Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

DMA anims "nextGen" got final

gfhfjscv4.jpg

Warning : the picture may not be an accurate display of the current release content

Long story :

Not satisfied with the previous "nextGen" version of my animation pack, i began a rework as the "nextGen" version while being acceptable for some addons was frankly awfull with some unit models.

Lack of free time, additional work load and daily exhaustement, and some various problems made this rework mostly abandonned.

Recently, after Ebud showed me his upcoming VTE units, i was so impressed by what i saw that i resumed the work instead of wasting my time at sleeping during the night.

Short story :

must ... stop ... launching ... OFPAnim ... hate ... argghhh

And so, here it is now, final release of the "nextGen" serie.

Tested on lots of addons, i think they are way better visually supported by this pack than the previous versions of the anims. Hands position is now totally visually compatible with all kind of unit addons, it was the biggest problem of the previous release.

The download , like my previous works, include a Classic (BIS weapon on back) and Patrol version (weapon on back -> patrol stance).

latest backbone included for anyone wanting to give a try.

download size +/- 8.8mo

Download mirrors (any help appreciated on this)

Filefront mirror

OFP.4players mirror thanks to Imutep

OFP.info mirror thanks to Sniperwolf572

(temporary mirrors)

http://www.easy-sharing.com/571394/dmaanimngf.rar.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/26187624/dmaanimngf.rar.html

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....BAC8CDD

Feel free to include this pack or part of it in any mods without asking for permission, simple credits to the DMA modteam would be appreciated though.

Enjoy wink_o.gif

Great pic. tounge2.gif

Downloading and checking... if it's any worth it. If it's better than the previous... damn you Sanc. crazy_o.gif

Any pics of it in action?

Downloading now

BTW:Heh,powerful SAS can do Kung-Fu! pistols.gif

jajajaja rofl.gifrofl.gif you are crazy! those break dance aiming positions disconcert the enemy for sure rofl.gif

btw , looks great wow_o.gifinlove.gif

Hey man.its final ok.

how about making static anims?Um,yeah I know you dont wanna waste your time anymore by using OFPanim[must ... stop ... launching ... OFPAnim ... hate ... argghhh

] notworthy.gif

*looks at pic*

Holy crap, if the enemy can do that I don't stand a chance.

....but I'll give it a whirl anyways.

I am not a screenshot expert, and have no time to spend at it, but here is a quick one :

hjhjhjpw3.jpg

And thank you Imutep and Sniperwolf572 for the mirrors

Yeh the new AT from back anim looks great, as of course do the rest of the anims!

Great job Sanctuary!

Hi Sanctuary,

I don't have OFP on this pc so I can't test the pack myself right now, hence this question. Have you reworked the running animation? I absolutely loved your previous anim pack, but the running anim was a bit strange...

Regards,

X.

thanks guys, i am glad you appreciate this.

Quote[/b] ]Have you reworked the running animation? I absolutely loved your previous anim pack, but the running anim was a bit strange...

yes, it has been reworked, it is now the one i released as a beta some time ago, and should look a bit less strange.

Sanctuary, I hope you're gonna update the Unigen animation pack. I think the aiming animation in that one is better, and the hand placement fits with the weapon grip in that one. So, have you given that some thought, or...?

I doubt i will update the unigen version in a near future, my free time not being very extensive unfortunately.

But for curiosity, why do you prefer the unigen anims over this new pack ?

Quote[/b] ]the hand placement fits with the weapon grip in that one.

That's strange, as the hand placement found in the unigen pack is now nearly the same as in this new version of the nextGen release (it was very different for previous nextGen version).

Well, the players right hand is not on the weapon handle/grip/whatever, and it hasn't been for a long time. That's really the only reason I prefer using the Unigen pack: The hand placement is right when you look at how the player is holding the weapon in first person.

Quote[/b] ]Well, the players right hand is not on the weapon handle/grip/whatever, and it hasn't been for a long time.

screenshot would help, as i don't see what you are talking about, Are you really refering to this new release , or a previous "nextGen" release ?

The hand placement is very different between the new "nextGen" current release and the previous one, as it uses the same kind of "unigen" hand grip

Ah, you are talking about that hand , i don't even think anyone would look at that hand ingame, i don't see where is there a problem in there ?

As in fact it does not depend on the animation but on the hand model and the weapon model the soldier is using (some units hand catches perfectly the grip, other not, and that is true for different kind of weapons)

See by example GROM units and OFPL M16 by example to see what i mean, unigen catched that hand grip very badly while nextgen catch it way better.

That's why it is difficult to make generic animations, as it does not work like other games, there are no "grip" sections to attract anims, it must be placed by hand for each frames of an animation.

So basically there is no solution to the problem you see in the screenshot, as if i solve it for this BIS unit and BIS weapon, other weapon and other units will then look bad in that area.

But you are not supposed to look at this zone of the weapon ingame anyways , and unless you zoom out your fov, you should not even see it wink_o.gif

Gah, dude, get Maya...

wink_o.gif

(No offence at your anims, but it will make your job soooo much easier biggrin_o.gif)

OT: Can you use Maya for modelling and animating for OFP? If thats so i have shitloads of things to put in smile_o.gif

On topic: Can i get the DMA lean to work with this pack ?

On topic: Can i get the DMA lean to work with this pack ?

Yes you can, the leaning mods have no dependancy to the animation pack you use.

Only bad point is that the rolling on the ground anim will not be interpolated very well, a slight hickup will be noticable but nothing gameplay breaking.