Sign in to follow this  
Shinkansen

Pirates

Close combat DOES work in OFP (i duno how many times i should repeat this...), it's easy to do without any scripting, just a correct config of the weapons - just a better use of ofp's "strokegun" ability -, and units must be "setunitpos "up"" to use this ability. The only "point" is that when you do not modify the config.bin, you'll have ofp strokegun anim which is awfull and too slow to be effective. If you don't want to create your own "config.bin" modifying strokegun anim as i did (i.e. release a whole mod...), you should create your own "cfgmoves" which is quite boring...

@ Shinkansen : did you try my Napoleonic mod ? I've slightly reworked PC sailingships, adding multiple canons and "destroy masts animations + fire", along with sailors and marines. Maybe it could help you. You can freely use anything you want in this mod with no asking, of course.

Close combat DOES work in OFP (i duno how many times i should repeat this...), it's easy to do without any scripting, just a correct config of the weapons - just a better use of ofp's "strokegun" ability -, and units must be "setunitpos "up"" to use this ability. The only "point" is that when you do not modify the config.bin, you'll have ofp strokegun anim which is awfull and too slow to be effective. If you don't want to create your own "config.bin" modifying strokegun anim as i did (i.e. release a whole mod...), you should create your own "cfgmoves" which is quite boring...

Thats why i like PCs method so much, it doesnt use the strokefist anim but uses a hiddenselection with moving arms so you can swing your sword and run at the same time

@ Shinkansen : did you try my Napoleonic mod ? I've slightly reworked PC sailingships, adding multiple canons and "destroy masts animations + fire", along with sailors and marines. Maybe it could help you. You can freely use anything you want in this mod with no asking, of course.

Hi, yes I have downloaded your mod yesterday and I really like it. Haven't seen yet that you have modified the PCsailing ships, I will play around more with it. Yes, I would like to use the sailors and other stuff (gun crew definitions for example) or to ask in the other way, would you be interested to join in?

An early Screenshot of a famous ship out of a movie. Neither "Titanic" nor "Poseidon"...

pirat6de3.jpg

You shouldn't do the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Carribean, but some kind of wierd ghost-ship (and, black sails are always nice for that) would be cool.

Let's say you are a captain on a pirateship, you must navigate to places where you can steal money and treasures, but if there is too many people there against you, it is not a good choice, even if there's alot of money to get.

At the same time, steering out in a vicious storm isn't the smartest thing to do either, aswell as you must keep away from the formerly mentioned ghost-ship.

Sounds like a good concept?

smile_o.gif

You shouldn't do the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Carribean, but some kind of wierd ghost-ship (and, black sails are always nice for that) would be cool.

Let's say you are a captain on a pirateship, you must navigate to places where you can steal money and treasures, but if there is too many people there against you, it is not a good choice, even if there's alot of money to get.

At the same time, steering out in a vicious storm isn't the smartest thing to do either, aswell as you must keep away from the formerly mentioned ghost-ship.

Sounds like a good concept?

smile_o.gif

Hi, yes for a mission concept the player should start in a very small boat, and trying to climb up the ladder of success by boarding, plundering and burning whatever comes in his way.

Sooner or later he will get more powerfull ships to set his flag on, but ships like the two gun-deck warhip and the Black pearl should be kept on the Nonplayer side.

Me.

Me too, in fact, I haven't heard much good stuff about it... apparently, they don't even do any acts of piracy! wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Me too, in fact, I haven't heard much good stuff about it... apparently, they don't even do any acts of piracy! wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I will see the movie this night. Maybe he is better or worther then the first part, in 9 hours I will know.

BUZZARD @ July 28 2006,23:33)]J W, have you seen "Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest" yet?

Yes, why?

make the Flying Dutchman :P

The Flying Dutchman is a very comblicated ship with a lot of details on it an will need a lot of special textures. But I have got the plans...

The Flying Dutchman is a very comblicated ship with a lot of details on it an will need a lot of special textures. But I have got the plans...

Ever heard of the batavia? It was a ship of the Dutch VOC. They made a replica realsize. If you search you will find enough pictures, maby this could help you with finding textures and such. hope that this will help you! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ever heard of the batavia? It was a ship of the Dutch VOC. They made a replica realsize. If you search you will find enough pictures, maby this could help you with finding textures and such. hope that this will help you!

Hi, yes thank you very much for this hint. As far as I know there are two replicas built by the dutch that match the time of pirates very well:

- Duyfken (~25m length)

- Batavia (~56m length)

But there are no plans available in the internet for the Batavia. I need a side, top and rear view drawing at least.

Arghh My Name is Captin Jack Sparrow

lol looks good...