Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

Custom Faces

Will there be custom faces in ARMA?

I've been looking around and havent found really anything about it. Will there be custom faces in ARMA? Cause the faces dont look like just a texture map, looks almost like what we have in Oblivion. Anyone know or is it just another well see when its out?

Thanks

Well custom faces are in Flashpoint so I don't see why they would remove features in flashpoint unless ArmA has an "Engine Limitation" for custom faces.

Well custom faces are in Flashpoint so I don't see why they would remove features in flashpoint unless ArmA has an "Engine Limitation" for custom faces.

Well if you take a look at the faces they dont lok like jpgs over a mesh, they look alot like "facegen".

I don't expect them to have custom faces...and I hope not.

Maybe it's just me, but it ruins the entire experience when I see some jerk with a clown face or other "funny" faces...

Maybe it's just me, but it ruins the entire experience when I see some jerk with a clown face or other "funny" faces...

Heh but what about normal faces?

I'd rather have clown faces than everybody looking the same. Like in other games: your class is your face. Bleh!

--Ben

I'd rather have clown faces than everybody looking the same. Like in other games: your class is your face. Bleh!

--Ben

I support random faces, but not custom ones...random faces can easily be done, and I believe has.

Well thats where something like facegen comes in. But I still want custom faces. Its a must in OFP type games.

Its also very handy.

If you are in a clan afther a while you will remember the faces of the other players in the clan and with that info you can see who is who.

Hopefully the "custom face" will include an area of your jacket that you can write your name. Identifying people in a MP game if you don't have anything but visual is hard!

Well thats where something like facegen comes in. But I still want custom faces. Its a must in OFP type games.

Must be? I'll still sleep at night comfortably without it icon_rolleyes.gif

in my opinion was a custom face one of the killer features in ofp.

custom faces is a MUST !!!

Quote[/b] ]Maybe it's just me, but it ruins the entire experience when I see some jerk with a clown face or other "funny" faces...

Yup, I hate those too. But anyways, there's no doubt custom faces will be supported.

A facegen would be real cool, but you can make ugly faces with that too. biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Yepp, it's a must ;}

Everything has its goods and bads,yes people have ways to kind of ruin the experience but custom faces is one of OFP's biggest features,because with it,unlike other games,everyone does not look like a clone of another,I get tired of looking and people and think..."Hey,did't I just see that guy five yard back? Oh look siamese twins!" Its better to have it than not.

Obviously, I'm also supporting custom faces, but I agree with the game ruining "wanted to be funny" faces.

If server admins had the guts to upset people, they could disallow funny faces in the server rules and then kick anyone using funny faces from the server.

It's what I would do.

So...you don't want realistic infantry combat, nah, realistic tank combat, nah, better graphics, nah...you want..to be able to have some stupid clown face?

Here's hoping that BIS wont include it and a bunch of these fanboys will come to "boycott" ArmA icon_rolleyes.gif

So...you don't want realistic infantry combat, nah, realistic tank combat, nah, better graphics, nah...you want..to be able to have some stupid clown face?

Here's hoping that BIS wont include it and a bunch of these fanboys will come to "boycott" ArmA icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL i dont want clown faces either, but i would like to use a face that I can choose.

Your right it does ruin the feel of the game. Ok "2" move up that hill ok?

*BANG!*

(Death Scene)

WTF?@! I was killed by a clown?! mad_o.gif

I think every solution for a custom thing can be used for bad and good things too. I think it should be put into the game, like custom sound. In OFP I use it for signaling, since it can be anything (like a beep). But it can be turned off in the server setup. So I think adding it won't be a problem, but of course, a solution for turning it off would be the best. I think custom faces are good. Me and my clanmembers are useing our own faces, sometimes with camo. I think it gives a good feeling to the game. (and of course some cover too, for eg.: check my avatar wink_o.gif )

yay.gif

The banning of custom things are not the solution, but the option to turn it off. (It's only my opinion of course) smile_o.gif

Servers have the ability to disable custom faces in Flashpoint, I’m sure they’ll have the same power to do so in Armed Assault. In regards for allowing custom faces BUT not the silly ones. Well frankly that’s just up to the administrators to stipulate that. But surely anyone with a brightly coloured face would be easier to notice, thus kill.

I support custom faces, it’s a way of personalising your character, your friends and enemies will both learn your face as opposed being a generic one. smile_o.gif

It'd be nice if the server admin could selectively approve and disapprove of the faces of clients.

I also feel that a "silly" clown face doesn't ruin the game at all, FFS it's just a way of expressing one's self, and gives players an identity. I don't care what someone's custom face looks like, the game is still fun.

IMHO a clown face is better than a clone face ANYDAY. Some of you say that a funny face ruins the game for you but 100 soldiers sharing 5 faces doesn't? How about when a soldier model flies aircraft, does that ruin the game for you? If you can stand that, then you can stand a stupid face. At least you can tell people apart. Even with a stupid face I know who's who even when they change models.

Custom faces was just one of the things that helped maked OFP the best combat game EVER. Taking anything like this out of the game is a step backwards from the "ultimate experience" that OFP provides.

--Ben