Sign in to follow this  
Journeyman

Best site for ArmA addons, mods & updates

My main source of latest news and goodies for OFP was always OFP.info. So now that ArmA is nearly here, which is gonna be the best place to surf for all the latest goodies for ArmA?   eyesroll.gif

Only serious contenders may apply!  tounge2.gif    So best sites for ArmA goodies will be.....

Well I'm assuming that with the release of ArmA ofp.info will change focus from OFP to Armed Assault and therefore will remain as one of the top sites for the BIS games.

Guest Ti0n3r

These forums wink_o.gif

Best Armed Assault web Site for addons & updates should be the Official One! ( www.armedassault.com )

BIS should aprove the best modes & updates and also host them in their own web site.

no? wink_o.gif

edit:

These forums wink_o.gif

I agree!

And what makes you so certain that anything will change? We're all still the same people, the same community, there's no need for change.

I expect that everyone (or most of us) will simply migrate over to ArmA, why would the site members stay behind?

Yup,if ya need a name change then just put a slot of somethin on the side of a website containing AA stuff,if it really causes that much issue...wee...nearly here,hum..these are gonna be a long 3 or so months...oh well,back to cleaning house banghead.gif and playing OFP:E and seeing what I can find biggrin_o.gif

And what makes you so certain that anything will change? We're all still the same people, the same community, there's no need for change.

I expect that everyone (or most of us) will simply migrate over to ArmA, why would the site members stay behind?

So OFP.info will change to ArmA.info or BISgames.info or just have a separate section for ArmA? No problem! But what about other contenders too?  

I'm more and more reluctant to visit OFP.info these days because I'm fed up of their popups and page diverters. Click on an image and instead of the image you get some corny Czec advert! Don't like it! Put adverts to one side, we will click on them if we want too! Sure they have to pay for bandwidth etc. ...adverts will do fine for that!

And yeah these forums will always be top of the list, but forums are not as easy to quickly check for news as a dedicated website. Forums are for total feedback and debates not quick browsing for the latest info!  wink_o.gif

So yea to all you budding website owners, I wanna hear who'll be doin what! Then when I'm through with all the crappy comments I'll make my decision forthwith!  tounge2.gif

i think there will be many sites that will host that stuff, ofp.info maybe the main site and the forums might be one source and also ofpbase and maybe opflash.org and many more. smile_o.gif

better don't try arma.info, you'll get to a russian site, which I don't understand, I guess it has something to do with computers, but not with arma sad_o.gif

better don't try arma.info, you'll get to a russian site, which I don't understand, I guess it has something to do with computers, but not with arma sad_o.gif

no arma.inof, then what armass.info(just like some people called Armed assault before)?  rofl.gif

I would say best site for ArmA will be ofp.info taht switched to ArmA.

Clearly its going to be http://www.armedassault.eu tounge2.gif

.... You took your time! Anyway I've already bookmarked you along with Armed Assault Zone.com. I'll be checking to see who has the most content, so be convincing Espectro 'cos u're being judged!  tounge2.gif

Clearly its going to be http://www.armedassault.eu tounge2.gif

.... You took your time! Anyway I've already bookmarked you along with Armed Assault Zone.com. I'll be checking to see who has the most content, so be convincing Espectro 'cos u're being judged! tounge2.gif

Nice to hear that. AAZ is a very nice site as well smile_o.gif

Our site, http://www.armedassault.eu will focus on news, missions and tournaments. We allready have a very nice partnership with **start advertisement** The best ofp tournament site on the web, http://onlinewarfare.net .**stop advertisement**

We will be arranging various leagues including CTI, CTF on their server as well as the server we will be having (sponsored by http://www.eclipse-servers.com/ ).

Oh, and if anyone have any ideas, sugestions, critics (beyond my crappy english), feel free to post here smile_o.gif

Oh, and register on our site smile_o.gif

ARMEDASSAULT.ORG will beat them all! biggrin_o.gif I have like 5 sites besides armedassault.org, it's hard to manage them by myself but Ive got some things coming up. Basically, my site is for those who love military stuff. Besides game news you will find real combat videos, and more are coming up. Anyway, when Armed Assault is released you can be sure that every available addon or map will be at armedassault.org yay.gifarmed assault