Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ti0n3r

TOP1 for OFP

not 100% certain myself - only the devs of TOP1 can say this for sure.

yet i believe most ppl here dont get the picture right and thinking of something different.

TOP1 is NOT a replay-system.

TOP1 is an AfterActionReport-system.

In this case this means you can review the mission on the map view, like having a marker for every unit and see the markers move, as well as some event listing and other basic information.

There is no units replaying the actual mission.

The developers of TOP1 please correct me if i am wrong !

After reading the website and the different descriptions I must say that is more than just an "amateur" attempt at VBS1, it's very impressive! Looking forward to the English version release!

Sounds cool!

Wait for the english version to download... But still something bothers me... Is this perfectly legal? smile_o.gif

Sounds cool!

Wait for the english version to download... But still something bothers me... Is this perfectly legal? smile_o.gif

Why shouldn't? They used only the resources available from OFP. huh.gif

Looking forward to the english version, it seems like you did a great job! thumbs-up.gif

Klavan

I like the randomizing aspect of this project, but I don't understand the need for a replay ability? Why would you want to watch a bunch of AI you've just witnessed first hand kill eachother again? Unless you're using OFP to train for some kinda real life equivalent, (which is why VBS1 has this replay ability, so analysis can be made of the performance of the trainee being tested) I don't see the point?

Man.... this new feature will make movie making more easyer in OFP... woohoo.... and i almost bought vbs1 to get that feature lol... Ahhhhh... this will be a mighty advantage to movie making.. Thank you Gaia wink_o.gif

Nice add-on! Even though the english version isn't available yet and I don't know one word Czech, I do understand the missions and everything, there are only Czech recorded messages but with English radio messages so not hard to follow. smile_o.gif

Love the random mission aspect and the replay, knowing where the soldier that killed you was hidding and if he survived or that a teammate was able to revenge your death. biggrin_o.gif

@Kenwort, the replay isn't in 3d it's just the map showing soldier icons moving and with messages on the left showing what happened throughout the mission.

Isn't 3d perspective replay is possible in OFP? I'm thinking about Fwatch demo mission where replay shown with car.... wow_o.gif

Isn't 3d perspective replay is possible in OFP? I'm thinking about Fwatch demo mission where replay shown with car.... wow_o.gif

Yes, but it's works only for vehicles - you can't detect moves of soldiers or set them velocity.

Of course it's possible in not pretty looking version and in city fight it could be better than map, but I'm not planning 3D version to OFP. Maybe in ArmA.

any updates on the english version?

English translation is complete, now I'm waiting for German translation. If it will not be done until Saturday, I'll release it without it.

TOP1 system is improved, now it records total playtime, number of continues, loads and successfull completes (and in some mission are some specialities if you play them for the second or more times). I've also added instant recording (executed only by two parameters) for mission creators.

Living Battlefield project is done too, it's waiting only for CSLA update release. Another mission pack is on the way, it will contain three ACR missions with one story (so it will be some kind of mini campaign).

Living Battlefield project is done too, it's waiting only for CSLA update release. Another mission pack is on the way, it will contain three ACR missions with one story (so it will be some kind of mini campaign).

This is even better news, thanks for the info. smile_o.gif