Sign in to follow this  
Wasper

Resistance in civilian clothing

Hello, does anyone know where I can find an addon for OFP that adds resistance units in civilian clothing?

Thanks.

The number of times this question has been asked.

Are you looking for a new addon, or do you simply want to make the civilians included ingame fight on the Resistance side?

If the latter, do this:

1. Make a resistance soldier. Make him a colonel, and then find the slide bar which changes his probability of presence. Make this zero.

2. Nearby, make the civilians you would like to fight on the resistance side. Make them any rank you like, as long as they're not colonel (though it wouldn't matter since the resistance unit was made first).

3. Press F2 to select "groups." Drag lines from your civilians to the resistance colonel. The lines should all originate from the colonel.

What have you done? You've made a resistance unit that will not appear, and the civilians you've made will fight on the resistance side (since they were originally grouped with a resistance unit).

Cameron's method works, but the problem is that you still won't be able to use LAWs or any other second-weapon-slot weapons, as well as having limited carrying capacity. Which makes sense, because you're in Civvies (No webbing to hold extra magazines, just your pockets) but the LAW thing makes little to no sense.

Doesn't the mapfact soldiers addon feature resistance civis (+ heavy weapons capabilities ?). Not sure atm.  smile_o.gif

I guess the trick with making civilians into a resistance squad could work. However, I was looking for an old addon (I couldn't find it on any site) that added more civilian skins and added them to the resistance side with weapons. Unfortunately I cannot recall who made it or what the name of the addon was.

EDIT: Also, when I am putting the civilians as resistance, is there an easy way to add weapons to them without having to make up different names for them?

Different names? Whaa?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addMagazine "AK47"; this addMagazine "AK47"; this addmagazine "AK47"; this addMagazine "Handgrenade"; this addWeapon "AK47"; this addWeapon "Throw"

In the init line of the unit, this gives you an unit with an AK47, 3 mags and one handgrenade.

Cant carry AT or much ammo with just adding them to default civilian. Use Trappers way though Wasper, alot of people have it so unlikley they will need to download it to play your mission, and adds 2 units that do what you need.

Quote[/b] ]You can have Civilians carrying LAW/RPG - easily!

There's 'hidden' unit class called 'Civilian Soldier' in OFP - they are the one's your fighting against in the first mission of Red Hammer campaing.

Create few civilians, save, alt-tab and edit mission.sqm.

Find the civilians and in the vehicle="civilianxx"; replace it with

vehicle="SoldierGFakeC"; or vehicle="SoldierGFakeC2";

By default this unit will carry AK74.

They can carry LAWs and RPGs but only one shot per each (if they have normal AK74+3-4 clips). Just add them with 'this addmagazine and this addweapon' commands in the init field.

Thanks for the help guys. Anyways, after awhile of searching I finally found the addon I was looking for.

Quote[/b] ]However, I was looking for an old addon (I couldn't find it on any site) that added more civilian skins and added them to the resistance side with weapons. Unfortunately I cannot recall who made it or what the name of the addon was.

I think you might be looking for STTCIVIL2_2.00, this is a hard one to find.

Hi, long time ago i used to play with a bunch of RES units in custom civilian clothes called: The Dr. No Tribe Addon that gives you, men in several civilian clothes, women in bras and some men in camo (pants & sweater) they use only BIS weapons and don't require of any other addon; but they gained alot armed with "my" wip_m1911 (thanks to King Hommer), "my" wip_g36's K pack (thanks to CassieG & Inquisitor [the weapons master]) and the LDG_HGP (aka Log Doc Hand Gun Pack) & the CC_Weapons 0.99 (aka Crime City Weapons 0.99 thanks to Jake Rod among others), they also look better with our wip_m4's pack 0.9 in the hands.

I think that they're the best RES units in civilian clothes that i ever seen released. Enjoy 'em; let's C ya

Vilas mod has civilian units under the resistance side, which are armed and dangerous. (Advise you download all his addons just so you don't get any compatibility problems).

Go into the editor, select resistance, look for Vilas Mod men, and go up until you find Cywril, or something like that.

Vilas Mod