

Imutep smile_o.gif

no problemo guys