Sign in to follow this  
Lanfear

Marketing for Armed Assault

I have been actively promoting OFP and Armed Assault for some time now.

I think the community could help by compiling a list of music they think honestly tastefull.

BIS is in a non english speaking country and there is always cultural divide in music. Music can set a fantastic scene in trailers.

I also think BIS should release some clips they think sum up the game, and give it to the community to make the best promo video they can. Best video gets a free game and promo material with it signed by the development staff, and free look in form Game 2 Snippets.

Just an Idea.

They could share some copies to the best/trusted photo and cutscene makers so they could spread some nice clips and media for the game communities. All material would either require approval from BIS and/or carry a stamp stating it´s current state (ArmA 75%)

Cheap, and it would spread to the customer-base in notime. What ArmA need now is some really artistic and compelling trailers to lure peoples interest. I have been fooled by "screenshots" way to often to base anything on them.

But keep the "no retouch" approach, people hate being fooled.

The best strategy is to go around forums with Arma in your sig, and post threads there when Arma news come out.

I think Bis know what they are doing and we should leave them to it. we are showing support by using this forum. Please dont tell me im the oldest or too old for this cos im a lot older than in my tweenties

I think Bis know what they are doing and we should leave them to it.

Exactly...some people think they have the best ideas...I think its best to leave it to PROFESSIONNALS.

I think Bis know what they are doing and we should leave them to it.

Exactly...some people think they have the best ideas...I think its best to leave it to PROFESSIONNALS.

To think that a game has good sales due to "only" the publisher and developer advertising the game is stupid. Really good games are also sold by word of mouth to people you know over the net or in person, then people you tell also tell people they know etc etc.

Just one person buying and liking a game can lead to possibly 100 more sold, word spreads pretty quick if a games really good to play.

How I got involved in OFP was my brother had heard about it and this was just the early demo well before release, so I downloaded the demo and bought the full version when it came out.

So if we post about OFP and ArmA on some other forums we visit which theres a good chance those people haven't even heard of OFP or ArmA (I know of some) which could lead to 1000's of more sales when the games released.

I got the game too because of a friend telling me how cool it was.

marketing has many facets.

we dont see  many posts from new people saying  they saw some pics on a site or a magazine?  they dont post if there here. We can all do are bit to help sell this game like AUS_Twisted said visit other forums talk to your freinds.

Also if arma is a new franchise would they try and sell it and game 2 as a package to a future publisher?

and would that mean game 2 would become arma2?

what do you guys think

thumbs-up.gif

Since Game 2 is only a working title, it may be possible to call it ArmA 2, but i'm not sure that BIS will do that because Game 2 will be a revolutionary game and won't have much to do with ArmA i guess.

Quote[/b] ]some people think they have the best ideas...I think its best to leave it to PROFESSIONNALS.

Word of mouth does much more than any professional marketing and you really should check for typos when writing in caps.

Im not trying to flame here, but people will take your posts more seriously if you take the time to type properly.

Guest Ti0n3r

No, I can't see why it would be better to just leave it to 'PROFESSIONNALS'. The sales could easily be doubled within a year if we (ArmA players in general) just 'spread the word'.

Also, if people will take your posts (and you) seriously or not is more a matter of the posters attitude, rather than his grammar etc.

I'm sure that all of us, when we talk to enyone about PC games (and not just PC), mention to others our fav game, OFP, and soon to be our fav, ArmA. I take it as something perfectly normal.

I'm surpîsed to not yet see a post of someone asking for some of us give hand to develop game... Could be usefull to have AA finished before... biggrin_o.gif

And what about truck drivers ? yay.gif

BIS knows what its doing. And how can you call their marketing bad when they sold more that a million copy's? wow_o.gif

But its a well meant gesture. smile_o.gif

Im not trying to flame here, but people will take your posts more seriously if you take the time to type properly.

Compared with my ONE typo, and his numerous and disgusting typos, I think one mistake can slide. His post on the otherhand was horribly written. Yes nice try, I get the irony but it isn't ironic because his writing is much worse than a single typo.

Nice try...

BIS knows what its doing. And how can you call their marketing bad when they sold more that a million copy's?     wow_o.gif

But its a well meant gesture.  smile_o.gif

Well it was codemaster's marketing.

Development studios aren't responsible for marketting, be happy you even know arma exists. :O

*blahblahblah*

Nice try...

Wow, it's starting to stink here, and I don't think it comes from me...

Anyway, I (really) never seen a TV spot or anything about Operation Flashpoint; I knew it by two friends, I falled in love... all that stuff tounge2.gif

So I don't think spots and all are important, sure it can help by getting new users and thos who don't have internet, but with 1.5Millions sells, I don't understand why there is still no publisher.

Maybe BIS are setting too much rules?

Not being bought, or something like that... ?

For sure, the month ArmA goes out, IMO at least 1 million sells can be counted.

(*sry but, IMO = In My Opinion, right*)

xD

And yes, the best marketing is done on word of mouth.

Compared with my ONE typo, and his numerous and disgusting typos, I think one mistake can slide. His post on the otherhand was horribly written. Yes nice try, I get the irony but it isn't ironic because his writing is much worse than a single typo.

Nice try...

if you have a problem with me Ukraineboy

pm message me please

balls and drop come to mind

biggrin_o.gif

Who comes back from holidays on a Friday, thats just a fancy way of saying Monday. biggrin_o.gif